Need help with choosing parts for a new PC

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I currently play on a shitty ass laptop with like 10-15 fps and ive gotten used to it but I want to actually experience this gamemode without it looking like a powerpoint presentation, would you recommend a good processor and graphics card? Doesnt have to be overkill, 60 fps would do fine

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
a 1060 will run hl2rp at 80-100fps average if you have gmod_mat_core set to '1'
idk who you're asking but it doesnt

also a 1060 doesn't matter - gmod_mcore_test doesn't actually do anything to the gpu, it enables gmod to use more of your CPU cores

gmod is not really dependant on gpu performance, 90% of the time the bottleneck is in your CPU, since there's nothing intensive graphically, but there's tons of entities, which rely on a good cpu to load

either way dont base your build around gmod hl2rp lmao

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
idk who you're asking but it doesnt

also a 1060 doesn't matter - gmod_mcore_test doesn't actually do anything to the gpu, it enables gmod to use more of your CPU cores

gmod is not really dependant on gpu performance, 90% of the time the bottleneck is in your CPU, since there's nothing intensive graphically, but there's tons of entities, which rely on a good cpu to load

either way dont base your build around gmod hl2rp lmao
Im not really basing it around hl2rp just wanted to know of a good cpu that can actually run the gamemode at more than 20 fps for me

D

Deleted member 6062

Im not really basing it around hl2rp just wanted to know of a good cpu that can actually run the gamemode at more than 20 fps for me
well my game gets a solid 80-100fps at 1080p with max settings and i have an i7 7700k paired with a 1060 but hl2rp wasn't what i had in mind when i was choosing parts for the system

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
ya then pick up a 1600 and just OC it to 3.7ghz (got mine running at a solid 3.9 boosting to 4ghz w/ the stock cooler, no throttling so far)

ripoff processor bro, u could've just nabbed urself a ryzen 5 - 7 and spent the rest on upgrading the gpu to a 1070 ti

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
ya then pick up a 1600 and just OC it to 3.7ghz (got mine running at a solid 3.9 boosting to 4ghz w/ the stock cooler, no throttling so far)

ripoff processor bro, u could've just nabbed urself a ryzen 5 - 7 and spent the rest on upgrading the gpu to a 1070 ti
I'm shit with computers so I'll have to lok up how to overclock and stuff but thanks for the advce again

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm shit with computers so I'll have to lok up how to overclock and stuff but thanks for the advce again
just dont use the inbuilt ryzen master as its a bit cock

DertyMike™

Proton
Nebulae
Garry's Mod isn't exactly super extensive, honestly fix your budget to your game style. Personally, I'd suggest that it's always better to go a little extra than too little.