Serious Possible ideas from the Half Life: Alyx trailer that could be used on the server or for inspiration

Discussion in 'Half-Life 2 Roleplay' started by Mute, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Mute

Mute `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    So there's a lot of cool stuff from the trailers and I just wanted to talk about it more, here's some cool stuff that might be cool to see if we ever get around to it or if the lore gets re-written or if some of the whacko event makers want to do an event set in early occupation

The Citadel
    [​IMG]
    We now know at least how the Citadel looked during its construction, there's also a shit ton more cables attached to it but nothing really notable about it, still cool

Floating Spaceship
    [​IMG]
    From the trailer we don't really know too much about it, but could possibly be used in an event or something?

Alyx' Pipe Gun
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pretty cool weapon, could possibly be used as a rebel weapon, maybe lower tier or something, pretty strong at close range because I assume it uses some sort of shotgun ammo, I remember pipe guns being in the works a while ago not sure what happened to them, would love to see them as a staple rebel weapon now.

Overwatch Grenade
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alyx stole it off an OTA in the trailer and it looks like a tape measure, probably a replacement for the grenade so it feels/controls better in the players hand rather than it being a cylinder but still cool nonetheless, could be interesting

Stunstick
    [​IMG]
    I honestly prefer this stunstick way more, I really wish we had something similar to it, looks more like a fucking club that you use to beat people to death which is basically what CPs do, but I really like the design

AR2(?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The OTA/Soldiers gun seems to have gotten a re-design, I love both models (old ar and new ar) they look pretty cool but I fucking love the HL Beta so I gotta go with these guns.

Flamethrower(?)
    [​IMG]
    This soldier is carrying something on his back that looks like a fuel tank hooked up to his gun, honestly it could be the AR but it looks like something new to me? Could maybe be a flamethrower or something?

Holograms
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Holograms seem to be in use now, even by rebels, I know UIL used holograms and C08 uses a lot of them but it's pretty cool to have them be an actual thing now, the rebel guy with Alyx also controls it by just waving his hands around it so it probably uses sensors or something?
    (I dont think holograms were ever used in HL previously but I might be wrong)

Medigel/Grubs

[​IMG]
    We now know where Medigel comes from, could be cool to see antlion grub farms or something operated by the CWU in the outlands? Interesting shift ideas, lore ideas maybe raids on them in expeditions, still pretty cool.

New Xenian 1(?)
    [​IMG]
    Not too sure what this is? Kinda looks like a facehugger. Alyx seems to be chasing it in the opening.

New Xenian 2(?)
    [​IMG]
    Looks like a hand/tentacle attached to something? Don’t think it’s a gonome. Might be a new creature aswell.

Soldiers/OTA
    [​IMG]
    There seems to be a large focus on OTA now compared to HL2 mainly using cops until the later levels, I assume they are OTA but they could very well just be soldiers, they carry backpacks and seem to be reminiscent of the beta soldiers before Valve scrapped the ideas, still cool. Also there is a Scanner inside, we could probably send scanners in during block searches? Maybe make them more resilient to being jumped on or squished to make it work.

Ē̵̜͔͐͂̀͜l̴̨͖̱͗͂͝ẹ̸̱͝c̴̮̺̼̠̎ẗ̵̢̖̻̀ŗ̵̙́̏̀̓i̶͕͒̆͋c̶̜̮͆́͊̑i̴̡̝͖͍͛͌̾ț̸̬̪̗̿͝y̵̟̌̍ ̸̩̹̤́͜Z̵̘͎̮͉̈̕ó̷̙̘͋̍͛m̵̛̟b̵̡̈́̌̓ͅī̸̭̘̆̍e̴̢͇̙̓́
    [​IMG]
    FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

New Bumpy Zombie/Headcrab(?)
    [​IMG]
    Saturation boosted a bit to get a better view
    Not too sure what it does, the spikes make me think that maybe it releases toxic gasses or something when you get close to it?

Platform Strider

[​IMG]
    A strider with a platform that things can stand on, not much else to it but it does have some additional augmenting done to its legs and it seems to have another paintjob

All other enemies pretty much look the same but in HD

Tell me if I should add something or you see something that's wrong, hope this thread helps give you some inspiration/ideas​

#1 Mute, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 18
  2. Makker

Makker Needs More Mercy

Nebulae:
    Of-course Alyx gets pipe weapons and we don't

I was surprised by the HL trailer. I still am not a fan about the whole VR thing, but I said that if this game brought more lore to the setting then I will give it a pass.

It gets big fat pass. Love the thread too :grinning:
    Merged:
    Also, this trailer shoots down a few of Nebulous' lore, but there isn't much retconning needed that affects the server. It actually adds a whole lot more depth to it

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  3. shia

shia the freakster

Nebulae:
    initially that reminded me of a cut shell but given there's two pieces of brass there, one in the back and one in the middle, you could say it's valve's excuse for why you can shoot two shells at once when using a SPAS (does that make any sense? nah, but it's the closest thing i can think of unless they've never even see a shotgun shell before)

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  4. Makker

Makker Needs More Mercy

Nebulae:
    oh shit the OTA sounds russian

5. Simman102

Simman102 the bad apple
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I doubt there's much we could actually implement in-game, given we're kinda a Post-HL2 setting and:
    It's early occupation so unless we turn the lore back by like 13 years, most we could see would be some changes to the lore docs

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  6. Mute

Mute `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    @Rabid said he is most likely gonna make some changes when the game comes out, still new lore stuff would be cool

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  7. Dingtard

Dingtard Molecule

Nebulae:
    Im really feeling strange because of the voice actors that sound different from HL2, Im also feeling odd due to the Strider and OTA looking different

8. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Most of what we got wrong lore wise (that we know of) was based on information from Raising The Bar which came out back in 2004 and what little we had to go off of on what the invasion/early occupation was like came from that and/or tidbits Laidlaw dropped. I absolutely do not mind we're getting an actual look into things earlier on in the timeline (dunno how early but it can't be more than a decade or so).

Alyx was a kid by the time of Black Mesa and she's only in her 20's during HL2, for reference. That sort of sets it at 5-10 years before HL2 and after the war.

As for weapons and stuff, same deal; most of it is early-occupation stuff which is neat, but some stuff is clearly finalised (Hunter Choppers) or likely used for Construction (white Striders).

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  9. afric

afric `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    ultra rich loyalist safari on the back of a disarmed strider

• nebulous nebulous x 19
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jaf

Jaf Thanks, I hate it

Nebulae:
    HL2: Reboot
    HL2 Server taking place during the early days of combine rule, bootstrap combine soldiers and with everything to win or lose.

Or you know, continue what you're doing right now. That's good too.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  11. Chicken

Chicken Nihilanth
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    You know as someone who continuously forgot that medigel exists, this feels like a moment of 'how did we never connect the dots ourselves'

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  12. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I remember the common theory back on LP was it was some shit that could give you cancer if you used it too much.

Also kinda disproves you can't drink it, because Vorts eat the stuff.

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  13. Chicken

Chicken Nihilanth
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    Genuinely how did we never make the connection considering they both are gel-like substances

Also I wouldn't say it's made for digestion unless for very specific treatment. It's mostly used for direct applicstion to the wound.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  14. afric

afric `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    medigel is such a cop out with medrp

much like halos foam thing

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  15. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

New Xenian thing too. Also the giant worm thing later on in the trailer.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  16. Mute

Mute `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    cant really make out what that is, will look into it in a bit though can you give me a timestamp? for this and the worm if you can

17. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    During the intro before the headcrab attacks, Alyx is chasing this... thing, whatever it is. You'll see it in the section before the Headcrab leaps at her.

The worm is 1:16.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  18. Chicken

Chicken Nihilanth
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    Honestly, if the gameplay is true to the trailer, then this is gonna be a very good title for VR games. I don't think it'd have too much of an effect gameplay-wise if it wasn't VR, and would've just been another generic shooter just with a Half-Life packaging around it.

Let's be honest, who plays Half-Life for the gunplay?
    Merged:
    [​IMG]

Looks more like a Zombie hand to me. Still, an official HD Gonome model would be sick as fuck.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  19. dallahan

dallahan a bad memer
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    new crab btw if youve noticed
    [​IMG]

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  20. Mute

Mute `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    I did but someone mentioned it might be a poison zombie? Looking at them now they dont have the spikes, I'll add it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice