PC freezes on alt+tab

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae
So every time I alt+tab out of gmod it freezes my whole PC, tried all methods of closing it but it always has to be choked. It only happens on gmod (as far as I can tell). I’ve tried verifying the game cache and uninstalling/reinstalling but nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
The only temporary solution I know for this is opening properties in steam of gmod, and setting launch options with +windowed and +noborder

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae
The only temporary solution I know for this is opening properties in steam of gmod, and setting launch options with +windowed and +noborder
That sucks. I mean it’d help until I find a solution though.
[doublepost=1508869592][/doublepost]Oh also random assets on the map are coming up as errors even though I have all the games mounted+content.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
That sucks. I mean it’d help until I find a solution though.
[doublepost=1508869592][/doublepost]Oh also random assets on the map are coming up as errors even though I have all the games mounted+content.
Try unmounting tf2 if you have it mounted, pyro update caused a lot of shit to go ham. I'm not sure about if it causes this problem though.

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae
Try unmounting tf2 if you have it mounted, pyro update caused a lot of shit to go ham. I'm not sure about if it causes this problem though.
Is TF2 a necessity now? I don't own the game nor do I have it mounted.

Yeah I gathered something fucked things up, since the roads are all tiny tiled versions of the proper texture.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
Is TF2 a necessity now? I don't own the game nor do I have it mounted.

Yeah I gathered something fucked things up, since the roads are all tiny tiled versions of the proper texture.
I wouldn't want to, but I think a re-installation of the game is necessary (with a big question mark). I've never ran into this problem.

Only solution I found is to unplug and replug your HDMI monitor cable.

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae
I wouldn't want to, but I think a re-installation of the game is necessary (with a big question mark). I've never ran into this problem.

Only solution I found is to unplug and replug your HDMI monitor cable.
Already done, no change.

It's a laptop. Also it appears to be a system problem, not a display or input problem.

Limeao

24/7 John Lennon Impressionist
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
try this? I had the same problem on my laptop but it works fine after this

Right-click the game, and open "properties".
Select "set launch options"
Add "-windowed -noborder" to the text box (start with a space)

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae
try this? I had the same problem on my laptop but it works fine after this

Right-click the game, and open "properties".
Select "set launch options"
Add "-windowed -noborder" to the text box (start with a space)
Perfect, that fixed that part!

Gotta try and find a way to fix the errors now but it's progress.