Paradox Games tales

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
hello yes i love paradox and their games so i have made a thread dedicated to it
also i kind of wanted to see what other people in the community have done on really any paradox game, i like hearing about other experiences

here's my most recent to get started

after five hundred or so hours of playing entirely singleplayer i decided to play my first multiplayer game with randoms on eu4, selected england because i knew i could defend my isles without anyone invading, and sold my french cores to france so that way i didnt have to worry about him for a little whole at least, and so that way he couldnt use the warscore to gnab my english mainland and allied castille who has been my closest ally.
eventually france declared war on spain with austrian, tuscan, and savoyian backing with me being spain's only ally, and while it took them ten years to even so much as get past Iberia's mountains, he eventually lost three or so provinces
they tried getting me to release my pu over sweden, but i would accept nothing more than white peace because i knew they had no warscore against me, and would never get onto my isles. which worked, since they eventually accepted white peace after all of their navies, with the ottomans being called in to help navally, didn't come close to defeating mine

but the game's gone pretty good, i got a pu over all of scandinavia early on and took east prussia to secure baltic trade and got @ae poul to play russia after the original one left
2484AAC8B12959EE04B8CEA66B365679709AECFE

austria didnt like me having eastern prussia but never did anything about it, and eventually their central european alliance got steamrolled by the world after they started scheming to divvy the ottomans up, and the player playing ottomans orchestrated a world coalition to defeat them

27CA4C887B8DD08D51B8049F3F9A92640FF31716

to which i benefitted the most, having gained back some french and dutch provinces to secure my english channel trade. and the netherlands got extremely satly over it, since i was allied to them beforehand

9B00850957C3DDBFF4147B58D3222AB9926EF690

63541B741EAD3E1645EAFB6549A0AA108C097D12

tbh the scheming and diplomacy that happens in matches with random people online on eu4 is some of the most fun ive had, especially seeing their reactions when you suddenly pu norway, denmark and sweden in one succession war as england
i wish i started playing multiplayer sooner

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
The only paradox game I really got in-depth with for a long while was Crusader Kings 2, and one of the best memories i have of that game was my 50 year old blind/crippled ruler giving birth to the child of satan who was incredibly smart, strong but short tempered and by the age of seven he had killed his teacher and when he hit 13 he finished off his father, came to power and drove my English-french joint faction into the ground and eventually left us with two holdings left in Ireland before he had a heart attack from depression with no heirs.

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
The only paradox game I really got in-depth with for a long while was Crusader Kings 2, and one of the best memories i have of that game was my 50 year old blind/crippled ruler giving birth to the child of satan who was incredibly smart, strong but short tempered and by the age of seven he had killed his teacher and when he hit 13 he finished off his father, came to power and drove my English-french joint faction into the ground and eventually left us with two holdings left in Ireland before he had a heart attack from depression with no heirs.
i like ck2 and i managed to learn it at some point and some of the stuff that happens is hilarious
my most recent memory of it was having a member of my court as an irish king basically win the crusades in jerusalem for me, and i in turn inherited jerusalem as a vassal despite not having contributed anything

4832080C6D5A36D779C5FE3FC5E131E4FFB3D5D0

Last edited:

Sabertron

Neutrino
Nebulae
I fucking love Tyranny, but all I ever did was instead of be evil I actually just sided with everyone and I made Tunon my bitch then I decided to fucking hit Kyros with that dank Edicts my dude

And I was a bit salty when I couldn't like, fight with the weapons I stole from that creepy green dude, my dude

Pointman

Neutrino
Nebulae
I really oughta try out more Paradox games, but their high base game price and countless amount of DLC kind of scares me off.

I play Cities: Skylines every now and then, with its DLC.

I end up making nice little suburbs, then I unlock deathcare...

Bodies everywhere.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
best paradox experiences have definitely been with @Redhunter on HOI4

took over almost the whole of the eastern world as Islamic

fucking amazing

Oxy[Morons]

Nebulae
best paradox experiences have definitely been with @Redhunter on HOI4

took over almost the whole of the eastern world as Islamic

fucking amazing
hoi4 to me is my least favorite paradox game
I like kaiserreich but anything else is just too bland

in hoi4 you are given your instruments at the start of the game, and there's virtually no advancing past that
of course there is, but unlike in eu4 you will never advance past those who are already powerful because that's how it has been designed to be
in multiplayer at least. single player to me is too straight forward to enjoy

not to say it's impossible to enjoy tho, just that it can be hard for me

Last edited: