mic not working in gmod after using slam

NightScape

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
So i used slam to micspam a bit before realizing "hey its not working" so i deleted it and thought nothing of it. I downloaded it again and did the same thing. and then i deleted it. Then i realize my mic is not working at all! Even the little voice icon in the lower right corner isnt showing. My mic works btw. I even tested it in the steam voice settings. So can anyone help me on this? I have tried resetting my pc aswell.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
install the new drivers for your headset if any have been released?

NightScape

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
just revert your pc to before you redownloaded slam then, should fix the issue
how? im using windows 10. And also forgot to mention this, for me to actually speak i have to use slam. but the thing is with that is it repeats what im saying into my headphones. And its really shitty that way

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Right click volume icon
Click sound or whatever to get to the list of sound devices
Go to recording
Right click your mic and set it as default device

Btw next time use exp soundboard which just needs a virtual audio cable for micspamming instead of installing terrible softwares like hldj or slam which are bound to fuck shit up

But if the little voice icon isn't even showing then it's most likely your game
Have you tried voice chatting on steam with a friend and ask them if they hear you?

NightScape

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Right click volume icon
Click sound or whatever to get to the list of sound devices
Go to recording
Right click your mic and set it as default device

Btw next time use exp soundboard which just needs a virtual audio cable for micspamming instead of installing terrible softwares like hldj or slam which are bound to fuck shit up

But if the little voice icon isn't even showing then it's most likely your game
Have you tried voice chatting on steam with a friend and ask them if they hear you?
I resetted my pc so everything is brand new. So im sorry that i couldnt get your message in time. but lbh that probably wouldnt work