No more making fun of trannies in Canada

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
So, I just heard on the radio at work that Canadian Parliament is working on passing a bill to add transsexuals to the protected groups of people, alongside race, sexuality, political views, religion, and gender, leaving fat people as one of the only remaining groups who can be discriminated against, but to be honest fat jokes are boring. Canada is one of the most socially progressive country's in the world. We treat our Natives like people, one of the best medical coverage in the world (if you ignore the time it takes to use it and we're pretty polite.

So, what would define hate speech against Transgenders? Would stating there are only two genders be considered hate speech? Does suggesting that transsexuals will burn in Hell be considered hate speech? Do any of your countries have similar laws?

I worry about getting a hot waitress who turns out to be a man, which leads to internal conflict and confusion. I don't really care about transsexuals because the few I've met seem to have something mentally wrong with them and spew irrational vegan/LGBT/environmental shit, which I don't care about as they're not in my realm of interest.

York

Electron
Nebulae
I'd never go out of my way to make fun of a transgendered person, I'm cool with whatever, but if you walk up to me and tell me you're a gender-void pyrofox airplane demi-queer and that I'm a nazi for eating beef I'm going to avoid you like a fucking pox

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
hate speech imo is speech meant to demean or inspire violence against a certain demographic. that sort of stuff should be outlawed, but anything beyond that really doesn't classify as 'hate speech' imo.

saying that trannies will burn in hell or that there are only two genders.. i personally don't agree much with those two statements, but to each is own. people should be allowed to voice their own opinions - no matter how ignorant they may be - so long as the person isn't trying to inspire violence or demean another group of people.

and i mean, yeah, i'm cool with trans people. i'm not ready to judge based on predispositions like that.

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
I hate our fucking country

does this mean I can identify as a female to get into women's prison and not get denied?

Reactions: List

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
that's not transgender tho
the bill applies to gender identity too

CBC News said:
"I'm proud to say that moments ago, I introduced legislation, Bill C-16 ... that would ensure that Canadians will be free to identify themselves and to express their gender as they wish while being protected against discrimination and hate," said Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould adding that, "because as Canadians, we should feel free and safe to be ourselves."
The Globe and Mail said:
Timing the announcement to coincide with the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, the proposed legislation would add “gender identity” and “gender expression” as prohibited grounds of discrimination to the Canadian Human Rights Act
great way to address non issues Trudeau you fucking cuck

Last edited:

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
the bill applies to gender identity too
asas what

like i said, i'm not ready to judge, but a guy who says he identifies as a woman.. kinda kills off my brain cells a bit.

like, you can identify as whatever the fuck you want. shit, i could identify as a passenger 747, but that doesn't mean lax is gonna let me roam the runways and make airplane noises.

wired

Artwork Requests
Nebulae
asas what

like i said, i'm not ready to judge, but a guy who says he identifies as a woman.. kinda kills off my brain cells a bit.

like, you can identify as whatever the fuck you want. shit, i could identify as a passenger 747, but that doesn't mean lax is gonna let me roam the runways and make airplane noises.
well according to the new bill, I can't discriminate upon what you identify as, and thus you must be treated as such

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
I'd never go out of my way to make fun of a transgendered person, I'm cool with whatever, but if you walk up to me and tell me you're a gender-void pyrofox airplane demi-queer and that I'm a nazi for eating beef I'm going to avoid you like a fucking pox
i like the law that our public schools now cater to the very small demographic of transgender students.
if you say your a female york, you can slide right into those female locker rooms.
just be a lesbian as well, even more brownie points in the eyes of the feminists.
get some nice pussy and get praised as a hero for taking this 'heroic step'.
ez win win situation

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
honestly when the nukes drop when donald trump wins none of this shit is going to matter anyways
if we are lucky, only two nukes are sent out. one to russia which gives russia only one chance at launching a nuke from siberia to the west coast and wipes California off the map
stop this world from transcending into this crazy MUST BE POLITICALLY CORRECT EVEN THOUGH MORE ARE INCONVENIENCED BY CATERING TO LESS THAN ONE PERCENT OF THE POPULATION bullshit

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
if we are lucky, only two nukes are sent out. one to russia which gives russia only one chance at launching a nuke from siberia to the west coast and wipes California off the map
stop this world from transcending into this crazy MUST BE POLITICALLY CORRECT EVEN THOUGH MORE ARE INCONVENIENCED BY CATERING TO LESS THAN ONE PERCENT OF THE POPULATION bullshit
it's okay

since i can be an airplane in canada i can intercept the nukes before they even hit

nyeeeerrroooowwwmmm

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
it's okay

since i can be an airplane in canada i can intercept the nukes before they even hit

nyeeeerrroooowwwmmm
if we are lucky, all the furrys will migrate to Canada and spare rest of the world...
some one needs to be the containment zone.

Neszy

some type of bird
Nebulae
Why does this require legislation in the first place? Hasn't open discrimination and "hate speech" always been punishable by like, other laws? I guarantee that the UK's gonna slide the exact same way soon, pretty sure all of our "major" politicians are anti-Trump - his right-wing antics will always illicit a further left-wing response, pandering to SJWs et al.

Daily reminder that gender dysphoria is a treatable mental illness and doing shit like this is like giving beer to an alcoholic.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Daily reminder that gender dysphoria is a treatable mental illness and doing shit like this is like giving beer to an alcoholic.
i agree
i don't see black people going around saying they are white and vice versa.
now if a person really wants to say they are another gender what ever, than they can do that, but in the eyes of the law, they should be treated as the gender they are born as.
why should the other 99 percent of the population let transgenders into their bathrooms when the transgenders are the ones making the fuss in the first place???
i personally don't give a fuck about social bathroom bullshit, cause i don't have social decency(you literally drop a duce in the room and go) but evidently there are a ton of people who do, a ton more people than there are transgender

only exception to this is with surgery obviously if you are born with fucked up genitalia and need to get it fixed, then obviously you need to choose cause you will be stuck in a perpetual limbo of torture.