My Rust Summer 2017

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Like the WW3RP montage series, I made some videos to remember Rust when I played it with friends during the summer.

We built 30 bases in total, largely down to the short lifespan of the server popularity after a wipe. The issues with the game mechanics were evident, but Facepunch were in no rush to correct the problem.

We were always forced to build in high value areas to produce enough firepower to defend ourselves, so it was always a brutal experience fighting the determined players, compared to the Legacy days where you could produce some weapons in a quiet spot and often have friendly encounters for well over a week.

The core of our base design was always the same. It wasn't well defended, but it was simple(easy to build) and spacious with a cosy 2x2 core lootroom. We'd add features to it for weeks until we realised that it took too long to finish, so we went back to the original design to finish it quickly and not spend half the short server lifetime building.

After getting sick of how often the server would die 12 hours after a wipe(just as you finish up your base and get defensive weapons+armor) we gave up playing. Our last stab at the game was an aggressive few days on the Terminus mod where we didn't save any weapons for defense, we just ran around deathmatching.

Facepunch ended up making changes to the mechanics, but I felt that it was too late, and I began to doubt whether they'd even be able to fix it that year. I'd sold my skins and came away feeling sour about all the struggles, the cheating, the griefing, and the huge delay in important patches.

Rust was released on Steam in 2013 and still remains as an early access game.

Reactions: List

Dr.fluffe

Still waiting for ration bomb 2
Nebulae
Anyone else had turret wars in their own base with their friends?

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
Like the WW3RP montage series, I made some videos to remember Rust when I played it with friends during the summer.

We built 30 bases in total, largely down to the short lifespan of the server popularity after a wipe. The issues with the game mechanics were evident, but Facepunch were in no rush to correct the problem.

We were always forced to build in high value areas to produce enough firepower to defend ourselves, so it was always a brutal experience fighting the determined players, compared to the Legacy days where you could produce some weapons in a quiet spot and often have friendly encounters for well over a week.

The core of our base design was always the same. It wasn't well defended, but it was simple(easy to build) and spacious with a cosy 2x2 core lootroom. We'd add features to it for weeks until we realised that it took too long to finish, so we went back to the original design to finish it quickly and not spend half the short server lifetime building.

After getting sick of how often the server would die 12 hours after a wipe(just as you finish up your base and get defensive weapons+armor) we gave up playing. Our last stab at the game was an aggressive few days on the Terminus mod where we didn't save any weapons for defense, we just ran around deathmatching.

Facepunch ended up making changes to the mechanics, but I felt that it was too late, and I began to doubt whether they'd even be able to fix it that year. I'd sold my skins and came away feeling sour about all the struggles, the cheating, the griefing, and the huge delay in important patches.

Rust was released on Steam in 2013 and still remains as an early access game.

I should really get back into Rust considering how much of a blast it is with friends.

Unfortunately I can't be asked to install it.

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
I should really get back into Rust considering how much of a blast it is with friends.

Unfortunately I can't be asked to install it.
I've heard good things about it lately. I might get back into it at some point.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
always wanted to get into rust but none of my friends play it so i never have the chance

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
battle royal mode is shit but minus that the game is fun

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae