News Point Insertion | A HL2RP Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
now it's actually viable to beat a cop into submission and steal his shit

before, the meta was "kill him as fast as you possibly can because the second you lay a finger on him, you're on a very short timer until cops arrive", thus the king was weapons that inflicted the highest point-blank damage

now, people might actually prefer lower-damage weapons because you've got a lower chance of actually killing them and tripping a biosignal
Mind you I understand why units acted as they did cause people generally weren't interested in RP just the scripts and I get why the compensations were added given the state of things when they weren't there.

But with all the toys stripped away if you genuinely get in a situation where you get mugged it is literally your own fault and you have to RP it because no magic PT is going to come save you. Mugging is actually viable and fair again for both sides.

when an admin said 'S2K /ME'S ARE ALLOWED' it all went to hell
Good stress test though lmao

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
If I'm honest there wasn't really a good way to mass stress-test the server for S2K and stuff without letting it just... happen I don't think. Everyone seemed to have fun anyway.

It held up way better than I expected it would.

Pretty much. We've been working on Helix for such a long time and really had no idea how it was going to hold up in a real test since our only reference has been bots. It's turned out a lot better than we anticipated considering how much work has been done by me and impulse over the past 8 months or so.
[doublepost=1535145285][/doublepost]Just to add, for all we knew, the server could've lagged like hell or crashed in the first 5 minutes; I even told BQ that the event might only last 5 minutes if something goes wrong.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Somebody mentioned their hopes of playing Experiment on Helix, and I have to say that it does sound like a cool prospect. You know, granted that it won't have the same pitfalls as the CW one we did ages ago (like shitting on solo players and ridiculous spawncamping with one-shot melee weapons).

It could give insight on things such as item and weapon supplying/handling that can be applied to HL2RP, but I also worry that it'd take away too much attention from devving, well, HL2RP. So, I'm curious, but conflicted.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Somebody mentioned their hopes of playing Experiment on Helix, and I have to say that it does sound like a cool prospect. You know, granted that it won't have the same pitfalls as the CW one we did ages ago (like shitting on solo players and ridiculous spawncamping with one-shot melee weapons).

It could give insight on things such as item and weapon supplying/handling that can be applied to HL2RP, but I also worry that it'd take away too much attention from devving, well, HL2RP. So, I'm curious, but conflicted.

We're focused on HL2 RP.

Reactions: List

PinkGin

Quark
Nebulae
This is beyond "devving" HL2RP, this is like pumping it with steroids, the fps was so slick that alone is a big thing, not to mention how easily it handled 100 players, despite a few spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.