Accepted Nurse. Caitlyn 'River' Pond PK appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by Husky, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husky

Husky Wrote the official gay agenda for George Soros
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: Husky
    Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:60533443

Character Name: Nurse. Caitlyn 'River' Pond
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Braňo♥

What Led To Your Character's Death?:
    Rundown of events
    >Vurr, Cait and Ari getted ratted out by Mike Coburn
    >Mike Coburn is subsequently PK'd for ratting them out.
    >Ari is taken in on the word of Mike
    >Ari is interrogated
    >Ari is released
    >Another informant rats on Ari, Ari is sent to a labour camp.
    >River makes communication with the Destrade to negotiate her release.
    >Negotiations going well, no information about actual rebels is given, no information regarding rebel activity is given, they only meet once, which was about Adam (@Frede) Recognising Cait as a rebel and reporting her
    >A lot of the negotiations are strictly confidential for OOC reasons, however the long and short is that it involved trading one thing for another, no information was being given away by Cait and no items of the ELA or other groups not involved were being given away, it did not concern other rebels in the slightest and would not lead to their harm coming about.
    >River knows @Reggie suspects her of being a spy, says why she was brought in for that interrogation, said she didn't say anything.
    >Rebels know Cait made contact
    >Rebels interrogate her
    >Rebels decide to PK her with very little evidence
    >I get put into a bag and thrown off the pier.

>Cait was PK'd purely on word of mouth without any actual evidence to back up she was in fact an informant, besides what other people have said and maybe what was said in the logs below, however she wasn't an informant, so it doesn't really hold up.

Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?:
    I wasn't an informant, which is what they PK'd me for, I haven't given information to CAB about anyone, the only person I did was Chris Colarone, and that was voided subsequent to the PK appeal, which @OneClassyBanana agree'd to voiding my words on him as it was part of the PK appeals terms that no followup would be issued, and all parties involved in that felt it was needed to be voided and left at that.

Date Of Occurrence: 20/10/2019 15:00-16:00 BST.
    Evidence:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Other Players Involved: @Corey @Butcher Pete @GenericPlayer @Reggie @Chezburger @ChronosPLAYA @Ammo Man
    Any Other Details:
    On the PK rules it states the following, for how my character could feasibly have been PK'd under:
    • Being caught reporting Resistance activity to Union Forces
    I didn't report anything to the Union forces, end of story, they never got any information out of Cait and I specifically and adamantly stated to @OneClassyBanana that Cait wouldn't tell Destrade anything, which he agreed to as part of the terms of the agreement.
    • Directly threatening to kill another character or being killed while attacking someone
    Details of this one sent to @Numbers
    • Being a collaborator known for actively aiding in the capture or death of dissidents.
    N/A, didn't aid in the capture or death of dissidents, and any actions I took with CAB were incredibly brief and only related to one topic not concerning other rebels.
    • Criteria specific to player made conflict: (E.g Ongoing feuds, group wars etc)
    This could be counted as an ELA-Cait feud, but even then over what? Word of mouth? And even then this is a bit of a stretch.
    • Criteria specific to certain IC occupations: (E.g Being a ‘hitman’)
    There isn't really a whole lot to say here, it wasn't so much an occupation as more a brief action she took to exchange one thing for another - neither of which put anyone at harm.

If this PK appeal needs to be taken to a PM, which I'm fairly certain it does, then let me know who I should/shouldn't involve.

#1 Husky, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Corey

Corey not in the house

Nebulae:
    I think the main reason we came to the conclusion to kill you is because your story was just all over the place, and had so many holes in it.

Therefore, we believed that everything you were saying was a lie. Originally we planned on simply interrogating you because people had came up to us saying you were a Union Spy.

3. Husky

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Even then, that isn't a grounds to PK someone, they do actually have to be an informant for you to PK them, otherwise it's just an NLR, otherwise anyone could say exactly the same thing that someone else is an informant and it could just spiral from that, you accuse anyone of going topside of being an informant and say 'you got interrogated, therefor you're a spy.' which makes no sense - rebels who get ratted get questioned all the time and they're not spies, take @aeromantis for example, he was asked to be a spy after being catched and refused and they didn't PK him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

• nebulous nebulous x 9
  5. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I'm gonna be real, reading those logs @Corey makes it sound like half of it was whoever was interrogating Pond making false assumptions to fill in the blanks (like "they'd have killed you if you were deaf" which isn't how it works or has worked since early CW) and twisting it into something worse than it looked just because there was no planet she was ever going to be given mercy when she was suspected as being a spy (to say nothing of taking the frequency IC).

Its very hard to put together the full story when people have already made their minds up, nevermind the fact nobody sane is going to admit they had any sort of contact with CAB, especially not after being dragged in by them. What're the alternatives? Death, either for being declared a rat or from CAB themselves? By that logic Rossi should have been dead for having meetings and getting buddy-buddy, or certain people should have long-since been shot for having contact with CAB.

This reads pretty much like a reverse-CP interrogation.

"Are you a spy?"
    "No."
    "Did you give info?"
    "No."
    "But you are a spy?"
    "No."
    "I think you are a spy."

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  6. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Went to greece a jew came as a homophobic racist

Nebulae:
    I'd wait for the big boys to just answer as I understand it there is more too it then what Huskey overheard, I ain't involved that much besides being told she's a spy and to capture or kill her under circumstance which I did capture so until they answer I'd recommend the defendant and @Rabid not to say much until the full story is presented

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  7. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I'm not related to the appeal in any way but deaf people definetly get killed
    Can't exactly lip-read CPs' words, can you

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    So long as they can work and follow orders (which is usually done via reading gestures, as most cops visually gesture with batons or their hands to the wall for a search, or whatever) then its fine. Thats always been the case.

Otherwise they do what Pond did to communicate if needed, which was notepad and pen for stuff like full discussions.

Also she has hearing-aids now, so.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  9. Husky

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Which can't be said for private reasons, but I've given key info that can't be disputes as it's factual that they would have no way of knowing about the agreement being made to Numbers, who's managing PK's atm.

I imagine Zoya Novak @Ammo Man and Vroom @Reggie mentioned her contacting them, which didn't really do much, nor did she give info.

Looking at what she did say to Destrade, I'm not kidding when these are actual quotes of what she said:
    "Proselyte's aren't shit compared to me."
    "I think a free lollipop at the end of every re-ed would signifficantly improve Combine PR."

Nothing of any real substance was said and without going into to much, it's nothing that you'd get shot for.

No they don't, this has been excessively covered.
    https://nebulous.cloud/threads/character-authorizations-open.3686/

10. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Yeah I tell the citizen to turn around while behind him and what happens next?
    That Union isn't aware of, apparently?
    Pretty sure what you posted refers to simply characters having auths to have a disability, not their existence under Overwatch

Refer to this as an example:

C08:30.DEFENDER-3 whispers on tac: "<:: Disp, reporting subject as possibly physically unfit. Unable to hear, requesting advice. ::>"
    C08:RL.UNION-4 radios on tac: "<:: Amputate. ::>"
    Dispatch radios on command: "<:: AirWatch reports possible miscount. ::>"
    Dispatch radios on command: "<:: Amputate. ::>"

Y'know what it's easier to just tag the HCs, let them clear it instead @axido @Foxar

11. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    what happened to letting people with minor disabilities live

figured that only people with missing limbs are killed because they can't work

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  12. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    You go over and turn them around? I imagine it'd quickly become apparent that they're deaf and you go from there.

Why would you kill a worker who is fully capable of work? Hell, I've had cops work with my character who couldn't speak a lick of English and that was fine.

13. axid

axid whatttttttt

Nebulae:
    i don't know anymore

best you just tag quill or whoever wrote that

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  14. Husky

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Well then that person should be un-PK'd, just because you wrongfully PK another person doesn't mean that it's automatically a PK'able offense - deaf people and blind people are allowed, I know that @Greaser currently has a blind character that's had surgeries and is now only semi-blind.

No, the union is not aware that River had synthetic skin put in her ear with hearing aids attached to her skull from Tel'Vurr, so if she were to be caught with them, she'd have to explain how she got them - Destrade has however heard her voice, as with the CPs, and the CPs may now know she isn't deaf as she was able to hear them.

River went to the city once while deaf, and that was when she first arrived, the CP told her 'You need someone with you at all times, find a friend. Astrid, you stick with her.' (And that's how my loyalist deaf char became a rebel).

I have been to CPs before and RP'd not being able to hear them very well for about a month after the surgery, and even then that was one occasion, in which she just took out her earbuds and leaned her head to the CP quite closely and asked him to repeat, at which point he just gave up.

15. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Inability to comply with any of Overwatch forces (CPs, OTA and Proselytes all wear masks) isn't a minor disability, it's a pretty big one
    Blind people can still hear them
    Mute people can use other methods of communication but can still hear them and thus comply with their orders
    Why would CPs be expected to put in extra effort just to get attention of somebody they'll never be able to properly communicate with
    You expect a cop to pull out a notepad or what? Not worth the effort
    Because he's a massive hassle to Overwatch forces to deal with
    If after fourteen years of living under the Union you still can't speak English then you're either a miscount (as in, lived outside of a city) or mentally unfit

Being blind isn't as severe, refer to what I wrote above
    Nah I know it's not exactly relevant to your appeal, but just want to correct misinformation
    Fair
    @Blackquill

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Chezburger

Chezburger american idiot
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    not for long itll change soon

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I wrote it back in 2016 (it even says so at the top LOL), with BQ and the Then-HC's permission and its always generally gone smoothly.

They aren't getting into whitelists and such or be trusted with Union equipment but if they can work there's no reason to off them. For deaf people? Most questions and basic stuff is done via gestures (wall, etc etc) and the rest if they get taken in for questioning can be done via writing.

18. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Went to greece a jew came as a homophobic racist

Nebulae:
    HOW ABOUT WE FOCUS ON THE APPEAL ITSELF AND NOT ON THE DISABLED? THANKS

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  19. Husky

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    and when she did communicate with CPs the CPs didn't mind either writing or telling someone else to talk to her, she can also tap her arm to speak in Morse Code to a CP.

Then that's up to them, as it's mentioned, visually or auditorially impaired people are considered lower then biotics, they're the scum of the earth and the very bottom of the barrel for Overwatch.

She's 21, meaning she was in a camp since she was 6 years old - where she learned to read lips, speak British Sign Language and Morse code in an effort to survive, since ICly the camps are essentially hell let loose with only minor conscript overwatch, obviously people like that could easily be overlooked by Conscripts who don't want to shoot toddlers.

I mean according to the threads made regarding it, they're still allowed - just under the pretext that they are literally the worst aspect of society still living, and so CPs treat them like total shit - but it isn't a deaf death situation.

Anyways yeah, end the discussion on this here as it isn't rellavent to the PK, and I don't want @Numbers to have to read through 13 pages of needless tripe again.

20. Foxar

Foxar dead again

Nebulae:

theres no way this shit was in by 2016, doubt it was even effective most of 2017, i firmly remember people being shot left and right for being blind, deaf, and could bet all my money this is part of the 'no more muh dystopia' reforms that were done around beginning of this year or so

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice