better performance than the two previous maps
barely any semblance to the previous two
pretty ok design

6/10

AdamCF

Proton
Nebulae
good map

a bit big but a lot of that size is optional. you don't need to use up all the space as it's just off to the side, out of the way.
looks nice and I get better performance than a large number of other maps
layout's one of the best I've seen in an HL2RP map. It's better than i17's layout, in my opinion. You'd struggle to fully block any area off due to how many different ways there are to access it, a chunk of them needing IC relations to use (which encourages RP)

the best part of it is the fact that the only way into the loyalist apartments is an elevator with shitty elevator music, so I can just imagine an OTA raid with 4 OTA slowly riding an elevator listening to elevator music, AR2s raised at the door

but good map, 9.6/10

Reactions: List

hawke

Proton
Nebulae
way too big areas for CAB/CCA
strange layout and utterly confusing
better performance than the two previous maps
barely any semblance to the previous two
pretty ok design

6/10
For a map that boasts hyper nationalistic, totalitarian supreme ubermensch mecha-hitler vibes, are we really gonna go after it for giving a larger than needed area for the head fascists to hang their coat?

AdamCF

Proton
Nebulae
it feels more like 1944rp with hl2 themes
It's supposed to be a propaganda city, so that's sorta the point. Looks nice at first, but it's just as run-down and shitty as any other

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
haven’t been able to review it fully

looks good, yeah, no doubt about that

CAB area (and several of its rooms) looks huge for a faction that is essentially a group of like 4 people

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Sewers and the Vort cave are probably the best part. Aesthetically I really like the map as a whole; that's one thing Atle consistently nails.

The slums feel like a death trap and the rest of the map is more or less the same maze that C24 was infamous for but condensed.

The CAB area is also very pretty but much like the WI buildings on the old versions is far too large for such a tiny faction. I'm going to levy that critique at the sewers too specifically because they're not designed to actually be used.

Otherwise put strictly in the context of the community it was made for I genuinely don't know how it will function long term.

AdamCF

Proton
Nebulae
The one thing I can't disagree with is that the CA area is far too large. Although, I also can't see that being much of a problem.
I personally don't feel like the map's a maze. Well, it's more confusing than most, but it's far easier to navigate (at least in the main city) than others I've seen.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
very pretty (reminds me a lot of Dunwall which is very cool)

functionally very stupid and far too spaced out layout

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I do think, from what I’ve seen, that it may suffer from the same problem that the earlier versions did with the RP being to spread out. Compared to something like C8 where it’s very condensed into a few areas that are easy to navigate.

We’ll see

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
I do think, from what I’ve seen, that it may suffer from the same problem that the earlier versions did with the RP being to spread out. Compared to something like C8 where it’s very condensed into a few areas that are easy to navigate.

We’ll see
i would like people to convert well layed out maps like C08 to C24s asethetics

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My main thing I'm seeing right now is the slums are so incredibly badly designed, especially as (again) the sewers are not mean to to actually be used long term.

I've so far seen four ways out in a pinch:
  • A janky-ass elevator in the open that takes 20-30 seconds to come from the bottom. Prime minge bait and easily blocked by a sweep.
  • The trapdoor in the back room of the bar. While the alarm feature is cool it will instantly tell a sweep where people are and that trapdoor won't stay hidden for long. Even if it is people will flock there and die.
  • The vent in the laundry room you need to propclimb to reach. Same issue as above.
  • The series of ladders down by the back of the bar. Probably the best exit but again, I don't see 20-30 rebels all making a dash down them and not dying or being killed. Also you kinda risk death if you go down into the sewers, so.
I'm not counting the options such as "just run into the surrounding RB's" because no armed rebel - or anyone who is wanted - is going to do that and take the risk. If they do they go deeper into the city.

As for what classes as a 'rebel hub' you can literally walk right in from the main street. I don't understand what the intent there was.

And finally unless I am missing something both cops and rebels enter/exit the slums in the same way topside. That seems like a poor design choice if you want your rebels to hang out there.

AdamCF

Proton
Nebulae
And finally unless I am missing something both cops and rebels enter/exit the slums in the same way topside. That seems like a poor design choice if you want your rebels to hang out there.
There are at least four ways into the slums from the surface. Rebels are more expected to hang out in the slums apartments, which offers at least four more ways in/out

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
There are at least four ways into the slums from the surface. Rebels are more expected to hang out in the slums apartments, which offers at least four more ways in/out
That's sort of what I mean - there are no real 'rebel only' ways in except a vent in a store I found. The others are either in full view or will be ways in cops have to use.

I highly doubt any sensible person is gonna risk their character by cramming themselves in a maze of apartments where its super easy to get cornered or trapped, but then again their only real alternative is a big building that's 0.2 feet from the main slum entrance.

AdamCF

Proton
Nebulae
I highly doubt any sensible person is gonna risk their character by cramming themselves in a maze of apartments where its super easy to get cornered or trapped, but then again their only real alternative is a big building that's 0.2 feet from the main slum entrance.
It's always possible to use the underground as a way to transport yourself across the city if you need to, but I do partly agree with this. However, I personally wouldn't take any rebel gear out of the slums, and the slums aren't usually going to patrolled by CPs due to the danger... But yeah, the only real ways in are through pretty public streets or an apartment. But I sort of almost prefer that over how easy it is to get around as a rebel in maps like i17.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
my friends that play impulse refer to it as the nazi map

they have absolutely no link to either neb or willard so i think that’s funny