Suggestion new rebel suit/blacksuit replacement

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
Suggestion: title, add the following as a new suit/replace it with the current non-trenchcoated version of the blacksuit
Why it would be worth adding: blacksuits are ugly and outdated, this on the other hand has 3 camouflage variants and an extensive selection of bodygroups (see pictures below)
Necessary content:
644C04329D1F53AB6EFCE7D1888CBE3D8819B63E

E497E18386E49F83508ABE7FA1246653E814C4FB

'Partisan's Harness'

A combat uniform hastily crafted from pre-war military gear. Despite being relatively outdated, it still holds up quite decently. Comes with a balaclava.

give him 110 armor maybe

THIS IS ONLY A PLACEHOLDER SUGGESTION. NUMBERS CAN NAME IT W/E HE WANTS WITH WHATEVER STATS IF IT GETS ACCEPTED

EDIT:

@TedHatty suggested this:

looks decent, could be paired up with items ingame and look very nice

we also found:

(nevermind not an npc)

all of these look decent, have good BG variability too

Last edited:

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
If you're going to use army-related clothing, isn't it better to use your average grunt equipment instead of spec ops?

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
Think we can find any half life themed replacements as alternatives?
I've found some versions in the SMOD addon:

Screenshot_5.png

but I'm very doubtful these would get considered due to how closely they resemble the Proselytes. The Combine symbolisms can be bodygrouped off, but it's still prone to abuse. (unless we get a modeler that can completely edit off combine symbols)

There's also the question of femchars having these playermodels, which, again, would require a modeler to create a female variant.

If you're going to use army-related clothing, isn't it better to use your average grunt equipment instead of spec ops?
We already have military-themed items (russian airforce helmet, operator helmet etc) but they're seldom seen in usage and are rare in their own rights, it wouldn't hurt to add some more honestly

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
We already have military-themed items (russian airforce helmet, operator helmet etc) but they're seldom seen in usage and are rare in their own rights, it wouldn't hurt to add some more honestly

Yeah what I mean is, instead of spec ops gear which is rare, common grunt stuff, military overalls, plate carriers/chest rigs, etc

Less high-spec stuff and more mass-produced stuff

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I hate the suggested models, but I do think rebels need more variety

The whole point of rebels is that they can display individualistic flair as apposed to the combine (who are forced in uniform). But the blacksuit becomes the standard due to stats to cost. Have multiple style of suits (with bodygroups) at the same stat level. PLEASE

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I mean I could try to make some new textures for the blacksuit but I dunno how to make models/bodygroup stuff

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
lol you don't need to remove blackouts they aren't bad you just need to add more armour that rivals blacksuits stat wise so people WANT to use something outside of the blacksuit

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
people don't wanna use anything but blacksuits tbh theyre accustomed to it and a lot of people obviously like their design

some dont tho, and an alternative for them would be nice, but i dont think this is the one

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
people don't wanna use anything but blacksuits tbh theyre accustomed to it and a lot of people obviously like their design

some dont tho, and an alternative for them would be nice, but i dont think this is the one
Same shit stat wise, just different look. Same amount of mats to craft, same armor and all that shit. But let people have variants because I hate going on a sweep to only see 10 blacksuits because it's 'optimal'.

(I like seeing different uniforms in combat, like femchar medic with welder mask. White winter coat gas mask guy or the funny Payday 2 Bank Robber)

Reactions: List

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Same shit stat wise, just different look. Same amount of mats to craft, same armor and all that shit. But let people have variants because I hate going on a sweep to only see 10 blacksuits because it's 'optimal'.

(I like seeing different uniforms in combat, like femchar medic with welder mask. White winter coat gas mask guy or the funny Payday 2 Bank Robber)
when u have a blacksuit, literally EVERY rebel texture works on it

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
wow if only we had models that had urban insurgents using surplus and stolen equipment as their kit as a result of having to improvise
Rebels_tunnel.jpg

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
JUST APPLY THE REBEL TEXTURES TO BLACKSUIT AND YOU WILL LOOK LIKE A REBEL WEARING A GASMASK ITS REALLY EASY FOLKS
the textures are a nice touch true, but tbh they dont really change the main issue with the models and thats being the incognito almost npc-likeness to everyone who wears them

everyone looks the same with these models and their is no diversity to them - the easiest fix to our problem is to balance out armor scaling in order to promote variety

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the textures are a nice touch true, but tbh they dont really change the main issue with the models and thats being the incognito almost npc-likeness to everyone who wears them

everyone looks the same with these models and their is no diversity to them - the easiest fix to our problem is to balance out armor scaling in order to promote variety
diversity via textures