Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
Your Steam Name: reggie
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:68948900

Character Name: Idris Halim
Member of staff who banned your character: @shad
Character/Player who carried out the PK (If known): dunno

Describe how your character died: Cops came to purchase kebab and was having a talk with some cops about what they wanted from his restaurant before they said he was under arrest for doing arson, which he did. Instead of running away and getting gunned down, I decided to have some fun with it and play around, creating a small roleplay scenario where after a brief struggle involving gasoline being sprayed and pulling out an empty gun, and then getting gunned down with no actual attempt to resist what was happening.
Why do you believe your PK is invalid?: Instead of going the get captured or gunned down and running away route, I decided to create some roleplay. Didn't think it was lone wolfing since I didn't actually try to hurt anyone. I pulled out an empty gun, didn't even raise it after spraying gasoline on some cops. I was not actually trying to resist anything, just wanted to create an interesting scenario that would ultimately be of no consequence. Just seems silly to PK here.
Date of occurrence: today
Evidence (screenshots, logs):
Any other parties involved:
Misc details:

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
hey i was the guy who shot you

your death is the result of a little investigation i did in-character where you were identified as the culprit behind the agora arson and generator tampering. i stalled to talk about kebabs while the rest of the PT showed up after i had identified you, and you did what you did and were shot for it

i don't really know how else this would be defined outside of lone-wolfing, 1 v 8 in a situation you had a very obvious out for

Reactions: List

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
hey i was the guy who shot you

your death is the result of a little investigation i did in-character where you were identified as the culprit behind the agora arson and generator tampering. i stalled to talk about kebabs while the rest of the PT showed up after i had identified you, and you did what you did and were shot for it

i don't really know how else this would be defined outside of lone-wolfing, 1 v 8 in a situation you had a very obvious out for
I don't see how this lone-wolfing. I was in my home base (the agora, this character is agoran), and defending myself. I didn't start an 'engagement' or any sort of S2K as well, just thought it would be fun to get gunned down after spraying everyone with gasoline. On the 'investigation', I had endured several NLR deaths in between then and now. I really do not see how one can be 'wanted' or being 'investigated' the way the server is currently structured, makes no sense me thinks.

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
I don't see how this lone-wolfing. I was in my home base (the agora, this character is agoran), and defending myself. I didn't start an 'engagement' or any sort of S2K as well, just thought it would be fun to get gunned down after spraying everyone with gasoline. On the 'investigation', I had endured several NLR deaths in between then and now. I really do not see how one can be 'wanted' or being 'investigated' the way the server is currently structured, makes no sense me thinks.
i'll leave it up to @FreeSpy since its entirely subjective with no point of us arguing, from my point of view, the combine control the town currently and you have been on my character's radar for quite some time now because i let you escape during the arson instead of mowing you down. i think its a fair death but i wouldn't be upset if it was overturned

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Heyo. I was actually one of the units that participated in the PT.

While you did try to resist arrest, I don't think what you did on your character is considered "lone-wolfing". Lone-wolfing would be engaging/ambushing an opposing platoon of soldiers by yourself. From what I observed, you were just running your kebab restaurant as usual. You did try to resist arrest, although I think that can be considered self-defense because we aimed our guns at you first during the conversation.

These are just my thoughts on the matter. Regardless of what happened, I do enjoy the character's interaction.

Last edited:

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
i'll leave it up to @FreeSpy since its entirely objective with no point of us arguing, from my point of view, the combine control the town currently and you have been on my character's radar for quite some time now because i let you escape during the arson instead of mowing you down. i think its a fair death but i wouldn't be upset if it was overturned
Between the arson and now, the combine has lost and regained control of the Agora, and my character had died several times. Someone being wanted/ "on your radar" for a while doesn't really make sense in the way the server is structured and organized, given the fast and loose way people play with their lives.

My character, being an Agoran, had every right to be where he was and he was threatened in his home, so he had every right to resist., and again, I don't really see it lonewolfing since there wasn't really an engagement to begin with, alongside what maytree said.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Here's the logs for people's curiosity.
eWhn3kG.png
iEAbFZT.png

Last edited:

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
how can it be lone wolfing when the person is backed into a corner and given no other choice but to defend themselves or die

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Hi as the person who quite literally wrote the lines around the lonewolfing thing this iteration... This guy is merely defending himself in his home, he's not gone out into the mountains to snipe patrols or engaged an avoidable enemy force, he's just... Roleplayed defending himself in his home?

I'm no PK manager anymore, not even this server's staff, just wanted to give my input as I am aware of the original idea behind the lone-wolfing description.

That's it really, of course maybe the current server direction or PK management has a different idea, but this wasn't it before.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Hi as the person who quite literally wrote the lines around the lonewolfing thing this iteration... This guy is merely defending himself in his home, he's not gone out into the mountains to snipe patrols or engaged an avoidable enemy force, he's just... Roleplayed defending himself in his home?

I'm no PK manager anymore, not even this server's staff, just wanted to give my input as I am aware of the original idea behind the lone-wolfing description.

That's it really, of course maybe the current server direction or PK management has a different idea, but this wasn't it before.
And with this, I'd like to conclude this appeal

I understand what has gone into the circumstances around this appeal, but for the future, I have two points

1st, if you are investigating someone and you might believe it'll end in a pk, send a forum convo with the pk management team and we can sort out if this is a worthy kill or not, even if it goes south. Some people have done it before even as precautions and it has saved us a lot of time and will save us a lot of time in the event of appeals

2nd, if you are intending to create a scenario where these things happen (scuffles and fights with the opposing factions), and you don't want anyone dead, my best recommandation is speaking to the person leading the patrol in pms and specifically telling them "I am trying to create a scenario, my intent is x." This way it solves a lot of the communication issues as people can get wildly different perspectives of a situation, so specifying these things allows you to solve that possible miscommunication and further the flow of RP. Not the entire PT , just the guy who's leading it, and if you're unsure who it is, ask staff.

That being said, I will not void this situation, but instead this character will be heavily injured and require RP. Just say he got a pretty bad beating and let go, to not further dissolve the RP created. Consider this resolved. You may request your character be unbanned, but for the sake of keeping this scenario a thing, RP some injuries. Player's choice as to what those injuries entail.

Status
Not open for further replies.