My ping has gotten worse over time of playing.

Jeffreyyyyy

Electron
Nebulae
Eh, well when we were all playing on C8 and other maps, my ping didn't do this. however as i've been trying to play, now my ping goes up to 180, 190, 194, back down again a bit, back to 190's, 80's, seventees. I don't get why that's happening.

FIGHTSONG

Quark
Nebulae
Latency is (roughly) a measure of how fast your computer can communicate with a server. A lot of things can affect that speed, many of which are out of most people's control.

My suggestion is to give https://www.speedtest.net/ a go and see if your ISP is actually delivering the network speeds you pay for. If they aren't, give them a call. It's always possible the network node you're routed through is under performing or being throttled by too many connections being added over time.

Of course, if that is the case there isn't much you can do about it other than wait for your ISP to reroute some of your areas traffic and do a couple things on your end to improve your home network.

Jeffreyyyyy

Electron
Nebulae
thank you sir, i really apprecaite this help
[doublepost=1559004167][/doublepost]What does it mean, where there is an option for multi, or single connections?

FIGHTSONG

Quark
Nebulae
thank you sir, i really apprecaite this help
[doublepost=1559004167][/doublepost]What does it mean, where there is an option for multi, or single connections?
Can you send me a screenshot of what you're talking about?

Jeffreyyyyy

Electron
Nebulae
ohhh, nevermind! I don't think it's a problem, but i still will
[doublepost=1559004303][/doublepost]I cannot I've realized this

FIGHTSONG

Quark
Nebulae
ohhh, nevermind! I don't think it's a problem, but i still will
[doublepost=1559004303][/doublepost]I cannot I've realized this
Nevermind, I see what you're talking about. You'll probably want to run it on multi.