""""""""""""""mapping""""""""""""""

asdfghjkgfdsafh

resident australian
Nebulae
EXTREMELY UNFINISHED
hi
i am quite new to hammer and have been using it for about a month but anyway
because i'm a fucking lazy spastic i prefer not to really dev texture too much as i feel my ideas go down better if i can get the basics of them down

anyway enough rambling

also all my fucking props disappeared so whatever no props
some shitty building
mBYU2f3.jpg

some shitty tunnel to said building
FCpxvuU.jpg

the start of some shitty arcade (shopping kind)
i9OMzb6.jpg

and a little underpass and what would be the plaza which all the props have disappeared from
yvA2uXw.jpg

more shit to come at some point

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Seeing you put playerclipping on the stairs put a smile on my face.
Drop me a PM if you want any mapping advice by the way, will be glad to help keep you working on these ideas.

asdfghjkgfdsafh

resident australian
Nebulae
Check the visgroups if they have all disappeared. If you accidentally deleted them you can always undo it. Also increase your undo levels in the settings.
well, they've gone even when compiling and i am way past the point of no return for undos, but it was just fences and crap so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
well, they've gone even when compiling and i am way past the point of no return for undos, but it was just fences and crap so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hammer can sometimes fuck you in the ass mid mapping so there's really no way to safeguard against its antics, you can only prevent some of them.
[doublepost=1486561892][/doublepost]
well, they've gone even when compiling
If they are disabled in the visgroups, they will not be compiled.

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
If hammer asks you to delete corrupted displaced brushes once you start the program and you choose yes, it will delete all the entities in the map forever aswell, it's a bug

asdfghjkgfdsafh

resident australian
Nebulae
so i got a little bored of that map and wanted a short break from it so i'm now doing a short theatre UU broadcast centre type thing
you can sorta see the start of the catwalks and this is before any major detailing so yeah, heavy work in progress

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
so i got a little bored of that map and wanted a short break from it so i'm now doing a short theatre UU broadcast centre type thing
you can sorta see the start of the catwalks and this is before any major detailing so yeah, heavy work in progress

a whole movie theater for a sitcom wow you're so kind :wink: