In Progress Map Project - rp_terminal6_v2 edit

Discussion in 'Half-Life 2 Roleplay' started by Neythi, Oct 18, 2019.

1. IgglePiggle

IgglePiggle Electron

Nebulae:
    rabid bro, it just doesn't make sense. rebels and refugees, they don't really get to have an easy time. they are fugitives, criminals, the law is constantly after them. these are risks that people know they are taking before they go off the grid, if you don't want that sort of roleplay, why play the character? why not just passive as a civvie, it's hardly going to make a difference if you're not doing anything either way?

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  2. Omni

Omni Atom

Nebulae:
    Rebels that depend on safe zones beyond city limits and cannot co-exist alongside/within the anonymity of their fellow citizens should be culled.

Hide your guns beneath floorboards and in secret compartments behind picture frames. Hide secret cellars underneath rugs. Do absolutely anything and everything to keep the rebel scene within your local housing blocks. Cut out holes in books, stack shit up behind wallpaper. Make preserving the arts and culture of the old world a hinging theme of your resistance. Infiltrate Combine institutions including but not limited to the CWU, Terminal, UIL, UM, USE, CP, CAB, etc.

Grassroots rebellions, folks. No more of these outlands/canals dwelling vested militias that operate as separate factions from citizens entirely, cowards. The occupation shouldn't be written off as being able to be won by mere brute force. These rebellions should be borne of your common man and woman using and abusing every inch of privilege and advantage they can muster from within the system.

[​IMG]

I previously said you couldn't U-turn into this sort of logic because people would just see it as discouragement but I don't think that people would see it that way for long.

#102 Omni, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
  3. Tinbe

Tinbe Current real-life year + 7 = Current HL2RP IC year
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Pretty sure each of these requires an auth of some kind. And judging by the character auth thread;
    Hidden compartments are not available at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Omni

Omni Atom

Nebulae:
    I was just about to reply with "why don't you just build one yourself with props" but then I always forget that building in Nebulous is dumbfoundingly paywalled and it hits me like a fucking truck every time.

Also banning hidden compartments sounds incredibly silly. That should be like one of the main tools a resistance uses.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  5. Deathwolf

Deathwolf Molecule
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Just uh, buy premium 4head

6. Omni

Omni Atom

Nebulae:
    Sorry but I prefer my collaborative storytelling experience to not inhibit people's ability to perform solely because they can't or don't want to chip in money.

Tune in next time for my next massive roleplay dissertation on the dangers of excessive gameism in roleplay.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  7. Tinbe

Tinbe Current real-life year + 7 = Current HL2RP IC year
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Even prop-built ones only last as long as said player is on the server at the time. Plus, it's a double-edged sword; both CPs could abuse it ("Hmm this thing looks highly suspicious, let's look at it") as well as the users of said stashes (making either OP'ly-elaborate or just straight-up weird hiding spots).
    From what I know, rebel containers used to be a bit of an epidemic back in the day. There were a lot of them, and it was hard to keep track of. IIRC there were even a lot of those whose original owners had been long-dead, and were just collecting dust - technically inaccessible to all characters on the server ICly. Maybe it could be doable if there was a spreadsheet for 'em?

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  8. GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer i like firetruck and moster truck

Nebulae:
    you're describing early helix rebellion but also forgetting the part where BOLs and auto-pinging cameras exist

you can't have a rebellion fully within the city walls, not just because it's limiting from a story perspective but also because neb functionally doesn't work that way

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  9. dee pixel

dee pixel jesus christ denton
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    i mean if you mean the armed-to-the-teeth army men type rebellion then yeah

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  10. GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer i like firetruck and moster truck

Nebulae:
    think of it this way

if you obtain something like say, portal technology, is the city the safest place to store such a thing?

no, so if you limit yourself to the city you aren't going to be going very far

i mean shit, it's a fluke kleiner's lab didn't get raided

11. Omni

Omni Atom

Nebulae:
    I think shit like Kleiner's Lab is exactly what we need more of in some ways.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  12. Neythi

Neythi frenchie
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer Premium Member

Nebulae:
    gonna work on CAB area today

none of that metallic bullshit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inspired by Bladerunner 2049

• nebulous nebulous x 15
  13. cns

cns The Winner

Nebulae:
    We out here running on blades and shit

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  14. Nov

Nov Atom
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    K I N O

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  15. Leather Clad Lad

Leather Clad Lad `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    No safe zones but safe passage underneath the city. Let me enter the sewers from building A and lose the cops by emerging from building C

There should be an obvious spot in the D4 area for trading purposes if you want the caravan to actually arrive and do business.

Something something Paris catacombs. Mix standing height with crouching height 'n shit.

16. 234857964238753

234857964238753 Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Personally, I think the absolute main focus should be the city and slums. Make the sewer area an unpractical area for setting up anything by making it dangerous (i don't want gas zones, something like that zombie + shitwater area in d47). I also don't like the idea of an outlands/canals since the map is too large at that point and players will be split, especially rebel characters sitting out on the other side of the map, not doing anything to contribute to the effort of rebelling. Just keep people to the surface so there's a larger tension between the rebels and cops.

Also, add a moving train like in d47 to give opportunity to escape on it somehow or get people crushed.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  17. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    map hazards will always be autistic and look downed upon

don't force people to congregate in pre-made hubs but make players decide the best areas to rp based on metas set by the server

the furthest from a cop is the best you'll find lax rp for the most time where you don't have to second-guess every /me just in case a cop is in range and metas it through a wall

18. 234857964238753

234857964238753 Nucleus

Nebulae:
    i don't recall many people disliking d47's map hazards, if anything its what helped the map stay fresh and enjoyable

19. Kafe

Kafe Maps, Moderation, PK appeals, Ice Cream lady pics
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    They didn't like some being made into PK zones.
    But it was the only means we had to prevent people just going down and farming NPCs for attributes. which people did anyway.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  20. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    many people did, cause it's a map hazard it'll = pk's.

what's fresh and enjoyable about getting your char pked because the rng faggot zombies camping you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice