Progress Update #3

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
It's finally update time! We've decided to start polishing off some features to the point we can consider them "basically done". Finishing the last 20% of something takes much longer than we thought...

Our main focus areas for this update includes phone apps, the banking system, and items. You'll be interacting with every one of these pretty often, so it's important that we get them working smoothly.

As always, what you see here is still a work in progress. Get notified of future updates by watching this forum!

Messaging
Contacts and messages. The cornerstone of any mobile device.

Banking
Our banking system is now fully functional and supports different currency types. All bank transactions are saved and can be potentially viewed by law enforcement, so you might want to stick to cash for certain things.

Taxi
Need a ride? Maybe some easy cash? The taxi app is for you. Just remember that you're on the hook for making sure you get your money.

Items
It's the core of the roleplay experience, so it deserves some love.

Item Shop
If you're suffering from idle hands, you can always head on over to the convenience store and grab some FDA-approved cigarettes.

Usability
Items now have icons, stacks of items can be split, and items can be dropped on the ground so others can pick them up. The hotbar will peek itself when you use items, and interactable items will tell you why they might be unusable.

Deployables
Law enforcement will have various tools at their disposal to help tackle the inevitable high-speed chase.

Accessibility
We want as many people as possible to play, and be comfortable doing so. We're adding a few accessibility options to try and facilitate this. Please let us know of other things that we can try and accomodate (or if our colourblind options aren't quite right; none of the development team is actually colourblind!)

2IIL308mV_EG7HlDK0i92t1fh93a2vxbT0rmbKzxSjrqg2-Gg2cJl7cTdlfXIGE6hB1Bkf3Kgyhrh68RT9EooTKS-rzcSRYBJDXIwXPFrJyLKxklApfg-gg9jWXHN0Y5u9kHGrvR

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
idk if this already has been asked/answered but what are the potential premium benefits for gtarp, if any are planned at the current stage

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Forgive me as I'm not massively up to date with the goings on of the GTA 5 roleplay development plans, but with the shopping thing for stores will there be an option/way for players to own/run stores, stock them with their own choice of stuff, set their own prices, etc? It'd just be cool to actually do all that yourself instead of just purely relying on NPC's.

Also, for dropping stuff on the ground, I imagine the circle is a placeholder, or just part of the greater plan, but do you intend to implement a preview of what is on the ground, i.e: if you drop a gun, it shows the gun model on the ground, or just maybe like a backpack or the like? I'd say keep the circle with the preview, just for visibility sake, but likewise the circle alone wouldn't necessarily be enough to catch the eye in some circumstances.

As for everything else though, amazing work. I like that the NPC's didn't trigger the spike trap, so that way the players wouldn't necessarily notice the trap's placement, and it's good that they don't trigger it and end up getting in the way of a police roadblock, y'know?

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
but with the shopping thing for stores will there be an option/way for players to own/run stores, stock them with their own choice of stuff, set their own prices, etc?
Yes, definitely.

The general store is just for typical daily items, businesses will have more tailored items.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also, for dropping stuff on the ground, I imagine the circle is a placeholder, or just part of the greater plan, but do you intend to implement a preview of what is on the ground, i.e: if you drop a gun, it shows the gun model on the ground, or just maybe like a backpack or the like? I'd say keep the circle with the preview, just for visibility sake, but likewise the circle alone wouldn't necessarily be enough to catch the eye in some circumstances.
I think showing the actual item could lead to a pretty big hit to performance, especially if its a modded item thats higher poly/higher texture resolution, considering that there'll be however many people dropping stuff all the time

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think showing the actual item could lead to a pretty big hit to performance, especially if its a modded item thats higher poly/higher texture resolution, considering that there'll be however many people dropping stuff all the time
Creating physics props isn't anywhere near as simple in GTA as with Source, it will likely stay as a marker but may be reduced to a smaller one.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Perhaps, but it could be critical in moments such as a hostage situation, for instance, to see that the guy holding the hostages has actually dropped his weapons on the ground over a couple bags of chips. I guess I could be overthinking it and thinking too deeply into what could probably be resolved on an admin level, but still, y'know?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Creating physics props isn't anywhere near as simple in GTA as with Source, it will likely stay as a marker but may be reduced to a smaller one.
Doesn't GTA have inbuilt stuff for pickups? Floating and flashing weapons, parachutes, etc? It's been a while for me but I'm fairly sure that's a thing. Could maybe use the parachute one as a backpack or something?

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Perhaps, but it could be critical in moments such as a hostage situation, for instance, to see that the guy holding the hostages has actually dropped his weapons on the ground over a couple bags of chips. I guess I could be overthinking it and thinking too deeply into what could probably be resolved on an admin level, but still, y'know?
imagine thinking a hostage taker will surrender
if he has a circle under his feet and hes not holding a gun then you just gotta assume he dropped it. if he secretly put it away then sheesh guess you gotta deal with a shootout
[doublepost=1649713615][/doublepost]
Doesn't GTA have inbuilt stuff for pickups? Floating and flashing weapons, parachutes, etc? It's been a while for me but I'm fairly sure that's a thing. Could maybe use the parachute one as a backpack or something?
thats for regular gta, but their pickups on fivem are vastly different

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
You would visually see the weapon no longer in the players hands, I don't think it's going to be an issue. The worst outcome would be them lying, which could be considered power gaming, getting shot as a result and still arrested with an additional charge.