Completed Mic is Desperate Tries for Help - Modem and DNS internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hey guys so since the technician is scheduled to come the 5th and my wifi is SCREWED I'm asking if you guys know any solution to this. So here's what happens.

I come home all happy... get on the internet and then 1 hour later it goes out, i wait a bit it doesen't come back.

I notice my Arris modem light is red (The globe) so I try to restart it, then reset it, then try it for 5 times, Nothing.

Ok surely tech support can handle it... NOPE, even the tech support guys didn't know what to do.

But it's clearly not an Internet outage on their side, so it appears it's a problem on my side, does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?
The only clue i might have is that the troubleshoot says it DNS server might be unavailable

I got no clue of what to do and phone wifi is McDonald quality if not worse

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Hey guys so since the technician is scheduled to come the 5th and my wifi is SCREWED I'm asking if you guys know any solution to this. So here's what happens.

I come home all happy... get on the internet and then 1 hour later it goes out, i wait a bit it doesen't come back.

I notice my Arris modem light is red (The globe) so I try to restart it, then reset it, then try it for 5 times, Nothing.

Ok surely tech support can handle it... NOPE, even the tech support guys didn't know what to do.

But it's clearly not an Internet outage on their side, so it appears it's a problem on my side, does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?
The only clue i might have is that the troubleshoot says it DNS server might be unavailable

I got no clue of what to do and phone wifi is McDonald quality if not worse
This happened to me and we made the mistake of assuming it was an issue on their end or with the computer - for five weeks.

Your modem has likely shit the bed and you'll need a new one.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This happened to me and we made the mistake of assuming it was an issue on their end or with the computer - for five weeks.

Your modem has likely shit the bed and you'll need a new one.

do you think if I just get a new one I can plug the cables and be done? Or do modem need special set up?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
do you think if I just get a new one I can plug the cables and be done? Or do modem need special set up?
Yeah, though you'll have to change to it manually on your comp and input the password, etc. Takes like 30 seconds though.

It does also mean you'll need to do that for every device that uses the internet in your house however.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I use ethernet but I have no idea how to manually set it’s password :(
If you use Ethernet then it should be the same process as you used to set it up last time.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
FIXED,

The solution was so stupid, it wasn't my problem IT WAS FRONTIER PROBLEM turns out they diagnosed the thing wrong and tought I didn't have fiber BUT I did, so they made all stupid solutions and schedule my appointment for the 5th

But I called again and was tried to get my appointment before the 1st, turns out I didn't need it, the other customer service lady actually found out the problem and fixed it for me with a simple click.

I wasted 5 hours on this mother of god.

Status
Not open for further replies.