Suggestion More Grenades

Nebulae
Suggestion: Add Varied Handgrenades namely Fragmentation ones.

Why it would be worth adding:

Breaks up the monotony of the current basic grenades mainly in that the combine grenades are MK32A's which are an offensive hand grenade meant to be thrown whilst not in cover And there's no threat of shrapnel hitting the thrower or anyone in range. Secondly F1, RDG style hand grenades are incredibly abundant both in our world/timeline in 2023 and would be even more so in the half life universe's the F1 in particular is perfect for booby traps and is used with trip-wire to this day, It's one of the most produced and wide spread handgrenade available thanks to the soviet union and it's satellite states. (Lambda could Possibly be producing them? though the post cold war stock would be so massive that they'd likely not even need to). Frag grenades would allow for a much larger range of damage and would force people into cover lest they get hit by either the blast or the shrapnel produced. These could be instrumental in flanking and hitting large groups which could benefit both rebels fighting combine and zombies/exogen. And Combine fighting entrenched rebels/Zombies/exogen.

Necessary content:

Also I speak for a lot of people on the rebel side when I say Molotovs should be brought back in some fashion.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
i wish grenades felt less bouncy, and more like hl2 grenades - sometimes theyre really unreliable

but yea would love to see molotovs and rgd grenades (also the tt-30)

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
Actual fragmentation physics would be god tier, but this is Gmod and Source engine we are talking about. I doubt it'd be easy to get that kind of stuff in.

Nonetheless, I think we could do with some variety in grenades and throwable weapons

Nebulae
Actual fragmentation physics would be god tier, but this is Gmod and Source engine we are talking about. I doubt it'd be easy to get that kind of stuff in.

Nonetheless, I think we could do with some variety in grenades and throwable weapons
it'll crash the server permanently 100%

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
molotovs are interesting if they weren't laggy

and would rather just fix current grenade's bounciness and give it a buff of some kind (like bypassing armor)

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
molotovs are interesting if they weren't laggy

and would rather just fix current grenade's bounciness and give it a buff of some kind (like bypassing armor)
frag grenade should bypass armour yeah, ww3rp's other explosives (suicide vest, IED) would also be great

you could probably get a decent molotov swep if someone tracked down zak and grabbed his plugin

Nebulae
frag grenade should bypass armour yeah, ww3rp's other explosives (suicide vest, IED) would also be great

you could probably get a decent molotov swep if someone tracked down zak and grabbed his plugin
You could scale certain types of armour to be more resistant to explosives/shrapnel than bullets/pulse. Make players choose between?

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
i wish grenades felt less bouncy, and more like hl2 grenades - sometimes theyre really unreliable

but yea would love to see molotovs and rgd grenades (also the tt-30)
Hl2 grenade physics (albeit realistic or unrealistic as they MIGHT'VE been) felt the most reliable imo

bilack

Electron
Nebulae

I believe armour specifically exists to protect from shrapnel and other projectiles

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I believe armour specifically exists to protect from shrapnel and other projectiles
And I believe that being able to tank point blank explosions is stupid.

Grenades should be a threat, if you can shrug multiple of them off then they don't serve a purpose.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
And I believe that being able to tank point blank explosions is stupid.

Grenades should be a threat, if you can shrug multiple of them off then they don't serve a purpose.
Ah, point blank, obviously you shouldn't be able to tank it off

I was talking about armour protecting you from the shrapnel of grenades from a distance