Suggestion /playlocalsound Range Indicator

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Suggestion: Add the purple sphere/extra command where you are able to see the range of your sound / maybe define falloff percentage.

Why it would be worth adding: Extreme QoL, prevents sounds to be heard serverwide or by the wrong people

Necessary content: Dev

Last edited:

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
This isn't really feasible given that the source engine doesn't have a way to provide audio levels from a specific location, unless I am missing something

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
This isn't really feasible given that the source engine doesn't have a way to provide audio levels from a specific location, unless I am missing something
Isn't that what /playlocalsound already does?

I think op Is just asking for the local event indicator to be added to the command so we can see the approximate radius

Reactions: List

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
I think the easiest method is we measure the distance of 3 playlocalsounds, get the average distance and then it calculates said "depicted radius" itself, so its just an indicator

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I think the easiest method is we measure the distance of 3 playlocalsounds, get the average distance and then it calculates said "depicted radius" itself, so its just an indicator
But even then, there isn't a way to know if a player heard the sound, or at what volume, or at what range is stops

Last edited: