One job in Skyrim goes to shit quickly.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
After spending the past week sitting about and working in Solitude, I've managed to get a well paying, one off job across the country. The Jarl of Solitude wants me to deliver some old horn to a shrine in Whiterun.

Thalmor are being dicks again.

So with the cash I had, I set off with my mercenary friend and took a carriage to Whiterun!
(Although for some reason my friend refused to ride and decided to jog the way there while I sat back.

mijC7XT.jpg

Regardless we continued along our way, passed dragonsbridge for a moment and had a awkward moment, as a guard blocked the bridge as we tried to cross, eventually the horse lost it's shit however and barged right through him, I'm pretty sure he fell off the bridge to the pit down bellow. My companion still jogging far behind us.

Unfortunately though, not long after we hit a bit of a snag, along the road we saw a raided carriage and so we kept our guards up, right as we strolled into the middle of a bandit outpost...

It was tense, they stared at us and we stared back, couple of seconds that felt like hours. Until they dropped down a shit ton of rocks from the bridge above us and took out the driver, I quickly climbed out of the carriage and began to fuck up the bandits. By the time I was halfway finished with them, my companion finally caught up and took out the bandit leader. So we looted their corpses and moved on.

By this point it was reaching nightfall, I was tired as hell and so we setup camp next to the river. I put down a fire, using a couple elder scrolls as kindling and setup my tent, I got lucky and brought a rather large leather tent from a khajiit trader, thing still smells like skooma though.
Well anyway I laid back and tried to get some sleep, despite the fact I setup another tend for my companion, she refused to sleep and stood on top of a rock the entire night.

R4DetoR.jpg

Morning came by and once I packed everything up, I made the realisation after reading the map seven times over, We'll need to climb that mountain...
So we got across the river and brushed off the slaughterfish nibbling on my leg before we looked to see a way up, naturally we first went for the path seen from the camp, but it led to a cave with nothing but a bear defiantly telling us to 'fuck off'. so we killed it and got back outside.

At this point I had the 'great' plan to just scale the mountain edge, forget the roads of cave paths.
My companion didn't join, she walked off the other way, seemingly to never be seen again.

dcivY1N.jpg

I continued to climb, hitting a roadblock as the cliffs got too steep, but I did not come this far to fall down now!
I climbed around the mountain edge trying to find a bit of rock to climb up on.

I found a way up.. there was a footpath, right next to me.. With my companion there.
I never spoke about it again.

And so we walked up the total obvious footpath and made our way to the peak of this mountain so we could walk off the other side. And.. we encountered a troll.

3gMzxQR.jpg

But, we managed to fuck the troll up with 'relative ease'.

EsmEUhP.jpg

Well after that one appeared, three more did in turn, so after twatting one of them off the cliff, we ran right past, made it to the cliff edge and jumped away to safety.

It was at that point we took a break, finally, we found a house in the wilderness, nicely built cottage, little farm outside and a few animals, naturally we went inside to see if anyone could give us a helping hand in exchange for cash. But we bailed the moment a ice shard was thrown at my companions face. she'll never see from that eye again...

After we mended her crippling injury, we continued our trip, things seemed to have calmed down now.
We saw Dragonsreach in the distance, Whiterun was in our sight.

EuwFyQj.jpg

Yes, we raided that wagon for lettuce.

We walked down this road for a few minutes before hitting a bridge, there we saw the most intense, epic and highly dangerous fight that we ever saw, forget trolls, forget bandits, and forget the. fucking. war.
This shit was going down before our eyes.
NOYd85a.jpg

Of course we rushed in to save this stranger from this unwinnable battle, and somehow, only just. We managed to pull ourselves out alive, without a single injury...

We just moved on.

Finally, we made it to whiterun, and then we had to walk all the way around because for some reason the bloody shrine we needed to get to happened to be in a small cave even further away. So we walked over there, got the directions wrong and had to traverse a waterfall to get to our location, at which a massive battle where the legion and stormcloaks were going completely mental, I wish I took a picture of it but you'll just have to believe me!

I figured that we'd just ignore them and sort out the shrine, but no!
The mother-fucking Thalmor just had to go and be dicks again, they were already at the shrine waiting to jump us, so after we completely ruined the enemy and sent the Thalmor packing, we could set down this single horn onto the shrine. And so, we went to the bannered mare in Whiterun to celebrate.
We drank for a couple of hours before I made the realisation.

We still need to get back to Solitude so we can get paid.

-

Mods used.
  • Scenic carriages
  • Follower dialogue enhancement mod
  • Ineed
  • Camping mod
  • wet and cold
  • Cloaks and backpacks
  • Civil war (for the epic battles)
  • Duel (combat overhaul mod)
  • And a shit ton of traveller mods to populate the roads.

Reactions: List

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Lmfao, this gave me a good laugh. Makes me want to play skyrim again.

Hm, if it's not too much of a bother, can you share your skyrim mods with me? Like, your profile page with your subscribed items?

Oxys

Neutrino
Nebulae
After spending the past week sitting about and working in Solitude, I've managed to get a well paying, one off job across the country. The Jarl of Solitude wants me to deliver some old horn to a shrine in Whiterun.

Thalmor are being dicks again.

So with the cash I had, I set off with my mercenary friend and took a carriage to Whiterun!
(Although for some reason my friend refused to ride and decided to jog the way there while I sat back.

mijC7XT.jpg

Regardless we continued along our way, passed dragonsbridge for a moment and had a awkward moment, as a guard blocked the bridge as we tried to cross, eventually the horse lost it's shit however and barged right through him, I'm pretty sure he fell off the bridge to the pit down bellow. My companion still jogging far behind us.

Unfortunately though, not long after we hit a bit of a snag, along the road we saw a raided carriage and so we kept our guards up, right as we strolled into the middle of a bandit outpost...

It was tense, they stared at us and we stared back, couple of seconds that felt like hours. Until they dropped down a shit ton of rocks from the bridge above us and took out the driver, I quickly climbed out of the carriage and began to fuck up the bandits. By the time I was halfway finished with them, my companion finally caught up and took out the bandit leader. So we looted their corpses and moved on.

By this point it was reaching nightfall, I was tired as hell and so we setup camp next to the river. I put down a fire, using a couple elder scrolls as kindling and setup my tent, I got lucky and brought a rather large leather tent from a khajiit trader, thing still smells like skooma though.
Well anyway I laid back and tried to get some sleep, despite the fact I setup another tend for my companion, she refused to sleep and stood on top of a rock the entire night.

R4DetoR.jpg

Morning came by and once I packed everything up, I made the realisation after reading the map seven times over, We'll need to climb that mountain...
So we got across the river and brushed off the slaughterfish nibbling on my leg before we looked to see a way up, naturally we first went for the path seen from the camp, but it led to a cave with nothing but a bear defiantly telling us to 'fuck off'. so we killed it and got back outside.

At this point I had the 'great' plan to just scale the mountain edge, forget the roads of cave paths.
My companion didn't join, she walked off the other way, seemingly to never be seen again.

dcivY1N.jpg

I continued to climb, hitting a roadblock as the cliffs got too steep, but I did not come this far to fall down now!
I climbed around the mountain edge trying to find a bit of rock to climb up on.

I found a way up.. there was a footpath, right next to me.. With my companion there.
I never spoke about it again.

And so we walked up the total obvious footpath and made our way to the peak of this mountain so we could walk off the other side. And.. we encountered a troll.

3gMzxQR.jpg

But, we managed to fuck the troll up with 'relative ease'.

EsmEUhP.jpg

Well after that one appeared, three more did in turn, so after twatting one of them off the cliff, we ran right past, made it to the cliff edge and jumped away to safety.

It was at that point we took a break, finally, we found a house in the wilderness, nicely built cottage, little farm outside and a few animals, naturally we went inside to see if anyone could give us a helping hand in exchange for cash. But we bailed the moment a ice shard was thrown at my companions face. she'll never see from that eye again...

After we mended her crippling injury, we continued our trip, things seemed to have calmed down now.
We saw Dragonsreach in the distance, Whiterun was in our sight.

EuwFyQj.jpg

Yes, we raided that wagon for lettuce.

We walked down this road for a few minutes before hitting a bridge, there we saw the most intense, epic and highly dangerous fight that we ever saw, forget trolls, forget bandits, and forget the. fucking. war.
This shit was going down before our eyes.
NOYd85a.jpg

Of course we rushed in to save this stranger from this unwinnable battle, and somehow, only just. We managed to pull ourselves out alive, without a single injury...

We just moved on.

Finally, we made it to whiterun, and then we had to walk all the way around because for some reason the bloody shrine we needed to get to happened to be in a small cave even further away. So we walked over there, got the directions wrong and had to traverse a waterfall to get to our location, at which a massive battle where the legion and stormcloaks were going completely mental, I wish I took a picture of it but you'll just have to believe me!

I figured that we'd just ignore them and sort out the shrine, but no!
The mother-fucking Thalmor just had to go and be dicks again, they were already at the shrine waiting to jump us, so after we completely ruined the enemy and sent the Thalmor packing, we could set down this single horn onto the shrine. And so, we went to the bannered mare in Whiterun to celebrate.
We drank for a couple of hours before I made the realisation.

We still need to get back to Solitude so we can get paid.

-

Mods used.
  • Scenic carriages
  • Follower dialogue enhancement mod
  • Ineed
  • Camping mod
  • wet and cold
  • Cloaks and backpacks
  • Civil war (for the epic battles)
  • Duel (combat overhaul mod)
  • And a shit ton of traveller mods to populate the roads.
Reminds me of when I used to roleplay as a hunter lost in the wilds.