Operation: Snow - Feedback thread

Discussion in 'Feedback Section' started by General Mario, Aug 17, 2020.

1. General Mario

General Mario Nucleus
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    post stuff

• nebulous nebulous x 7
  2. Meepy

Meepy Still needs to get a life

Nebulae:
    Was based

had fun

uwu

3. General Mario

General Mario Nucleus

Nebulae:
    also big thanks to the actors and @Manio for assisting with admin stuff

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  4. Jackround12353

Jackround12353 gaming...
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    good fun as usual

hopefully the uhh zombie thing shows up again

enjoy the neb, event-maker mario filoni

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  5. maxi

maxi Atom

Nebulae:
    sorry I couldn’t come and help I had fitness class and by the time I got home was too exhausted

6. '77 East

'77 East Rictal-Approved
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    got delayed by roadworks, came late but managed to fool @bigdaddyboy413 into thinking I was a real conscript for a bit

have absolutely no idea what happened to everyone else but the need to send two hunter-choppers seemed a tad overkill.

7. Deathwolf

Deathwolf Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Overall, and I'm sad to say, I'm not too sure how I felt about this event, the first half was fun, sneaking about and blending in, but the moment we were caught out, the fun was gone from me, for starters, the use of Entity weapons are just never fun, just plain stupid, but on top of that, it feels like our identity breach came out of no where, this is where the fun started to go.

The creature we fought against was not fun at all, it just felt plain and generic, it blew off our attacks, and one thing that really miffed me was the fact that it was stated the creature was weak to fire, but my use of a flare and spray bottle as a makeshift flamethrower had no effect on it.

Overall the introduction of the creature just ruined the pacing of the event, I didn't feel scared, or even slightly worried, and it's escape was very anti-climatic.

The final chase sequence against the helicopters was actually fun and fearful, so that's a +1.

Overall I just don't feel rewarded from the event, I knew next to nothing about the actual creature, and I don't know what our actions actually did other than save two lives

I still want to see more from you, however

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tyrone

Tyrone DreadPirateRoberts approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    glad you took me in, had a blast
    maybe, but that zombie is way too overpowered and I wouldn't be able to get away prancing around like that in the main server
    Merged:
    i didn't see you burn me and it was brought to my attention after the fact, so sorry if. can't really read all of that considering around 8 people were doing stuff sporatically

9. Husky

Husky .
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    It was pretty slow to start, took a while to get to the actual base.

All in all it was really fun, especially sneaking around, felt like the strudel scene out of Inglorious Bastards when that proselyte walked in on Nadine.

The ending was quite slowed down by the grunt, I felt the grunt dragged on a little long.

Also my laptop crashed and sent me flinging off a fucking cliff at the end.

10. General Mario

General Mario Nucleus

Nebulae:
    The breach came when Manio as the guard became suspicious of a couple scientists, cant remember which ones, and decided to trigger the alarm.

If I noticed the flamethrower thing I woulda had him get hurt by it.
    Merged:
    Yeah, was hoping you guys would figure out it relies on noise to figure out where its target is but you did not until the very end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigdaddyboy413

bigdaddyboy413 Electron

Nebulae:
    I thought you were a conscript so I played along as a Scientist, was gonna kill you when you walked in the tram 'till you fessed up, bro'

12. Ricsow

Ricsow professional retard
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    Gonna post a in-depth review tomorrow, alongside the video, but I really liked the sneaking part and you should build a event all about that in the future, but the action part was underwhelming, the zombie didn’t really even feel like a threat and was trying way to hard to feel intimidating. Honestly, a solid 6 to 7 out of 10.

13. Thood74

Thood74 Nucleus
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Mostly the same as deathwolf.

The beginning was fun. Sneaking around, acting like scientists and that. It dragged on for a little long but we eventually got back on track. Like Ricsow says, an event about a more stealthy approach could be fun.

The creature was kinda scary, but ultimately very generic. Felt more like a zombie version of the combine synth. And yes, the fact it brushed off the fire was abit cheap. Woulda been better to have it as a sort of unseen threat, and spending more of our time trying to avoid transhumans and other security officers, with the threat of the creature looming over our heads until possibly the end, if we were ever to encounter it.

The ending was enjoyable and stressful. Not much to say there.

Overall, a decent event. And worth the wait.

14. Tyrone

Nebulae:
    It isn't on Mario or anyone else, I played the character. I'm sorry it wasn't good enough in the end, I'll take note for my future characters on the server

15. Thood74

Thood74 Nucleus
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    its okay

maybe you could actually import the apex predator to the server as one of those unique buddy creatures you have, if event team will auth it.

The idea of the creature is generic, but okay enough. The main gripe is the fire thing. You did fairly well. Maybe consider the weakness in the future if the creature ever appears again.

16. Tyrone

Nebulae:
    I didn't like the concept of the character myself, I just worked with it and did my best. I learned that fear through brute force comes off as incredibly blunt.

I wanted to psychologically scare players, not by flailing around and being an apex predator. I wouldn't find myself scary either

17. Thood74

Thood74 Nucleus
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    in that case, you could have used the creatures incredible speed and intimidating stature so that we would get brief glances at it tearing through whatever enemy opposed it at the current moment.

Maybe you could have also made it evident before hand that it responded to noise, that way our behaviour would have changed drastically in combat with it.

thats about it for the creature. Thanks for acting regardless. You did the best with what you were given

18. Manio

Manio Mostly Sleepy

Nebulae:
    Someone mentioned one thing that completely contradicted the real state of affairs which blew the entire cover :[

19. Thood74

Thood74 Nucleus
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    What was mentioned?

Either way, all the overexplaining by the players was a tad annoying. But thats an entire other issue.

20. Husky

Husky .
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I think I know what it was.

As soon as I realised what had happened... bruh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice