Progress Update #2

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Updates for GTA RP will be posted in this category from now on - don't forget that you can get notified by alert/e-mail of new posts if you click watch forum. We've made a good amount of progress since the last post, with our development repo surpassing our HL2 RP repo in number of commits! Gameplay systems are being fleshed out and polished as we're starting to wire them together into a more cohesive experience.

Keep in mind that everything you see is a work in progress! Things will change; you might see some temporary programmer art or unsquashed bugs.

HUD
Know the status of your character at a glance: health, stamina, hunger, thirst, voice radius, and ammo.

lX0K7hm.png

Auto Shop
Pull up to your local Benny's and make your car stand out. You'll need to find someone with expertise to do some proper tuning, though...

Minigames
We've definitely grown past "press X to steal".

Phone
A marvel of modern technology, and not at all bad for your mental health.

Jobs
Money is money, and sometimes you just ain't got it.

World Interaction
Sit on a bench! Punch a stranger! Get sentenced to 4 years in prison! The possibilities are endless!

Inventory
Weight is now fully implemented along with drag 'n' drop previewing. I'd like to see you try and fit 18 rifles in your pocket.

2IIL308mV_EG7HlDK0i92t1fh93a2vxbT0rmbKzxSjrqg2-Gg2cJl7cTdlfXIGE6hB1Bkf3Kgyhrh68RT9EooTKS-rzcSRYBJDXIwXPFrJyLKxklApfg-gg9jWXHN0Y5u9kHGrvR

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
Everything looks awesome guys.

If I could give just a little criticism the lock-picking "minigame" looks a little scuffed. I'd personally prefer something which looks more cartoonish or animated to fit the HUD rather than a PNG picture pulled in from elsewhere. Personal preference ofc.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Everything looks awesome guys.

If I could give just a little criticism the lock-picking "minigame" looks a little scuffed. I'd personally prefer something which looks more cartoonish or animated to fit the HUD rather than a PNG picture pulled in from elsewhere. Personal preference ofc.
The minigame visuals we have are a placeholder - it'll fit in a lot better by the next update :~)
cool but use RageMP
no

Reactions: List

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
Auto Shop
Pull up to your local Benny's and make your car stand out. You'll need to find someone with expertise to do some proper tuning, though...
Is there gonna be anti-theft purchasable upgrades, such as a limited range tracker or immobiliser that increases in range per upgrade? I think that'd be pretty epic

Nebulae
cool but I need a microphone to play

while I will very much be running with a mic I think it's wise to incorporate some kind of local chat for minority text players

nobody wants to be degenerate grinding resources at 2am and have to talk to the person that's robbing you on VC lol

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Items won't use more than a single grid slot so no inventory tetris.

what made you choose this system over the tetris style gameplay? I personally enjoy tetris a lot