Pipeline - Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback Section' started by dee pixel, Nov 10, 2019 at 9:56 PM.

1. dee pixel

dee pixel jesus christ denton
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    • Agree Agree x 8
  2. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Really think you should specify to people that they are to be joining a multi-event questline and will be staying locked to the event server until it's done. Because, truth be told, you didn't.

It was outlined nowhere on the event page and thus left a few of us irritated stumbling into that fact.

Now I need to speak with an S.A to get these items destroyed in exchange for being allowed to resume my character on the main server.

Rest of the event was decent (aside from the Indians acting like s2k gunslingers during the pipeline showdown) but the last bit was truly sour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 234857964238753

234857964238753 Nucleus

Nebulae:
    See you cowboys, to those who chose their own path

4. Mute

Mute Molecule

Nebulae:
    I came on pretty late and I just helped with the event but I had fun being an event char

5. Trains

Trains Molecule

Nebulae:
  6. 420Alex

420Alex The OG
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Was a bit sporadic but I'd give it a solid 7.3 out of 10 for my first experience.
    What east said though is kind of true.

I can't guarantee that I have the time to commit when the next one is.

7. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Any staff can use remover on the items handed out.
    But I can hop on to get you sorted if you like

8. '77 East

Nebulae:
    It's good, timezones will probably have me elsewhere so I'll likely just do it tomorrow and send the proof to someone if needed.

9. rams

rams `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    it felt a bit misdirected

10. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    I liked the part where we got to go off and make a Mad Max goonsquad with the boys at the end, riding our newly stolen buggies into the sunset.

For actual criticism, the pacing was strange likely because far too many players were involved at a time limiting the attention you could put on any individuals actions, this left me and a lot of other people very bored, or simply stuck waiting for a reaction to the stuff we wanted to do.

It wasn't quite as dynamic as I'd hoped when we met the Indians, not a lot of deals to be brokered or an individual path to take, additionally there was no real reason to help the Indians at the end, none of the people involved had found any real motivation to continue on or join their group at the end beyond the fact that there was a second part coming.

Lot of the people signing on had very diverse backstories and motivations and they weren't really taken into account with who would actually choose to work with this group, half of the guys were there to get paid, attacking our compound and going rogue is about the most sideways approach anyone of us would have realistically picked with that in mind, hence half the reason we ran off in the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Kenny.

Kenny. Proton

Nebulae:
    i joined like 40 minutes late because gmod was being rarted lmao
    except that event was very interesting
    couple things i didnt like was the fact that, like it has already been said, someone might have just used their main char to join the event(me), essentially being locked out of the main serv. i still chose to go on the bus which means even if i did hop on the server to get my items removed it'd kinda be weird cuz ic i went further along through whatever wasteland there is in NA

12. Kafe

Kafe Kafe/ Bastion
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    map flow related, would've helped would be to not use rp_pipeline at the start and just use the desert road map, as the team only repaired one item in that map before we swapped, kind of felt needless outside of early prep that could be done on the second map.

An additional note, for the conscript guard characters, please report to me or any other staff member to ensure the equipment you got at the start of the event is taken back and deleted.
    @rams @'77 East @Kenny. @420Alex @234857964238753 @nexus @JoeyStalinski @Leather Clad Lad
    @Mute @OneClassyBanana @Smiley @Tinbe @「R O M E O」 @Appetite Ruining Kebab

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Mute

Mute Molecule

Nebulae:
    I wasnt a conscript just a native

14. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    im not gonna use the character until next event anyway

15. Tinbe

Tinbe Current real-life year + 7 = Current HL2RP IC year
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    You mean the showdown at the desert map? Again, not my fault your buddy wanted to hijack one of our jeeps when it was just us three nearby. Kind of forced me to act by reflex and try to stop him quickly by tossing the antlion spear at him - and the others were still close enough to notice something was going on.
    My conscript was just an event character for this. And he died anywho, so I deleted him - not to mention the fact I made sure I dropped my ammoboxes from my inv and had both baton and MP5K equipped so they'd drop on my death.

Speaking of which, maybe I just wasn't aware where everyone was, but it really seemed like a couple of guys were breaking timescale at one point. I was on a rooftop, and /mel'ing (S2RP, not S2K mind you) that I spray with my MP5K at the native guy below me on the ground level. The route to me was through the warehouse, up the stairs and across the Foreman's large room. Yet it seemed like the two guys who ran up to intercept me just fucking booked it, taking like 7-10 seconds of running to get to me after I made my S2RP /mel.

It could be that I just didn't realize people were so close, but I was 99% certain all the workers and Natives were just gathered around the courtyard after wiping out the rest of the conscripts.

16. GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer i like firetruck and moster truck

Nebulae:
    died, deleted char once event was over

17. Jas691

Jas691 Proton

Nebulae:
    I personall liked it
    Gj

18. '77 East

Nebulae:
    I'm talking about the natives who jumped up the rocks during the pipeline assault and started sniping people with pure s2k intent.

By that point it was just a massacre.

You weren't even there for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mute

Mute Molecule

Nebulae:
    The only natives were just me and another one who didnt have a gun at the end but im pretty sure he got a shotgun eventually, we never got ontop of the rocks and we never directly aimed for anyone (at least i didnt), there was an old guy that got ontop of the rocks though

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice