HL2RP Pumpkin S2Ks everyone while ignoring timescale

Discussion in 'Abuse Reports' started by Roman Loaded, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RabidMaggot93

RabidMaggot93 `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Not involved but you forgot biosignals - you stab the guy in the neck and he dies you'll have cops flooding towards your location IC and putting you on a timer.

2. K4E

K4E Atom
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Only going to post this considering I'm semi-involved in the gang and i've been getting told about it all morning;

How would Pumpkin and the other involved parties feel in just dropping this entire abuse request and redoing the situation and unPKing these lads temporarily for the redo?

If they manage to survive and escape with a gun so be it, if they die again then they get PK'd.

Both parties are in the wrong here, Pumpkin for S2King and our side for causing a hissy fit and we apologise sincerely to Pumpkin here for it.

In my opinion it's probably the way to cause the least arguments and hissy fits on the forums, opinions?

3. shibe

shibe Molecule

Nebulae:
    Forgot about that, then again I'm pretty sure we'd all dip as soon as we had killed the copperman

4. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Manifesto of depression
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Sorry to say but i'd rather not engage in a re-do, especially after how everyone was treated it left a sour taste in my mouth to even contemplate re-doing the situation.
    I'd rather receive whatever punishment for whatever "abuse" it might have been that I've done.

5. shibe

shibe Molecule

Nebulae:
    Please don't tell me that you were buddy-buddy in the situation cause the only thing you did at the time was telling us one singular time to 'shut up', to which we insulted you. If you really wanted to solve it at that time you'd intervene quicklier and would've told both the cops and us your solution. It's very hard to understand that you want to solve shit when all we hear is "GET IC" and "shut up" from all the cops.

6. Pumpkin

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    And prior to that, you were already insulting us, calling us nerds the second we arrive, and that you all refuse to continue unless we "fuck off" - so if anything telling you lot to shut up is actually rather nice compared to what we got thrown at us, but once more i'll digress.
    I'd rather receive punishment for my supposed abuse, than give you lot the light of day for a re-do.
    Perhaps keep it as a learning point that you won't always get your way by strong-arming situations, I learned that a while ago.

7. shibe

shibe Molecule

Nebulae:
    Grasping at straws. I very much doubt you take "Delete your existence nerds" as a serious insult, it's on the same level as "Go commit die". If it helps, the guy who said that didn't mean it at all.

I mean you are the one here that took LOOC into IC. You WANTED to follow timescale like you said but because we threw 2 insults at you, you didn't and instead shot us all.

8. Pumpkin

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Alright Shibe.

9. RabidMaggot93

RabidMaggot93 `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    I mean yeah but man c'mon you say it isn't bad yet you respond to "shut up" with "Fuck off Pumpkin" and "Fuck you Pumpkin a worthless piece of bias shit". If a staff member spoke to a player that way you bet your ass it'd be blown up worse than anything.

You can't tell me you couldn't have waited like five more seconds to let him continue instead of hurling insults and shit in his direction.

Not that I support him throwing his hands up and forcing a PK on the situation when he'd agreed to timescale, but still.

10. Jarmal

Jarmal Proton

Nebulae:
    The guy who insulted you is a new player by the way, if that helps the situation...

11. Pumpkin

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I'm sorry that it actually requires thought processing to come up with a worthwhile solution, which as the video proves, took around 2 minutes for me to come up with an idea - it also doesn't help when LOOC keeps getting spammed, distracting everyone, being taunted and antagonized.
    And when i'm about to propose a solution, I already get called biased, told to fuck off, so why should I bother for ungrateful and entitled individuals such like yourself.
    Dispatch told me to shoot you all, considering you all refused to get IC, so I followed my orders considering we were all still IC but your group.

I really fail to see, where I was wrong.

12. Roman Loaded

Roman Loaded Molecule

Nebulae:
    Yeah well that's the significance of the powergamed shots, dispatch would've already been all "confirm 34S", another reason I got ticked off that that happened, cause it was sending cops to our location regardless, especially annoying when the cop STILL iron manned knowing they'd be tagged auto and that their boys were on the way.

I actually said "fuck you Pumpkin" as from what I saw it was literally a huge bias bumrush of cops allowing us to sit there for only TWO /mes before they S2Ked us as their friend continues to stall and iron man his way through getting stabbed in the neck by a ginormous psycho knife, surely you can see how this'd cause frustration, what I don't see is how an Admin on the server could be so blind as to be offended by the situation when everyone knows full well this is how most mugs go because cops think they're Judge Dredd or something.

I'm sorry man, but @Willaroob has SIX bloody messages on the forums, don't expect him to be the best at refraining from flame and roleplaying, getting people banned over this kinda shit, especially a new player calling someone a "nerd" and asking them to "delete their existence" wouldn't have given me more than a snort or a giggle back in my staff days, at least focus on the two lines from Shibe and myself, which we of course already apologised for DESPITE the fact that I know you wouldn't accept that as a means of coming to a middle ground on this, I just want to point out that Willaroob doesn't deserve to be shit on.

I mean it also doesn't help for someone's ig stress levels when they get ironman'd in a mug and then three cops show up out of fuck off nowhere, put yourself in our shoes and understand how from our perspective as rebel players this could look like cut copy Union bias. Nobody wants to go back to the days where you try and mug a cop and all of a sudden there's like twelve other federales just chilling, if you'd take a moment to properly guage the situation and contributed anything to the conversation and "spam" in LOOC besides "shut up" then perhaps my people, already stressed as shit wouldn't have lashed out.

You were going to let us get away in your head but you never mentioned that, it shouldn't take two minutes to see that we're a new gang and stressed as fuck. There's a difference between "thinking" you're going to do something and what you actually do, any adult should know that, it's as if you're not holding yourself responsible for completely ignoring OOC timescale and shooting four characters then laughing about it IC moments later.

ON THE SUBJECT OF THROWAWAYS, which is something you all seem really keen to throw around, only one of the characters in question was less than 24 hours old at the time, and two of us had previously attempted a raid on the CWU together and another was our IC friend, the third was @shibe who as he stated signed up to the group on a new character through my IC recruitment roleplay document on this very forum.

I've had 'Padre' for about a week, Ernie @comradic is someone I met a couple days back as is Jackson Davis @Willaroob who as mentioned took part with me in a previous raid and was that raid's sole survivor, both these characters are certainly older than 48 hours and I met them IC. I told everyone who got PKed in the botched CWU raid yesterday who still wanted to be a part of the group that they could sign up on the RP doc and make a new character, though I stressed that they COULDN'T take part in any of our muggings etcetera as I thought that'd actually be throwaway violation. At the end of the day even if @shibe wasn't with us on Angel, I'd have still been able to stab that cop in the neck, and Ernie and Jackson would have still been able to batter the other one with their suitcases full of wet sandbags and bricks.

Really if you are gonna vehemently deny that you ignored timescale and that S2King us all was the smart and right thing to do because "dispatch told me" which is also part of a faction that you manage (lol) then you're gonna have to at least have my friends UNPKed and either have SAs give us the stuff we'd have had if your faction had chosen to roleplay correctly or give us a redo, it's simple as.

Apart from that, it's clear Dispatch itself was ignoring timescale, her orders were for a terminal verdict, but that doesn't give you a right to S2K us without a reaction during LOOC discussion no matter how heated it gets, and from the video Angel posted it's clear that most of you didn't have a lot of respect for us OOCly in that situation and weren't thinking maturely whatsoever. It kinda offended me that you all burst out laughing in TS the moment Pumpkin S2Ked us all against the rules as if as long as a more senior community member does it, it's completely alright.

This shouldn't be the case at all, I was attempting personally to approach the situation with the utmost seriousness from the getgo, only to be powergamed, laughed at in TS, S2Ked and PKed all by a faction whose internal workings clearly need a strong looking at. Needless to say you don't sound so solidly offended in the video, remaining relatively quiet throughout, it's as if you were just bored of the situation, and took the fact that we were stressed out and the couple insults we threw out to S2K us out of the blue on the grounds we'd upset you.

#52 Roman Loaded, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  13. Pumpkin

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I didn't do anything, wrong, again.
    You were stalling + flaming, I'd say the Dispatcher was completely in their right to enforce people to get IC.
    Oh, and I wasn't in TS.
    I'm pretty sure you were the lot that powergamed initially, and starter flaming for no reason, and whatever your prerogative is doesn't change anything, if anything you need a strong looking at yourself.
    I didn't S2K you over insults, I s2k'd you on the orders of Dispatch, which I agree with considering you lot were stalling, refusing to get IC, refusing to hear me out, all from the very beginning - so yeah, I did get bored of the situation cause no matter what it was quite clear you lot weren't going to shape up, cause every fight ever results in paragraphs of LOOC, what comes around goes around pal.
    I full well knew that if anything in that situation didn't go the way YOU wanted it to go, there would be complaints on the CCC thread, ban requests, abuse reports, ironically enough, the last two have already happened.

I don't really think you're entitled to make those demands buddy.

14. Roman Loaded

Roman Loaded Molecule

Nebulae:
    Yes you did, you totally ignored the timescale that you agreed to, got mad at an LOOC shitstorm and S2Ked us, regardless of whether you were in TS or not the video demonstrates the reaction of those in your faction to you blatantly breaking the rules as if it's an everyday occurrence and funny. My prerogative was to get you to notice what the hell you were doing wrong in the first place, which you continue to vehemently deny, my prerogative was that I was mad that you literally had nothing more to contribute to the situation other than the words "shut up", how do I know you were thinking of a solution? I can't see into your head man, not everyone is a reflection of your inner thoughts and ego lmao, from where we were having you, the most senior staff member in the situation say "shut up" looked to us as if you were going along with the bias status quo, you know full well you walked into any flame you received due to the way you acted.

Yes I was totally the one who powergamed initially, not the cop that survived two knife wounds to the neck one after the other, the first by dodging then SHOOTING THE GROUND and the other by LITERALLY PUTTING HIS HAND OUT AND BRUCE LEE GRABBING MY KNIFE AND EMOTING SHOOTING ME IN THE STOMACH WITH HIS GUN THAT HAD A GUY PULLING ON IT, this isn't the house of flying daggers it's serious roleplay. I didn't actually initiate the paragraphs of LOOC this time, moreso attempted to talk the cop we were mugging out of powergame, then you guys showed up and of course everyone got pissed off, in fact I don't remember a time I spat more than twenty words in LOOC. You didn't give us any indication that we were to shape up or that the situation was going to improve besides "shut up" I don't get how you don't realise that isn't the correct way to cool off a heated social situation, you actively threw gasoline right on top of the fire with that one. The term "shut up" can be construed in a number of different contexts, anyone with a brain knows that usually it's pretty much a means of ignoring/belittling someone's opinion, so of course we retorted.

Of course there's going to be abuse reports and ban requests if you literally S2K four people out of the blue for being mad at you, an admin, for ignoring the rules. There's no other way to take it up other than an abuse report. I am entitled to make those demands as I'm defending my side of the story and that's what I believe would be an applicable result.
    Merged:
    Also you literally can't seem to decide whether you S2Ked us over Dispatch's orders or because you were mad and felt insulted, I'm assuming it's the latter though, simply because it's what you said first and you further morphed your argument to be correct as time's gone by in this report.

15. Pumpkin

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    How can I break timescale if you all refuse to roleplay?
    And I will continue to deny any wrong-doing, since I didn't do anything wrong.
    Well, I guess I should apologize for the fact the server is meant to be slow-paced and relaxed, and that two minutes of incoherent spam in LOOC only makes it harder for me to get a word, it's not my fault you keep spamming and fail to see what I had said beforehand.
    I'm not saying you can, but if you were to not freak out over every little thing not going your way you might actually start thinking straight at some point, and consider that not everyone is out to get you.
    But we already got flamed the second we arrived and before I even said anything.
    https://nebulous.cloud/threads/fat-ban-request.37006/
    And for the latter part, maybe consider that this is a game on the internet, there's no point getting heated, your thoughts become irrational, you say random shit, and only aggravate more people, how is that on me that you get angry that the situation isn't currently going in your favor, even though nothing was said yet, and your first instinct is to verbally assault those that arrive.
    Then I have no words for you man, I wish you good luck with the abuse report and further endeavors on the server.
    Merged:
    I said it wasn't chivalrous?

16. Roman Loaded

Roman Loaded Molecule

Nebulae:
    We weren't refusing to roleplay, in fact I didn't even insult you until you literally told us to shut up. Your primary wrongdoing wasn't just ignoring timescale, it was S2King everyone out of the blue. I didn't really know it was you till you spoke like once in LOOC, the first thing you said being "okay how about this, shut up", meanwhile I was trying to sort out the powergaming cop in LOOC, which I believe you should've been able to notice, my initial reaction, much like yourself was to attempt to find a reasonable conclusion, so I guess we both got confused by one another generally being abrasive in LOOC, from where I stood it looked like you'd just heated me as I was trying to solve a situation, and from where you were my reaction must've seemed like a random lashing out, but in all honesty it wasn't.

What your eventual reaction to being ignored/undermined though, unlike my own, was to S2K everyone right out of the blue. I wasn't "freaking out" over something "little", a cop was powergaming and like three others showed up due to a /me that was part of said powergaming, I'd spent like a week writing up and waiting on all the necessary auths and it was all about to be thrown down the shitter by a rubbish cop and an admin that is too busy thinking up plans "in his head" to actually muster anything prior to being insulted besides the words I've repeated like twenty times over, so excuse me for not being the most civil of people during that LOOC argument, to write up all that shit and not even have the most basic of resistance groups or roleplay come to light from it really got on my nerves as well.

I'm not the one being irrational here, you say I wasn't being chivalrous but where's the chivalry in "shut up", treat other people with respect, and lose the air of superiority and perhaps you'll find your overall reputation as someone people enjoy talking to going up on the server. I love how people paint me in every ban request and appeal as a guy that thinks "everyone's out to get me" when I'm really just often the dude that gets wrapped up in some staff bullshit or shady situations and tries to get his way out of them with a little bit of logic rather than just accepting shitty staff practices and moving on.

17. 「R O M E O」

「R O M E O」 Electron

Nebulae:
    this is probably the last post im going to make on this report because at this point its just devolved into a childish 'he said she said' back and forth, and i can't be bothered to repeat myself or defend my actions for the umpteenth time

[​IMG]

i will not admit to any powergaming, or anything of the sort. my cop was on alert. the average reaction time for a human, as demonstrated above by a quick google search, is around 0.25, give or take. not to mention in situations of extreme fear and danger. you're saying it's powergame that i managed to dodge a knife that my unit was ALMOST expecting?

"but uh you can't move your body that fast"

i didn't need to move my entire body. unit only had to move his neck, or in this case, flinch, from the knife to avoid it puncturing the skin. especially when fear is introduced, i don't think it's that much of a stretch to think that a guy can react to a knife coming around the corner when he was already expecting something in the first place.

as for the "powergamed shots", as i said before, that doesn't change the situation. since my unit was caught by surprise, of course he's going to freak out a bit and fire impulsively. and it didn't even hit anybody. dispatch was already on sus due to radio silence, either way, cops were going to come to the location. what were you going to do to stop the gun from going off, anyway? reach your hand around and hold the slide while also trying to stab me? come on dude, just stop. you're grasping at straws.

i've been mugged in the past, and have p2led each time. people can testify to that. this was no different. since i didn't want to crumple over and die doesn't mean i powergamed. since the mug didn't go the way you wanted, it isn't powergame. it's not a bug, or a glitch. you can't blame anything. could my /mes be a little more detailed? sure, probably. but at the end of the day, i reacted accordingly, and to the best of my ability, given how the chat was being flooded by six different people.

18. Willaroob

Willaroob String

Nebulae:
    The delete your existance thing was a joke, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It was not meant to be taken seriously, this was prior to the flame war

19. Blackquill

Blackquill This, I know.
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    So, I've given this the twice over and I can honestly say that this situation is just a mess and really didn't need to unfold the way it did, but due to the actions of those involved; it did.

I am not looking to ban people, or solely blame one party in the conflict because to be honest, both sides messed up in one way or another. In the case of Pumpkin, he lost his cool and reacted poorly, if not justifiably after being insulted while trying to help. (A boat I have been in myself, many times). However he should have either taken a step back or gotten someone else to oversee in his place. That being said, no administration power was abused here; no commands or permissions were abused during the situation so I can't say punishment for that is warranted.

On the other side of the situation, those who escalated the situation with insults be it in game and on this very thread, have set a poor example of how roleplay is done on the server between players and how we resolve OOC conflicts that come up during roleplay scenarios. It is stated in the rules that we should try to keep things as IC as possible before we resort to using OOC as a means of halting the scenario or otherwise getting a different outcome. We have PMs and PK appeals for those at the end of the day

In the end, nobody was right and that is why I'm voiding the scenario that occured and I urge all involved parties to learn from this and take it into account the next time they find themselves in a similar scenario.

That's my verdict

Thread locked.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice