Monitor issues

GodOfHate

Neutrino
Nebulae
So.. I've asked around on different sites, including reddit and received no replies at all for an issue i've been having.
I recently bought a new monitor (a GIGABYTE G32QC 32" 165Hz 1440P, 1ms) to replace my old monitor (which was capped at 60hz). Around the same time as this, I also started to overclock my GPU (safely, never exceeded 150ghz Core Clock/50hz Memory)
Maybe about a few weeks after buying this monitor and setting the refresh rate at 165hz, I noticed that when my monitor boots up (usually after waking up from sleep, or pressing the on button), half of the screen is dimmed. Once I turn the screen off and back on again, it seemingly fixes itself and is back to its normal brightness.

I started messing around with a few different settings to see if I could fix it; turning off Freesync, HDR, undo-ing the GPU overclock, but none of this seems to fix the issue I have. It happens at random intervals, sometimes I won't have this issue at all for a week or two, and then theres time it happens literally every time my screen boots back up (usually from restarting or coming back from sleep mode).

Does anyone know if this is because I switched monitors (and refresh rates)? or from Overclocking my GPU? My new monitor uses DP, whereas my old monitor I used DVI-D. Any help at all for a possible fix or any ideas at all would be super helpful. It's not a serious issue, and it's always resolved by turning off/on the monitor again, but it'd be nice not to have to do that at all lol.

Thanks yalls.

Specs are:
Intel Core i7-9700K
16gb RAM
EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER
MSI MPG Z390 gaming plus

spalius

Nucleus
Nebulae
I knew someone that had the same problem. Reinstalling all (by all I mean all) drivers you need on your PC seemed to fix the issue.

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
You sure it's not a sideffect of bumping the refresh rate higher?

Might be worth checking the manufacturer's specifications.

GodOfHate

Neutrino
Nebulae
You sure it's not a sideffect of bumping the refresh rate higher?

Might be worth checking the manufacturer's specifications.

That's something I thought of as well. I'll try and drop it back to 59 or 60 Hz and see if it persists.
Could it be that my old monitor (the DVI-D one), plugged into my Motherboard, and my new monitor (the 165hz, Direct Port cable) goes into the GPU directly?

I knew someone that had the same problem. Reinstalling all (by all I mean all) drivers you need on your PC seemed to fix the issue.

I will try that out and see if that works. Appreciate the responses so far.