News nebulous - end of year reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Seasons greetings everybody. Been a while since I wrote something this long winded so bear with me.

Come April next year, nebulous will have been around for Five years. Half a decade.

Half a decade of shit memes, laughs, friendships, and so much more.

Recently I’ve found myself thinking a lot about nebulous as a whole. What it means to even be a community in the first place, what impact this place has had on people over the years. Positive, negative - pleasant or unpleasant. The more some people leave the community and never come back, the more some people always seem to stick with it, through thick and thin.

When the pandemic was really starting to kick off, anxiety was skyrocketing and people were on the verge of panic. The fact the community was still around for it, is something I’m honestly ecstatic about, maybe even a little proud. The fact we had our own little corner of the internet all to ourselves to just talk shit, have a laugh and remain connected with people going through the same thing just blows my mind. Many of us lead very different lives; school, uni, jobs, hobbies, family and yet we all somehow keep finding ourselves here on this very forum.

I know It can be really easy to get bogged down in negativity and resentment. I’ve been there a few times over the years and while this year hasn’t been an exception by any stretch, this year has been the one I am most grateful for neb's continued existance. I'd also like to say I’m happy that It’s been nice to make amends with a few people and see them back in the community. Some people might be intent on burning bridges, over trivial bullshit but in the end I’m happy I’ve made some truly great friends here, and I hope some of you feel the same way.

Nostalgia is something I also think about a lot in relation to the community and the gamemodes we’ve hosted, namely HL2RP. Positive nostalgia is what I most commonly see and while sometimes I’ll sometimes dismiss it in discussions about server matters, I don’t want people to think that I don’t value their positive memories and experiences of the server. If anything, that nostalgia even existing in the first place is a testament to the work we’ve all put in. It makes it all worth it if you ask me.

At risk of sounding like a broken record, I’d like to say one more time that I'm very grateful that nebulous lasted to see yet another Christmas and to ring in 2021. It’s one of my favourite times to be around the community; the little traditions we have like the ms paint avatars, game giveaways, contests and so on. It brings me a lot of joy. I’m grateful for everyone that’s helped me personally over the years, and this year especially.

Most importantly, I’m grateful nebulous has been what it always strived to be; a community. All of us made it what it is today, and all of us continue to make it what we want it to be. Every day.

To our players, forum goers, staff members, developers, premium members, media developers, forum lurkers and our friends at other communities.

To those who’ve been here since day one and those just recently joining us and everyone else between:

I dedicate this thread to you.

Thank you & Happy New Year!

2IIL308mV_EG7HlDK0i92t1fh93a2vxbT0rmbKzxSjrqg2-Gg2cJl7cTdlfXIGE6hB1Bkf3Kgyhrh68RT9EooTKS-rzcSRYBJDXIwXPFrJyLKxklApfg-gg9jWXHN0Y5u9kHGrvR

D

Deleted member 7099

in one year i went from getting banned twice on accident to being a media dev, event maker and admin

Thanks to much to the neb fellas! you're all great pals and inspirations :D

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
It’s one of my favourite times to be around the community; the little traditions we have like the ms paint avatars,

it's been a great year boys and cringe as it is, im glad i was here to take part in some of the most memorable shit i've ever done in a video game

heres to another, hopefully reality is a bit better next year x

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I went from a retard to a professional retard, jokes aside, it was a good year for me on nebulous, finally made some characters I'm actually proud of.

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.