Serious My experience with WW3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
((NOTE BEFORE YOU READ!!!
My IN CHARACTER actions caused many people to die. My character was a spy who blew himself up and took many others with him. If you want to be a band-wagoner and take the staff's statement that it was just salty rdming to account, be my guest. As long as you heard both sides of the story, that's fine with me.))

I've spent two days on this server, by recommendation of a friend. Little did I know of how blatantly cancerous and hypocritical it would be. It sickens me that a server like this one even dares take the name of 'serious-rp.'

To be completely honest with you I'm convinced over half the server doesn't know what it's like to serious rp. I've roleplayed on multiple serious rp servers over the years. I decided to make two recruits on this server and pretend to be an absolute minge-noob who didn't have a clue about what roleplay was.

After waiting a ridiculous amount of time with no response to my !help request, I was finally given a trainer. She was mind-blowingly inept at spelling and grammar, and tried to school me on what serious RP was. The things she tried to teach me just absolutely contradicted the things mentioned in the serious RP manual that she linked me, the manual that is linked to every recruit. I ended up actually schooling her on how to properly develop a character. And that brings me to one of the most important points in this essay, Character Development. Though before I do that, I should mention that my trainer also excluded many important parts of the training.

Having done some fair bit of minging, I finally decided to get serious. I promptly started up my character, Django Beckett. (Prior to this, the admins and alot of NATO personell had been trolling me as a recruit, giving me silly nicknames and whatnot. Instead of actually training me and telling me I was being a minge, etc, the admins joked around and changed my name to Django 'unchained' freeman. In an actual serious RP server, I would've been reprimanded and promptly trained. Not let 'unchained' like a mad bull left to cause minge havoc.) So. Django Beckett. As a NATO private, I slowly began to notice how grossly undervalued character development is, despite it being the focal point of the Serious RP manual that this server goes by. OOCly, troopers are treated more like bullet sponges rather than growing pawns which can be developed. If you die, you can respawn as if nothing happened. Injury rp, which is hugely important to serious rp development, barely exists.

People take bullets and injuries like if it were nothing and pretend like they're fine when in an IC perspective they should be writhing on the floor. Medical RP, another massive part, is also undermined. One, because barely anyone injury rp's. Two, because most of the medics, from what I've seen, are incompetent one-line rp'ers who just go. "pulls bandage and treats him" or "stabilizes the wounded". That is not medical rp, and it sickens me that the very people who strive to make this server an actual 'serious rp' server think that it does qualify as med rp. I could keep ranting on and on about how brain-breakingly unserious this server is on the NATO side, but I want to get into the more cancerous soviet side. At least NATO side has decent medics.

I made another recruit on the soviet side. Ruprecht Fjor. This time, I was trained almost instantly, and my guide gave me a very satisfactory tour of the base and what to do. He properly explained the difference between physical and asbtract characteristics. I could tell he wanted me to become a good serious roleplayer. For a second I thought the soviet side was much better and that NATO side was the problem in the server. Boy was I wrong. I went out into combat with my guide, we secured a bridge and stuff. But I noticed the exact same problem I mentioned earlier. Characters were being treated as untaintable juggernauts rather than the tools of development that an actual serious rp server would have them be. You can do anything you want because even if you die, you're not forced to injury rp (due to the ignorance of the staff) , and a medic will come right up and "heals trooper" you. It happened again here on the soviet side. About a million other shenanigans which render this server void of any serious rp content also happened, but I won't be bothered to mention them all. By the end of this thread, I hope you all realize how serious the need of revamping and redefining this server is, at least if you want to keep its title as a "serious rp" server.

When we got back to the FOB, I instantly got a promotion, event though I had done absolutely nothing on the battlefied. Literally, that's it. Twenty minutes into my soviet recruit and I was already promoted to Soldier. At that point, I wasn't even surprised. I had already realized what a joke character development was in both sides. Though, it did put a nail in the coffin. It's no wonder there's such a vast amount of incompetent NCO's and higher ups. People aren't given the chance to develop and learn as Juniors and Privates. They're instantly thrown into the realm of command without any previous development or knowdlege, even thoguh they did nothing to deserve the promotion.

Then we went into combat again. Had to sieze and protect a barn full of ammunition. The following scenes of combat were the most cancerous roleplay I had ever participated in. Was it fun and exciting? Yes. Was it a serious rp event? No. It was a cancer rp event. Literal autism in terms of the dogma of roleplay and what serious roleplay is supposed to be. People would die and come back to the field as if nothing had happened to their character. People would get injured and the medics would sit on their asses and do nothing. On the rare occurance that they did, they would simply 'stabilizes injury. her ur good to go.' and people would actually take it. The staff would throw in the most retarded, unrealistic event sequences into it. During the first half of the battle enemy planes and helicopters would fly in and out. During the second half, the previously nonexistant soviet anti air would shoot them down. Where was this anti air during the first half? Did it just magically not exist and now it does? Actually, what about the part where the enemy got completely destroyed but the staff still gave them an a10 to hunt down soviet survivors, despite having been completely routed? As you can probably guess, the damage caused to the soviets by that a10 was then completely mitigated by 'pulls out bandage and heals trooper' rp.

The amount of radioactive cancer that I can mention to you all in order to debunk this shitty realm as serious rp server barely fits into this thread. I have so much more to say, but I won't say it for the sake of not boring the readers any more so that they may actually read all of what actually is included in this.

When the mission was over, my character was sitting critically injured ona platform. Over 6 troopers passed by me, including two medics, and none of them lifted a finger to help me. They left me and some others behind, to the point where our timers ran out. We proceeded to complain about it, and these retarded, incompetent medics then said 'orders are orders we had to go' despite having had 20+ minutes to heal us up. Does typing 'heals trooper with bandage' really take more than 20 minutes?

Back at the fob, they gave us all a promotion. Again. Every single enlisted recieved a promotion, even if all you did was sit on your ass and refuse to do your job as a medic and heal people, you got a promotion. Even if you were afk all event, promotion. Even if you had just logged in. Promotion. Screw development, here's a promotion you unnkown soldier. You're no longer a junior. You're now a fully fledged soldier who was promoted and denied development for no reason.

At this point, I lost it all. I bought a grenade, emoted some things, and Ruprecht screamed "FOR NATO!". I killed about half of the lobby. I was instantly banned afterwards. The fact that I was banned, and that my rp was not acknowledged just goes to show how ignorant the staff are towards actual roleplay and develpment. So what if all those people died? They'll just revive as if nothing had happened anyway, like always. The medics could also just type in 'heals everyone' like always, and done.

I'm done ranting. Just, here are some final things that wouldn't fit into their own paragraph because this shit would be waaayy too long.
  • Radio OOC: Never ever ever in a serious rp community should an IC medium of communication be used for OOC chat. That is why OOC mediums exist. Every other military rp server I've played in has a strict ban on radio ooc. Anything said in the radio oocly is taken icly.
  • Retarded/nonsense events: You can't just say that the bases's anti-air batteries took out a plane, but ten minutes later say that a plane flew by and dropped a bomb, as if that anti-air didn't even exist. I appreciate the fact that the events are actually fun and whatnot, but in serious rp, realisticness and whatnot are actually a thing. This is just one example.
  • Minging: Literally everywhere you look, you will see a minge fucking around with his grappling hook or jumping around. Bored? Try some passive rp. Go play chess with a comrade. In serious rp, minging around like that is supposed to be punishable by warning or kick. I did see some people take it IC and call the minge out IC however, so that's always good. But in all seriousness the staff really needs to step it up if they actually want this to be a serious rp server.
  • other shenanigans.
Feel free to leave a salty reply combatting every single point I made. I'd be glad to argue/debate. Doesn't matter as this thread will mostly likely be deleted and I'll be banned. yeet

Last edited:

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Welcome to the club kiddo. The best this thread can get is locked by roosebud cause WW3RP problem root still lies within the playerbase of nebulous.

Reactions: List

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm more than fine to engage in a civilized discussion about what people think of the server, as long as they realize that noone has the ability to snap their fingers and change a complete state of mind overnight. That, and if said individuals bring more to the table than just 'server is shit xd'.

Feel free to leave a salty reply combatting every single point I made. I'd be glad to argue/debate. Doesn't matter as this thread will mostly likely be deleted and I'll be banned. yeet

However, I'm not inclined to read or debate anything that you write when you feel like mass-rdming players who are having fun is the correct approach, your permaban is well deserved so I guess in the end we did you a favor by removing you from the server?

Welcome to the club kiddo. The best this thread can get is locked by roosebud cause WW3RP problem root still lies within the playerbase of nebulous.

Expanding on the first part of my post (and this does not just apply to you), is that it's getting a little annoying to have people who have expressed their desire to stay away from the server jump on everything related to negativity about WW3RP, without bringing any of the said debatable and valid points.

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
However, I'm not inclined to read or debate anything that you write when you feel like mass-rdming players who are having fun is the correct approach, your permaban is well deserved so I guess in the end we did you a favor by removing you from the server?
Complains about server
RDMs to solve it

steambored

Nebulae
without bringing any of the said debatable and valid points.
Well actually, that's a lie.

quote from combat formation thread.

i mean look at the current state of ww3rp. the fact that roosebud had to implement a stabilization kit due to players unable to rp their own wounds and others wounds correctly forced this to happen. if people cared more about rp than s2king, this wouldnt have happened, instead people on patrol go into this mentality that being killed means you suck at the game, giving a bad impression on others, that being good at s2k means being good considering the nlr, for some odd reason is at 10 minutes, as opposed to before being 30 and 20 minutes. because of the nlr being downed, more makeshift patrols are organized.

regardless, ww3rp cant become an actual military representation, its purely there for s2k. you can shit a fuckton of disagrees and dumb. but you cant shrivel up into your own reality and say that ww3rp hasnt been catering for the s2k'ers from the simple facts that

A. Stabilization kits were implemented
B. NLR has been lowered again(seriously, how much nlr can we lower until it goes to 0?)
C. Nobody acting like a military or even how their faction is meant to be acting(Seriously, the Soviet faction is acting like a washed down version of coalition, has nobody in the NCO/CO section of soviets done any kind of research on how Soviet Union acted to its own citizens and soldiers? everybody is doing a stereotypical russian ww2 charge, but nobody is acting like a soviet union. NATO fucks off for all i know.)

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'm more than fine to engage in a civilized discussion about what people think of the server, as long as they realize that noone has the ability to snap their fingers and change a complete state of mind overnight. That, and if said individuals bring more to the table than just 'server is shit xd'.

Expanding on the first part of my post (and this does not just apply to you), is that it's getting a little annoying to have people who have expressed their desire to stay away from the server jump on everything related to negativity about WW3RP, without bringing any of the said debatable and valid points.
I am not saying people should mass-rdm to solve their complaints. I only did it because I was done with the server. You know what they say, go out with a bang. I'm not at all worried about the ban as I had no intention of returning to the servr unless it actually stepped up its role as a serious rp server, which it isn't.

Complains about server
RDMs to solve it

Other way around. It's
>RDMS because the server is aids
>complains.

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
Other way around. It's
>RDMS because the server is aids
>complains.
This kind of mindset just completely blows your opinion out the water to be honest. It looked like a good, well-structured, thought out argument at first. But then this. It just makes you look like some salty kid behind a computer screen.

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
Also, I'm assuming you didn't read the initial thread because the majority of it is valid points which desperately need to be adressed if you want your server to be a serious rp server. Not 'lmao sevrer is shit' xppp

steambored

Nebulae
This kind of mindset just completely blows your opinion out the water to be honest. It looked like a good, well-structured, thought out argument at first. But then this. It just makes you look like some salty kid behind a computer screen.
i mean when you look at it, most people in ww3rp act like salty kids behind a computer screen.

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
My opinion cannot be blown out of the water as long as the multiple facts that I stated still stand, and they do. Thank you for the compliment, though. But I regret to inform you that I honestly couldn't care less about what the HL2 director thinks about a server he does not pertain to.

Flippy

stoner rp
Nebulae
You know, I started to read your thread but then I was told you Mass RDM'd due to you not liking it, which makes you part of the problem.

So I then stopped reading your thread. If you have a legit problem with the server, we are more than happy to take on feedback and help improve it. But if you're just going to be, and pardon my wording here, a dick and just RDM everyone then I, personally, just wouldn't take you seriously.

Not saying your points may or may not be valid, you just lose credibility when you do something like this.

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
You know, I started to read your thread but then I was told you Mass RDM'd due to you not liking it, which makes you part of the problem.

So I then stopped reading your thread. If you have a legit problem with the server, we are more than happy to take on feedback and help improve it. But if you're just going to be, and pardon my wording here, a dick and just RDM everyone then I, personally, just wouldn't take you seriously.

Not saying your points may or may not be valid, you just lose credibility when you do something like this.
All of my credibility stands behind the solid facts that I provided. I am sorry if you think Rdming takes away from its quality. If you read the thread, you'd know that one of my points was that: The staff treated me as a dickminge instead of taking my actions ICLY. My character was a NATO spy which commited suicide via grenade, taking many others with me. Instead of carrying out the serious rp protocol of taking everything IC, I was banned. Note that I am not complaining about the ban as I had no intention of returning to the server either way, rather just making it a note as to of how this server is really not a serious rp server.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
All of my credibility stands behind the solid facts that I provided. I am sorry if you think Rdming takes away from its quality. If you read the thread, you'd know that one of my points was that: The staff treated me as a dickminge instead of taking my actions ICLY. My character was a NATO spy which commited suicide via grenade, taking many others with me. Instead of carrying out the serious rp protocol of taking everything IC, I was banned. Note that I am not complaining about the ban as I had no intention of returning to the server either way, rather just making it a note as to of how this server is really not a serious rp server.

Of course we're not going to take a new player shouting 'I'm a spy' and bombing everyone standing there as something IC

hey, how about we get on the point and start addressing the really vital issues rather than going back and forth about rdm.

So from what I can gather the issues you and 'the others' list as making ww3rp 'cancer' are:
  • The scripts implemented for stabilisation
  • The NLR being at 10 minutes
  • People being unfamiliar with their faction
Are those all? Because I'm happy to reply, I'm just not feeling having to make several long ass posts if we're going to have this on a bi-weekly basis

ⓅⓊⓅ

Neutrino
Nebulae
Of course we're not going to take a new player shouting 'I'm a spy' and bombing everyone standing there as something IC

So from what I can gather the issues you and 'the others' list as making ww3rp 'cancer' are:
  • The scripts implemented for stabilisation
  • The NLR being at 10 minutes
  • People being unfamiliar with their faction
Are those all? Because I'm happy to reply, I'm just not feeling having to make several long ass posts if we're going to have this on a bi-weekly basis
Please read my initial thread and you'll find all the answers you seek there.

Reinhart

there is no cure to anime
Nebulae
i don't think anyone is really trying to sell WW3RP as a serious rp server anymore anyway, you can't really hold anyone accountable if you step in the server and you get semi-serious rp rather than serious rp because it's just advertised as "rp"

Status
Not open for further replies.