Mirrors Edge Catalyst

Dostoevsky

Electron
Nebulae
WHO ELSE CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS FUCKING GAME.

mirrors-edge-catalyst-logo.jpg

Dostoevsky

Electron
Nebulae
A youtuber called NerdCubed has already done a play-through of the beta. Needless to say, it looks bad, disappointingly so.

It's only the closed beta, numerous sources have said it's going to look a lot better, run a bit better, and reflect on how people thought of the beta.

The original mirrors edge was so great so I can't wait for Catalyst.

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
If that is the case, I too am excited.

Countless hours have been put into Mirror's Edge via steam. I suppose just seeing EA's name on it is scary as fuck, but if they do do a good job, props.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm pretty hyped for this game.

Played the beta for a bit before lemonpunch exploded, and I really enjoyed it. The art direction is pretty solid, and the movement felt nice. Would have been nice to have some of the more basic movement stuff like rolling unlocked straight away though. The combat really isn't as terrible as people say it is. It's pretty similar to the first game, there's just more variety in takedowns and attacks. There's only so much you can do to make it look and feel good in this type of game.

Reactions: List

Peter Green

Good People, Good Times
Nebulae
Looking forward to this game, I loved the first Mirror's edge I hope this one is just as good. I really love the art in this game, the city looks really good imo. Pretty hyped if you as kme

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Beta was buggy as shit and had a lot of complaints, I can only hope they rectify them before release.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
is it just me or is this another one in a worrying string of "betas" being released about a month away from final release? seems like a lot of so-called "betas" are just "hey look at our game, woo free publicity" rather than actual betas

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
is it just me or is this another one in a worrying string of "betas" being released about a month away from final release? seems like a lot of so-called "betas" are just "hey look at our game, woo free publicity" rather than actual betas
Yeah I miss the days when they were called demos and they weren't only available for 2 days.

Dunjam

ae
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i have 36 hours on this game used to do those speed runs all the time

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
How far will Catalyst expand the plot of the story? Hope to get some juicy universe expansion.

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
I was lucky enough to get two keys, the other of which I gave to @MrWong. Needless to say, it was fun. Very fun. It felt like mirror's edge and didn't stray too far from the original. Main difference is the storyline and being able to go anywhere you please.

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
This game looks really damn cool, I loved the first Mirrors Edge, so I'm really hoping this will be an improvement to that.

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
This game looks really damn cool, I loved the first Mirrors Edge, so I'm really hoping this will be an improvement to that.
Not much of an improvement in terms of gameplay. Graphics have been boosted though.

Unit SAR-13113

Neutrino
Nebulae
I was really excited for this game, but then I saw the Nerd3's video on it and it looked... well... a bit pooey. Also, there's been some huge debate on whether or not it's a prequel or a sequel, but now there are people calling it a reboot!