1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HL2RP Powergame Events

Discussion in 'Abuse Reports' started by swagile, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swagile

swagile Molecule

Nebulae:
    Your Steam Name: swagile
    Your Steam ID: n/a

Server: hl2rp
    Steam/Forum Name (Tag them with @ before their name): @Whilty
    Server Directors of Server: @Blackquill

Reason for Request: Using events to powergame me into injuries that I wouldn't realistically sustain because they do not like me OOCly. Note that I vaulted a balcony bar as a CWU worker who is realistically fed better (blue tier) than normal citizens + I was climbing down the rations machine area.
    Time of Occurence: Today, now.
    Evidence:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any additional members involved: @Numbers @Shazzy

2. Whilty

Whilty Woh
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    1. I hope you realize that me saying I don't like CWU was a joke, if I didn't like the faction I wouldn't have sticked with it for a year and become a lead, both in LemonPunch and Nebulous. If that offended you I'm sorry, but it really was tongue-in-cheek.

Moving on;
    @Slim explicitly stated that he does not mind injuries being powergamed in this thread, one would assume that when you attempt to descend from a balcony at quite the height across uneven terrain, absent of any form of handrail to grab onto there is a chance you may fall:
    [​IMG]

There is an incredibly good chance that, as described you would not be able to maneuver across such a platform if you took the logical course to step to the nearest object, which happens to be shaped like this:

[​IMG]

Furthermore, I neither killed nor permanently harmed your character. You lost a small section of your tongue, hell if you didn't want to acknowledge it after your treatment that's probably going to pass. You are a malnourished citizen, none of these were small jumps and none of these were a decent alternative. If you genuinely have an issue with this, then I'm willing to void it, otherwise considering that by the time you read this your treatment RP is probably done, just don't bother roleplaying it.

3. Knight

Knight `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    This is hardly really even much of an inconvenience, nor does it warrant something as extreme as an abuse report. You did try leaping off of a balcony and landing roughly 15 feet or so, I think it'd be fair to say from an IC standpoint you'd be hurt.

4. swagile

swagile Molecule

Nebulae:
    Abuse reports don't have to be for "OMG A SA SPAWNED A RPG AND BLEW EVERYONE IN THE NEXUS UP!!!!!!", so I don't get where your getting this "extreme" part from? This is merely what I believe to be misconduct by a SA forcing actions upon my character hence I put a report up.

1. Im not a pleb citizen with barely any nourishment, im a blue tier who eats at least semi-decent food. Doesn't make me buff, but nor does it make me a weakling. On top of that, as a CWU engineer, we're entrusted with doing a lot more physical and mental activities such as fixing generators, gas pipes, etc. so we have a lot of coordination ability.

2. I did not attempt to just jump down one story without any difference; I merely tried to clamber down, as you've shown in the screenshots, the area's provided. If you attempted at all to perhaps give me a chance through either a roll, or using a tool, to stay up that would be acceptable but instead you both forced my fall + forced my injuries. This, I believe, isn't proper unless you don't trust me as a roleplayer to deal with the events you put out.

Again, it wasn't the event that I am bothered with, it was the way it was handled where there was literally 0 I, as a player, could influence. You could have replaced me with a NPC and nothing would change. That is my argument here.

• Dumb Truck Dumb Truck x 1
  5. Whilty

Whilty Woh

Nebulae:
    So if you're doing all this work, how do you expect me to believe you sustain yourself on 1875kcal per day, fixing a generator doesn't make you an acrobat.

You tried to climb down yes, and you failed in doing so because I deemed what you were doing to be an unrealistic stretch of your abilities as a citizen who is barely fed enough to survive. I provided you with the fall and injuries yes, but I did not dictate how your character was to respond to this or if they were truly as it seems -- hence describing your state as being "likely", rather than certainly or definitely. Quite frankly, this is being blown massively out of proportion, you had the opportunity to react to your injuries as well as the opportunity to deny help from others. I understand your point of view, and it was my understanding that you would not have an issue with such a scenario, but in all honesty this is incredibly inconsequential towards the development of your character.

6. Slim

Slim `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Christ guys

Just void the injuries and be done with it, who honestly cares this much. I've talked w/ him in private about this, and it won't happen again. The report's good, and I encourage you to make them, but with something like this there's not much more we can do to handle it.

7. Numbers

Numbers ok

Nebulae:
    I'm not involved at all, I disconnected ages ago.

8. Anthrax_PL

Anthrax_PL Electron

Nebulae:

He said in the thread no one will be pked.

If they die, they will just be NLR'd like nothing happend.

9. Nicrobe

Nicrobe Lord of Ineptitude
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    Wheatley's a Senior Administrator, and he has the experience and rights needed in order to change, affect or otherwise force RP situations on others. This is not abuse, it is simply an SA doing what an SA can do. Just because it wasn't something in your favour does not make it abuse.

10. Whilty

Whilty Woh

Nebulae:
    I’d like to make clear no one was intended to die, nor did anyone die.

#10 Whilty, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  11. Anthrax_PL

Anthrax_PL Electron

Nebulae:
    Then why is this abuse report a thing.

12. Blackquill

Blackquill The Disappointed Server Director
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    I'm gonna deny this as I believe there was no abuse of power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.