Maintenace of PC

D

Deleted member 930

I recently purchased a Trident X Plus and would like to know how to keep this thing up and running for more then just a year.

Considering i have no experience of maintaing a PC proparly i would like to ask the Community how they do it and some general tips.

In my infinite wisdom i used vaccum cleaner to get rid of the dust luckily no system crashes and i won't do it again because i know now of the risks.

Please keep in mind that i have no expertise of this field so try to make it easy for me to understand.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I recently purchased a Trident X Plus and would like to know how to keep this thing up and running for more then just a year.

Considering i have no experience of maintaing a PC proparly i would like to ask the Community how they do it and some general tips.

In my infinite wisdom i used vaccum cleaner to get rid of the dust luckily no system crashes and i won't do it again because i know now of the risks.

Please keep in mind that i have no expertise of this field so try to make it easy for me to understand.
DON'T EVER USE A VACCUM CLEANER WHAT THE FUCK BRO

Use cans of compressed air to blow out dust without generating static electricity

Make sure to keep cables clear of anything that moves within your PC (coolers, fans on GPUs/CPUs etc)

Make sure to stay oriented on the temperature of your machine, and manage your fan speed accordingly (if it doesn't do it automatically, some MSI cards don't do this)

Thermal paste needs to be replaced on the CPU once in a while (not very often, google is your friend on the process and frequency for your specific hardware)

Keep it in a clean environment, and make sure to blow the dust out of any USB ports you have have once in a while (think every 3 months for CAT5/6 Ethernet cables, more often for fiber optic cables if you utilize them)

D

Deleted member 930

DON'T EVER USE A VACCUM CLEANER WHAT THE FUCK BRO

Use cans of compressed air to blow out dust without generating static electricity

Make sure to keep cables clear of anything that moves within your PC (coolers, fans on GPUs/CPUs etc)

Make sure to stay oriented on the temperature of your machine, and manage your fan speed accordingly (if it doesn't do it automatically, some MSI cards don't do this)

Thermal paste needs to be replaced on the CPU once in a while (not very often, google is your friend on the process and frequency for your specific hardware)

Keep it in a clean environment, and make sure to blow the dust out of any USB ports you have have once in a while (think every 3 months for CAT5/6 Ethernet cables, more often for fiber optic cables if you utilize them)
Thanks.

I used to have Office PC but it wasn't well suited for things i wanted to do. Like i said first time i seriously took care of a PC and i'm happy that nothing happend and kind of feel lucky that my curiosity kicked in.

or else i wouldn't have found out about all this stuff.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Thanks.

I used to have Office PC but it wasn't well suited for things i wanted to do. Like i said first time i seriously took care of a PC and i'm happy that nothing happend and kind of feel lucky that my curiosity kicked in.

or else i wouldn't have found out about all this stuff.
As long as you keep your machine dust-free then it will operate without any problems that you can't fix

Reactions: List

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
https://www .amazon. com/XPOWER-Airrow-Multi-Use-Electric-Computer/dp/B00SI67YRU/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=electric+air+blower&qid=1624989619&sr=8-6

buy this
save tons of money on compressed air

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
https://www .amazon. com/XPOWER-Airrow-Multi-Use-Electric-Computer/dp/B00SI67YRU/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=electric+air+blower&qid=1624989619&sr=8-6

buy this
save tons of money on compressed air
Or just borrow a compressor once in a blue moon when you de-dust your pc?

D

Deleted member 1405

i use canned air instead of lugging an air compressor into my apartment and generating 5000000 psi of air into my pc

i clean my PC once a week with canned air, and once every year I will take my fans apart and clean the dust from them. The system works for me with my setup and where I live, everyone is different.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
As we like to say in Austria,
"Hast an' Knall?!"

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
compressed air and rubbing alcohol
plug power and monitor out before u clean never just power down or click the OFF switch on the back