Serious posing, gimping, [help me do better]

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Hi. I'm pretty uninvolved in the creative scene of garry's mod or, anything ever so mind me, if this thread dies cause I don't frequent it, I definitely lost interest in art. cause fuck art. im not an artist.

Anyhow. The title 'help me do better' REALLY means please, please, PLEASE criticize and find flaws WITH comments on how to fix it, cause yeah I can point out some flaws of course I can but, I don't know how to fix them. I'll post half-done and 'done' images.
gs3L6u9.png

VldF79y.jpg
There's an intentional RGB noise effect in play. thank u @Dust for the reframing idea

non-grain version
mcp_pamphlet2nongrain.png

image0.jpg

xenonautsattemptmatbright.png

xenonautsattemptshitlight.png

I was really trying for that xenonauts homescreen

2560_1440.png

but it fell flat. i liked the miniatures though. I wasn't happy with the make and materials and props and then when it came to just 'ugh might as well try lighting' i was bummed out cause idk how to light lol and it changed their faces a lot with the light. this was done in may and it was my 2nd serious attempt at posing / scenebuilding and its p abandoned cause yeah.

big green was a greenscreening of a map or something.

i like the middle guys face that was about it.

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hi. I'm pretty uninvolved in the creative scene of garry's mod or, anything ever so mind me, if this thread dies cause I don't frequent it, I definitely lost interest in art. cause fuck art. im not an artist.

Anyhow. The title 'help me do better' REALLY means please, please, PLEASE criticize and find flaws WITH comments on how to fix it, cause yeah I can point out some flaws of course I can but, I don't know how to fix them. I'll post half-done and 'done' images.

9xuXtZi.png
There's an intentional dithering effect applied to the image to sort of resemble the old timey paper print effect in the reference, not a bug with the render or gimp or some shit, or a low res image.
image0.jpg

Thoughts?

you need to facepose the main guy, he seems to be neutral-posed and not really concentrating

and his eyepose makes it look less like a sideways glance and more like he's full-on staring at the camera

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
you need to facepose the main guy, he seems to be neutral-posed and not really concentrating

and his eyepose makes it look less like a sideways glance and more like he's full-on staring at the camera

yeah. so an issue with @Hiros cop models is definitely the lack of facemorph or whatever you call it, cause it cannot blink, droop, do anything on that main guy. Imagine figuring that out after you decide him to be the centerpiece. i can only move his mouth.

definitely something that irks me.

eye stare is something i can definitely fix though.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah. so an issue with @Hiros cop models is definitely the lack of facemorph or whatever you call it, cause it cannot blink, droop, do anything on that main guy. Imagine figuring that out after you decide him to be the centerpiece. i can only move his mouth.

shrink the head, put a normal citizen head in its place

Hiros

Who ?
Nebulae

I didn't made those, it was @Manio

But to critism I would position the weapon to the eye level unless that CP wants to spray and pray. Other than that I think it's good

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I didn't made those, it was @Manio

lol I'm a fuckup, my bad. I misremembered you cause you did proselytes. <3

But to critism I would position the weapon to the eye level unless that CP wants to spray and pray. Other than that I think it's good

yeah I tried for this initially, reference being moreinline with it but proportions for the MP7 kicked my ass

@MaXenzie how do you headhack, i have a miniature man with little legs and arms with a big head inside my ragdoll and i cannot imagine this is right

training10002.png

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I suggest purely for aesthetic purposes to make the CP on the left in the bottom image have his left shoulder toward the hostage and the right away from. It could bring a better feel of the image being taken as to show off their capture

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I suggest purely for aesthetic purposes to make the CP on the left in the bottom image have his left shoulder toward the hostage and the right away from. It could bring a better feel of the image being taken as to show off their capture

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah fuuuuuuck

yeah thats not a bad idea but im done with it for a bit cause ive been up for like 18 hours kinda just thinking about this, im prob ok with what i got now and theres not much room to grow (especially since its a map with baked in lighting so not much progress can be done)

thank u tho

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
pretty cool, i like it and i like the style

little thing though, you might wanna move the first cop’s firing hand up a little, the trigger is completely uncovered

unless that’s intentional idk

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
pretty cool, i like it and i like the style

little thing though, you might wanna move the first cop’s firing hand up a little, the trigger is completely uncovered

unless that’s intentional idk

i forgot to mvoe his finger im a RETARD

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Despite the fact my instinctive urge is to dropkick you this is actually really well made dude.

I don't have much to add but it feels like the two cops with the hostage almost feel like they're in a default pose? I'm not sure what it is, it just looks a little off to me.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Despite the fact my instinctive urge is to dropkick you this is actually really well made dude.

I don't have much to add but it feels like the two cops with the hostage almost feel like they're in a default pose? I'm not sure what it is, it just looks a little off to me.
The default pose you feel is when cops crouch

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

make the model invisible, spawn a duplicate model, advanced bone tool it to make the head invisible, then bonemerge it, then download the citizen head addon, facepose it, then bonemerge it :)

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae

old attempt at an xenonauts themed poster, like done in the month of may and my 2nd serious posing attempt yet i gave up cause shiny suits, mat-specular bugs, world material bug, a lot of things. this ones just abandoned.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

old attempt at an xenonauts themed poster, like may and my 2nd serious posing attempt yet i gave up cause shiny suits, mat-specular bugs, world material bug, a lot of things. this ones just abandoned.

i actually think this one could be amazing if given some dynamic lighting