Nikodim Voronov

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Applications' started by big chungus, Jun 17, 2020.

1. big chungus

big chungus Electron

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Name: Big Chungus (Afran)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:204808105

Timezone: United Kingdom

How is your activity? / How would you rate your interest in Stasiland?: I've tried out the server a few times since launch but haven't been able to stick to it mostly due to the playercount and my own technical issues (now sorted), but with the gamemode now being reformed and revived my interest has been recaptured and I plan on maintaining a reasonable amount of activity on the server. Besides that I have been interested in the concept itself since I first discovered it during development and with the new changes it has only increased.

Any previous infractions at the community? If so, can you explain?: I believe I have built up a fairly extensive admin record since the launch of the community, however I was much younger and immature. I'd now consider myself a reformed player and have not received any infractions in recent times. I'm happy to further discuss and go into more detail about this if need be.

Previous WW3RP / RP experience: I've been playing the gamemode on and off since the start of the Korean campaign during the lemonpunch days, the one that took place after panama I believe. (Can't remember exact dates) I have years of roleplay experience both in and outside of neb so I am very familiar with all aspects of RP, although I am always still improving on certain skills such as grammar and writing.

How familiar are you with the Soviet Union (ideology, history etc.)?: I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the topic, especially compared to some of the other people in the community however I'd still say I have an above average amount of knowledge and understanding of it. It's an area of history I am very much interested in and I feel confident in my ability to properly roleplay a character of Russian origin that was raised in the USSR during the 1970-80's, as well as most additional knowledge required to play a soldier of the Soviet Armed Forces.

Are you aware of the new concept? What are some of the differences between this iteration of WW3RP and the old one?: Well the concept was founded with the idea of transforming it into more of a city rp server but with its own unique twist and setting that also incorporated the old lore. It was also designed to try and resolve many of the issues that plagued the previous illiterations, as we all know the concept is now changing in some ways in order for it to go back to its roots with a faction vs faction gameplay dynamic. However the key difference that still remains between both versions is Stasilands large focus on providing a more roleplay orientated experience with the old s2k mindset many people had being harshly condemned. As well as that the factions are now whitelisted so that a high standard of quality can be properly maintained and civilians are still kept on as a large part of the server.

What do you think this faction will be doing on the server?: Now that NATO forces are attempting to take back soviet occupied Europe, I imagine the factions purpose will massively shift toward trying to defend its territory by halting the invasion. This will mean that they are going to be engaging in a lot more conventional warfare but will still have to juggle with the threat of rebel militia groups also trying to take power using guerrilla tactics. Besides all that I'm sure there will still be plenty of downtime where faction members will be doing the more mundane tasks whilst engaging in some meaningful passive roleplay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "I never met my grandfather, but that doesn’t stop my father from giving drunken speeches about him. I’ve heard the stories countless times, how he was too much of a coward to face the fascist scum at Stalingrad and deserted his brothers in arms to hide at the rear of the battle like a child. By some miracle he managed to dodge a firing squad that day and was instead sent to a mining labour camp where they were building a new industrial town nearby to their village. He tells me about how he used to climb onto the old water tower and observe the prison, looking for his father at the start and end of every work day until one morning where he didn’t show and was never seen again. To this day my father is certain that this put a curse on our family, so that generation after generation the Voronov’s will be damned to rot in the hellish town of Norilsk.

Norilsk, where the rain burns your skin and the air tries to suffocate you. A city built by slaves in the middle of a frozen wasteland where the winter hides the sun, cut off from the rest of civilization in almost every way besides the rail wagons packed with precious metals. It’s no place for people to live and yet we do, even if it kills us. My mother never set foot in the metallurgic plant, but its toxic shadow was still enough to take her from me. Meanwhile my father worked there everyday of his life and still stands as strong as a bear, it’s funny how life plays out like that sometimes. I was only young at the time, but still old enough to start labour at one of the logging camps on the outskirts of town, working there almost makes me glad of how the pollution is killing the trees. Everyday I spend in this place the more I grow determined to prove my father and his superstitions wrong, I won’t stay on the same path he took with his life.

At night I have dreams of becoming a soldier, returning from war as a hero of the Soviet Union like my grandfather never could have. I’d get issued a nice home in Moscow and would spend the rest of my days as an officer, meeting with important people and discussing important matters over a drink of premium vodka. But these are only the simple dreams of a simple man, who knows what will happen."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WeakenedHen5

WeakenedHen5 Molecule
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Accepted as rifleman, very high quality application me and Generic both enjoyed reading it.

Senior Soldier, check the roster for your callsign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice