Denied PK appeal

Discussion in 'Character Permanent Kill Appeals' started by K4E, Jan 12, 2019 at 4:17 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaggles

Jaggles Dreaming Android
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    If you ran into SS3 with a good reason*

I'll have to check the video when it's uploaded, see what all of this is

2. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Manifesto of depression
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Take your pick.

3. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Add a section to the PEG about the entire chase thing and I'd be fine with whatever, honestly.

Because again, it just seems like a lazy excuse to sweep whenever you want because there's absolutely nothing in the PEG about it and there was zero provokation.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. Bronn

Bronn Atom

Nebulae:
    i remember that a cop once chased a guy into the sewers, killed him and pkd them, appeal even got denied if i remember correctly

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Before I give my verdict who were the intended person the CP's were chasing? since there have been multiple bystander that got shot too.

6. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    They were chasing me, I'm pretty sure. I just find it completely dumb how far they were allowed go in without the proper amount of TAG units and how many people they were allowed shoot when they weren't provoked at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Manifesto of depression
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    How is being in the city with rebel clothing not provoking.

• Zing Zing x 2
  8. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Because I don't count and I don't think anyone except you counts an area that you need a PT of units to go through anyway part of the main city.

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Jaggles

Jaggles Dreaming Android

Nebulae:
    The chase wasn't that far into the sewers, the CPs didn't go further than they needed and only killed people who stood inbetween. You did have a rebel bodygroup (kevlar) which I call character authorisations forth (@Jaydawg @TinPan @Baker ) so they may give us the exact information on what was authorised and on what terms and so on. As far as I'm concerned you did mug a CWU for their uniform but that doesn't include a kevlar or anything of the sorts.

They didn't go that far in, and all bystanders that got killed got in the crossfire inbetween you and the CPs, which caused their deaths. Play stupid games win stupid prices.

You risked it by going outside, you were reported and found, and you ran in. CPs gave chase and eventually killed you, they didn't go really far at all, and the rooftops or the building are not off-limits as far as I know for CPs. The "I didn't have a gun" thing doesn't really take part here since you were armored and visually a threat. They could've asked you to stop, but you ran on first sight.

I'll let @Numbers or @Mic15000 give a final on this later when all the needed parties have replied, but I support this PK.

I'll suggest one thing for this though:

To avoid CPs abusing the "chase" thing, make it so they can't go in unless they have a really clear target in mind to chase after (for instance, sighting a rebel and the rebel trying to escape into the SS3 like this). Additionally, make CP deaths in SS3 when they give chase a PK instead of a NLR since they went off the standard protocol to chase someone. The NLR derank thing shall remain a thing for those CPs who don't retrieve proof of their activity in sewers.

It's my two cents, actions have consequences. You wanted your cool suit and to show it around the surface bluesuits and you paid the price. If you didn't have a kevlar or something, looking like a CWU, I'd understand CPs not going bollocks and chasing you, but you looked like a damn soldier.

This was a provoked chase and as such following standard criteria, PK shall stay. I'll let Mic or Numbers give the last word whenever they feel is right, but I want to talk to char auths first.

RB6, the place you were, does not require 3 TAG units.

You're shielding yourself behind OOC red tape after risking your integrity, that is something I won't allow to be argued here.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  10. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Last I checked RB6 needs atleast a PT of some amount of units to enter, might not be TAGs but I'm positive you can't enter it alone.

For this, again, I can't really say anything else other than the fact I find it a bit dense that cops can run all the way through Storm System 3 without a valid amount of units and shoot everything in sight to get one target, when they were barely provoked at all.

Only thing I can really argue here is that it's pretty dense how that's allowed whenever cops want, but up to you ultimately, I suppose. I just heavily believe the chase thing should either be put into a section in the PEG or banned outright, since it's a bit retarded to be able to do it without anyone even knowing about it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. Jaggles

Jaggles Dreaming Android

Nebulae:
    They need to be in a TAG PT

Which they were.

It's not allowed whenever cops want, they're allowed to give chase, not start an unprovoked sweep. They can't just barge in, they need a reason. Reason here is clear enough: A soldier looking guy outside that started to run away as soon as they appeared.

1. They didn't run all the way through SS3, in fact they didn't even go past the first bar.

2. They didn't shoot everything on sight, they shot you, you and just you. Some very smart people got in the way of the bullets and died.

3. They were provoked, with those looks and the fact you started running are enough to give you a 647E tag and chase.

12. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm not using that part for argument for unPK, I'm just saying to Pumpkin areas that you need cops in a TAG PT to enter I wouldn't exactly count as under Union control completely like he's claiming.

Also again, I'd say that'd be valid enough reason if they actually had enough TAG units, but considering they literally went against the PEG and just injected without even dispatch authorization (to my knowledge) and shot a guy as far as the ladder going down to the sewers, that's my issue.

If I died at the actual ladder in RB6 going down to the slums, sure, but the ladder to the sewers? I'd say that's where my issue falls in.

Again; I died at the ladder to the sewers, so I dunno'. That's where my main issue stems from.

Again where my issue falls, in my opinion they shouldn't of even went down there in the first place while completely lacking Dispatch authorization or the correct amount of TAG units, but that's just me.

Also I messaged you on steam explaining the auth thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Blackquill

Blackquill This, I know.
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    Chasing is perfectly valid imho

Can someone tell me what the issue is

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  14. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Chasing down the ladder I'd say is valid, yeah.

But I'd say the main issue is they literally went to the ladder to the *sewers* and that's where I died, it wasn't just the ladder into the slum, and they went without the proper amount of TAG units and Dispatch auth.

You think that specifically isn't an issue?

Also to @Jaggles, just talked about it with @GenericPlayer on steam and I literally couldn't dequip the suit OOCly because they're buggy as fuck and you need an SA to redo them everytime, which I'm sure he can confirm.

15. Blackquill

Blackquill This, I know.

Nebulae:
    Nope

You spend a lot of time mugging and killing cops, don't be surprised when they go after you relentlessly

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Zing Zing x 4
  16. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Haven't mugged a single cop on this character so dunno what you mean there.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Blackquill

Blackquill This, I know.

Nebulae:
    I'm talking in a general sense, cops have been killed and mugged a lot recently

So I'm not surprised that they are getting more relentless and actively chasing those who run away

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Jaggles

Jaggles Dreaming Android

Nebulae:
    They didn't go to that ladder, in fact they didn't reach the double tunnel past the corner fence. You got gunned down, because bullets fly and such.

They didn't really go that far at all, didn't even peek at the long tunnel. They went specifically after you, gunned you down and ran back.

19. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I mean personally I just find it a bit dumb that they can sweep all the way to the sewers without the proper amount of TAG units and without any dispatch/headcop auth at the time but if you say so, I guess.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Blackquill

Blackquill This, I know.

Nebulae:
    I don't find it dumb in this particular instance, or instances of shotcops/muggings

Sitting around waiting for auths all the time is what lets people get away in the first place, I think I speak for all cop players when I say that

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice