Not open for further replies.

Voilá

ˣ
Nebulae
82529665ed.png

77c52e7258.png

d547bf66f9.png

Nebulae
Spent my last few moments shivving an OTA unit to death with a broken bottle, 10/10.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I got some of the last riot recorded, I'll see if I can upload it to YT before posting a thread on HL2RP board.

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
so much for recording the last part

V0AGREW.jpg

ot: i expected it to be a serious event but ngl this was pretty entertaining at least for cops/rebel people
despite it's unseriousness i still enjoyed it

good gamemode....

Reactions: List

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
he got shot by a cop actually

assblasted rebels with a spas-12
>be civil protection unit
>wake up in the nexus barracks next to your lesbian gf
>walk outside
>go on duty
>"AUTIST-7, INTERLOCK WITH PROTECTION TEAM FUCKASS"
>immediately radio off duty
>continue to patrol because fuck the rules
>see black man
>begin screaming racial slurs at him and threaten to lynch his whole family while burning them alive because he had the nerve to look in your direction for 0.2 seconds while 50 feet away
>continue patrolling
>perform edgy tortureRP on nearby biotic, including disturbingly detailed /mes of exactly how his eye is being gouged out piece-by-piece
>laugh at him and walk away
>suddenly "11-99!!!!" over radio
>immediately sprint towards situation while ignoring timescale
>see single unit surrounded by unarmed civilians
>paste s2k /me, "intent to kill"
>miss every shot from mp7 on the stationary group of six targets
>teamkill the unit being attacked
>one citizen picks up the 00's stunstick and runs
>/Y FREEZE /Y FREEZE /Y HOLD /Y RUNNING
>reload, fire another magazine at the escapee running in a line straight away from you
>miss him, somehow teamkill friendly RL standing 90° to your left
>deaths of two officers causes nearby citizens to riot
>call in full OTA response team because there's now eight unarmed citizens instead of six
>OTA arrives to suppress the riot
>helpfully unload another magazine at the crowd to suppress them
>every single bullet impacts the back of the transhuman's skull
>run away while continuing to miss every shot
>climb into the back of an APC with your lesbian gf
>drive towards riot
>run over every citizen
>also run over all six units who have successfully shut down the riot and are tying all the belligerents
>mfw given SC for stopping the riot

just another day in the force

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
>walk outside
>go on duty
>see black man
>begin screaming racial slurs at him and threaten to lynch his whole family while burning them alive because he had the nerve to look in your direction for 0.2 seconds while 50 feet away
>continue patrolling
>perform edgy tortureRP on nearby biotic, including disturbingly detailed /mes of exactly how his eye is being gouged out piece-by-piece
>reload, fire another magazine at the escapee running in a line straight away from you
>call in full OTA response team because there's now eight unarmed citizens instead of six
>drive towards riot
>run over every citizen
>also run over all six units who have successfully shut down the riot and are tying all the belligerents

maybe this never would have happened if they didn’t disable cop pings and waypoints. fucking admins

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
>walk outside
>go on duty
>see black man
>continue patrolling
>drive towards riot
>run over every citizen

35b.jpg

The suspect who started the riot is known as "Mas Edyh"

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
ot: i expected it to be a serious event but ngl this was pretty entertaining at least for cops/rebel people despite it's unseriousness i still enjoyed it

Hard to simulate real gameplay in 2 hours like that, it got the job done and we now know exactly where we are at with development.

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
Hard to simulate real gameplay in 2 hours like that, it got the job done and we now know exactly where we are at with development.

e:didnt read
i kind of expected it to be a bit more serious (despite the preparations and all) but imo it was just good enough and i think that everybody had their share of fun
let the bug reports flood in

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
e:didnt read
i kind of expected it to be a bit more serious (despite the preparations and all) but imo it was just good enough and i think that everybody had their share of fun
let the bug reports flood in
If I'm honest there wasn't really a good way to mass stress-test the server for S2K and stuff without letting it just... happen I don't think. Everyone seemed to have fun anyway.

It held up way better than I expected it would.

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
If I'm honest there wasn't really a good way to mass stress-test the server for S2K and stuff without letting it just... happen I don't think. Everyone seemed to have fun anyway.

yeah this was much better

can we have another experiment server running on helix

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I also really like the cop change regarding BSL's and stuff.

Because now maybe people will realise that if they manage to fuck up and get into a muggable situation they don't panic and rely on the damage indicator to have a PT fall in as backup, or waypoints. It'll encourage units to stick together but also hopefully make them more accepting of death if they get cocky and wrapped up in conflict.

Now both sides have more-or-less equal risk; cops can't rely on gimmicks to stall to save their characters (understandable) but if they get a radio call off they can still get backup and the mugger(s) are at risk if they get caught doing it dynamically.

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
I also really like the cop change regarding BSL's and stuff.

Because now maybe people will realise that if they manage to fuck up and get into a muggable situation they don't panic and rely on the damage indicator to have a PT fall in as backup, or waypoints. It'll encourage units to stick together but also hopefully make them more accepting of death.

Now both sides have more-or-less equal risk; cops can't rely on gimmicks to stall to save their characters (understandable) but if they get a radio call off they can still get backup and the mugger(s) are at risk if they get caught doing it dynamically.
I manage to stab a CP 6 times in the gut and arm while doing /me and I'm not sure if he still shot me or his friend went ahead and capped me in the head without /me to warn me

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I manage to stab a CP 6 times in the gut and arm while doing /me and I'm not sure if he still shot me or his friend went ahead and capped me in the head without /me to warn me
I mean yeah but it was a shitshow and S2K was on during a stress test. None of that will really reflect how things will work during normal gameplay.

What I mean is if you get a cop alone that cop now can't rely on his damage indicators and waypoints to bring a PT to him.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
I mean yeah but it was a shitshow and S2K was on during a stress test. None of that will really reflect how things will work during normal gameplay.

What I mean is if you get a cop alone that cop now can't rely on his damage indicators and waypoints to bring a PT to him.
now it's actually viable to beat a cop into submission and steal his shit

before, the meta was "kill him as fast as you possibly can because the second you lay a finger on him, you're on a very short timer until cops arrive", thus the king was weapons that inflicted the highest point-blank damage

now, people might actually prefer lower-damage weapons because you've got a lower chance of actually killing them and tripping a biosignal

Status
Not open for further replies.