Information Map Archive

Discussion in 'Event Section' started by Baker, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Baker

Baker Mr. Mineside
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:

[​IMG]

This archive is currently being managed by @Kafe

If you wish to suggest maps yourself, simply place a link to them here and I'll check them out to be added

The archive currently lists 47 maps
    The archive also lists 11 reject maps​
    CITY MAPS
    Intended to serve for either multiple day/ long term map replacements for the main city server

Terminal6_V2
    [​IMG]

Moderate - Can support most factions and provides a bigger sense of danger with the canal no man's land causing rebel and combine engagements. Refugee escapes are harder on this map due to being forced to cross the no man's land

C24_V1
    [​IMG]
    Super large - Great looking map, but it's too large and favors rebels heavily

City19
    [​IMG]

Large - Venice style city map, suitable for most factions

NC_Industrial17_V1a

[​IMG]
    Large - Beta styled map, commonly used for this gamemode

NC_Industrial17_V3
    Content
    [​IMG]

Fuckin' Huge - @Zak iteration of i17, includes far more content in the city and underground, as well as an expansive canal section

City17 - Open Beta
    [​IMG]
    Large - takes the first HL2 map, and expands it further, suitable for our needs (while in open beta, it is not in development any further)

NC_C17_D47
    NC_C17_D47_V2
    [​IMG]

Large - @Zak custom edit of D47, used in Helix launch

C16_V1a
    [​IMG]

Large - New workshop map, untested but seems like it could suit our needs, Optimization work is still needed for this map however, beware poor performance.

City11_Beta_froyo
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - HL2 beta theme, performance concerns due to fog

NC_C8_V3
    [​IMG]

moderate (large with outlands) - good community sentiment for it's use, but outlands creates serious problems

NC_C8_V2b
    [​IMG]

Varient of C8_V3 - Large - Replaces outlands with slums, server can work with exclusively the normal city, or this slum and be fine.

C8_District9

[​IMG]
    Slums only version of C8 - Medium - Includes a daytime version of the slums in C8_V2b with more polish.

City8_2_dnaco
    [​IMG]
    Visually alike to other C8 maps but with an entirely new layout, Resistance areas are below and above ground and better integrated.

EVENT MAPS

Maps which are only suitable for use in events
    Abandoned_Subway_Station
    [​IMG]

Small - Ideal for small scale events or those that do not require much space.

Agroprom
    Resources
    [​IMG]

Large - Agroprom map from STALKER, includes underground section

Apocalypse
    [​IMG]

Large - Open environment map with apocalypse theme, could be suited for certain events

BigIsland
    [​IMG]
    Large - Barely any man made structures, underground caves, unsure of it's use, but it meets requirements

Boreas
    Content
    [​IMG]
    Very Large - Winter map with custom winter assets, Large underground portion of the map too

Bremergard_Forest
    [​IMG]

Large - Visual theme may harm it's viability, requires addon packs for models

CC_Caves_1
    [​IMG]
    Very large - Half-life 2: Episode 2 Antlion cave/ mines levels put into one map, interconnected without teleporters.

CC_TheCanals_2
    [​IMG]
    Very large - Half-life 2 canal levels put into one map. Requires noclip to visit all areas

Chaparral
    Content[​IMG]

Large - American desert town, military bunker and aircraft graveyard

CoastalImprobable
    [​IMG]
    Medium - Extremely well made map, rebel base environment

CoolSnow
    [​IMG]
    Large - Includes snowy mountains, A main road and variety of locations. good for any faction

Depot
    [​IMG]

Very large - HL2 appropriate prison environment and expansive wasteland with active antlion NPCs

Desert Carcass

[​IMG]
    Moderate - Visual driven map around a wrecked ship along the coast (note: No interior to the ship)

Forest
    [​IMG]

Moderate - While labelled as a CS map, this still serves as a strong outlands styled event map. Worth checking out, just no interiors to access

Forest Valley
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - Visuall appealing mountain and forest themed map, utilises CSGO assets (but that is free now) - In 'other' maps category called 'valley'

HighwayImprobable
    Content

[​IMG]
    Very large - From the people behind Coastal Improbable, this is another exceptional map, beware poor performance however

INEU_Pass
    [​IMG]

Large - meets the EP2 visual theme but poorly optimized

INEU_Valley
    [​IMG]

Large - Open but poorly optimized

Isles
    [​IMG]

Large - 3 islands scattered around, strong passive map

KROT
    [​IMG]
    Large - Long, winding tunnels and creepy soundscape make this perfect for horror events and expeditions

lb_nova_prospekt
    [​IMG]
    Medium - Includes a nova prospekt environment and canal like region and hidden entrance for resistance

LR_Refuge_v1
    [​IMG]
    Large - Long winding tunnels based in a metro station.

Manor
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - British countryside environment with a Tudor era manor as main landmark, event map by @Kafe

Never Lose Hope Hospital
    [​IMG]

Moderate - Interior Focused environment set in a hospital, has multiple hidden areas that can also be used for horror

OuterCanals
    Winter Version
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - Sectioned canal map, better for urban exploration maps

Pipeline
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - Desert gas pipeline environment, made by @Kafe - has active antlion spawners (but can be disabled)

Pripyat
    Resources

[​IMG]
    Large - Pripyat map from STALKER, presented as is from the original game (unlike pripyat map used in WW3RP's history)

Radar
    Content

[​IMG]
    Very large - Conversion from the game into Gmod, map features the surface level of radar and an expansive underground section.

Red Forest
    [​IMG]
    Large - Red Forest map from STALKER, with additional areas including underground space.

Refuge
    [​IMG]

Very large - Made by staff member (@Kafe ), patches can be provided on demand

Subterranean
    [​IMG]
    Very small - Vertical rebel base, strong choice for passive resistance events, beware of low performance on higher settings

Suo
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - Remote resistance settlement type environment

TNB_Coast
    [​IMG]
    Large - Multiple coast areas stacked by teleporters

Vuoristo
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - Remote Resistance Mining Settlement

Vyten
    [​IMG]
    Large - Northen winter landscape, ideal for certain events

Zaton (Remaster)
    [​IMG]
    Very Large - Zaton level from the stalker series given a visual overhaul. High bar of quality.

REJECTED CITY MAPS
    These are maps I have rejected for multiple issues. I strongly advise you do not use any of these maps.
    When picking a map for an event that I did not archive, check this list just incase there is a reason for that.

RP_City45_x1f_final
    Spawn room has a sign that says 'only allowed for catalyst gaming'
    That community is dead now, so this map is forced to die with it.

RP_City33_Build130
    While an interesting map that provides a lot for citizens, the same cannot be said for cwu, WI, terminal, ect as they have one small room each between them.
    Alongside this, the map relies on a subway train to connect two halves of the map together. and this train frequently got stuck and stopped working, essentially requiring multiple restarts for the map to function properly.
    Overall, not worth the time.

The map also has IC teleporters, which would not fit our lore (IC teleporters for both union and resistance)

RP_City_23_Night

Underdeveloped map that includes sections ripped straight out of other city maps. does not feature what we need and is in my opinion, a poor map
    Modifying the map is not an option either as the uploader to the workshop stole this map from a different website

RP_city17_residential_templar
    This is one I made (@Kafe ) and I'll go out of my way to ensure this is never used. so far so that I've removed it from being visible on the workshop

RP_City11_V2
    The map is simply too small to support our community and it's population.

REJECTED EVENT MAPS

These are maps I have rejected for multiple issues. I strongly advise you do not use any of these maps.
    When picking a map for an event that I did not archive, check this list just incase there is a reason for that.

GM_IndustrialCreek
    Released with map leaks (Water broken, map is in fullbright)

GM_Lost_Coast

Map suffers from broken optimization that leaves objects disappearing when approached from the wrong direction. In addition, this map has entity ammo for SMGs and Rockets still within the map

RP_RiverCrossing
    While it is made by @Kafe ,the map is rejected by Clockwork and refuses to run.

RP_UP_Canals2Coast (night version)
    Lot of dead space (death water), map bug means this is in fullbright only
    Use the day version of this map

GM_Balkans
    Would have the potential to be a good event map, however it is simply not optimized and runs excessively poorly, add on high player numbers and Clockwork, it will be unplayable.

RP_Stalker_Winter_V5
    Issue with certain weather/ particle effects cause memory related crashes when this map is put into use, marked as a reject due to instability caused.
    Non snow versions of this map seem to function fine however
    awaiting confirmation

Woodland Warzone

Very much Barren in most of the locations, and areas that do appear dense have very few enter-able buildings

City Ruins
    Missing content, broken assets frequent

Resistance_B4
    Significant crash on the map with warehouse doors - Map suffers performance decay, 2 hour event fell to single digit fps towards the end

This thread is designed to allow us to search for maps that can be used in events, without needing to head over to the steam workshop 24/7 hunting for a good map.
    Credit to @Baker for the original idea.​

#1 Baker, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jaydawg

Jaydawg Blackwheeeel
    Moderator Developer Premium Member

Nebulae:
    This thread will help you with planning your future event and finding the right map, we're always adding more maps to the list, this thread won't be locked at this current time, so if you have a map that can be used and want to suggest it to the list. Then fill free to reply and just follow the format that the spoilers use.

But also put just at the bottom of the suggestion why think it should be added.

Major thanks to Kafe though for updating and keeping this thread alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    New addition:

Desert Carcass
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - Visual driven map around a wrecked ship along the coast (note: No interior to the ship)
    More to be added soon.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion

Nebulae:
    One more, thought I already had this one...
    [​IMG]

Large - American desert town, military bunker and aircraft graveyard​

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion

Nebulae:
    3rd post of the day, will try to keep these to the end of the day next time.

Zaton (Remaster)
    [​IMG]
    Very Large - Zaton level from the stalker series given a visual overhaul. High bar of quality.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion

Nebulae:
    3 new maps added to the archive.
    One is something I spotted on the event server, and the other two are event maps I have made, since this is my archive, I'ma abuse my power and add them.

[​IMG]

Moderate - Interior Focused environment set in a hospital, has multiple hidden areas that can also be used for horror

Manor
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - British countryside environment with a Tudor era manor as main landmark, event map by @Kafe

Pipeline
    [​IMG]
    Moderate - Desert gas pipeline environment, made by @Kafe - has active antlion spawners (but can be disabled)​

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Axi0m

Axi0m Quark

Nebulae:
    gm_blackwoods
    Moderate - Forest environment with a small cabin, pond, and road with strider nodes​

#7 Axi0m, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion

Nebulae:
    Following today's Expedition, I have added the following map to the rejects list:

Resistance_B4
    game crash on the map with warehouse doors - Map suffers performance decay, 2 hour event fell to single digit fps towards the end
    A reminder that the rejects list maps are not outright banned from events, they are just maps I high discourage use of for specific reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion

Nebulae:
    I've hit the image limit for single forum posts. unless anyone can remove the limit for this thread, I will have to split up the archive into separate posts for each section. Lucky me.

Agroprom
    Resources
    [​IMG]

Large - Agroprom map from STALKER, includes underground section

Pripyat
    Resources

[​IMG]
    Large - Pripyat map from STALKER, presented as is from the original game (unlike pripyat map used in WW3RP's history)

Red Forest
    [​IMG]
    Large - Red Forest map from STALKER, with additional areas including underground space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WizzyDev

WizzyDev A Turret

Nebulae:
    rp_city24_v2
    Large - A rework of City 24, made to be smaller, more visually appealing and also better for combine, so it doesn't favour rebels as much.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    This right here is why it's both worse than v1 and absolutely insufferable as an event map.

12. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion

Nebulae:
    the old rebel hub of 24 is the reason I liked that map as much as it did, had a really good feeling of community, given we didn't live in a sewer pipe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice