Not being able to join the servers

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
So I attempted to join the new Experiment server about two days ago and It didn't let me since it kept saying "Failed to connect after 6 retries" Or something along those lines, after that I had some IRL stuff to do and two days later it's doing the same thing on the HL2rp server. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried to verify the game cache and disable and enable all of my addons and I can't seem to fix this.

Peter Green

Good People, Good Times
Nebulae
I have the same issue. What I do is right click on someone on my friends list and click join game BEFORE launching gmod. Else I need to wait a couple minutes in the main menu then I can finally refresh the server list.

Reactions: List

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
I have the same issue. What I do is right click on someone on my friends list and click join game BEFORE launching gmod. Else I need to wait a couple minutes in the main menu then I can finally refresh the server list.
Sadly doesn't work Tried joining game and it didn't work just said "Failed to connect after 6 retries" or the same thing as it did before maybe I'm doing something wrong?

CuzImWeenie

Proton
Nebulae
So I attempted to join the new Experiment server about two days ago and It didn't let me since it kept saying "Failed to connect after 6 retries" Or something along those lines, after that I had some IRL stuff to do and two days later it's doing the same thing on the HL2rp server. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried to verify the game cache and disable and enable all of my addons and I can't seem to fix this.
Now are you sure it said 6 retries and not 4, If so then I simply can't find a solution for your problem

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
INFO THAT MAY BE USEFUL: I've tried to join a couple of other servers and some work and some don't

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
INFO THAT MAY BE USEFUL 2: It seems it doesn't work for the servers who don't have a custom picture thingy when joining a server

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Somebody please find a fix for this guy, he's constantly been looking for a fix.

I feel he's gonna die if he does not get his RP

Dean

That Northern-English guy
Nebulae
Right I don't know what the problem is here but here are a few things I would try if you haven't already:
  • Make sure you have the content pack for Experiment (May be obvious but sometimes its the little things)
  • Try uninstalling some addons. Sometimes too many addons can cause these problems.
  • Maybe try running Gmod as an Administrator (Right click the shortcut and click "run as administrator"
  • One time I had a disc in the disctray of my PC and my computer was constantly scanning this disc therefor my CPU was always in constant use. I took the disk out and I found that things ran much better including the joining of servers.