Accepted Randall Appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by blackopy, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackopy

blackopy Proton

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: blackopy
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22956

Character Name: Randall Pitchford
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Braňo♥

What Led To Your Character's Death?: Alleged Inaction
    Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: Well first of all I guess we could just say I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Basically I was walking around in the restricted block and then I saw some chick pull out a baseball bat, at that moment a scanner flew around the corner and then I proceed to just simply walk back towards the regular area of the map, moving specifically through the gate that leads to the ally way towards the Grotto. I was walking to head towards the city center, stopped briefly, specifically by the entrance of the ally near the apartments, to check a steam message, then when I got back I was apprehended by Civil Protection. I complied then proceed to ask OOCly why I was detained and they had said it was for inaction. The officer I had asked stated that there was a terminal in the ally way that I was going but when I checked back when I switched character after my death I spotted none. My character had no request device on him, again nor were there any terminals to request for any additional backup in the area. I don't understand how my character can preemptively be tagged, is there something that I did wrong?
    Date Of Occurrence: 13:18 30/5/19
    Evidence: Witnesses who testify?
    Other Players Involved: @Kiko
    Any Other Details: N/A

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  2. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    Hence why I waited a little bit when you got into the city before I confirmed your tag. Your tag is 182- inaction.

182 INACTION | Failure to immediately report any observed crimes at anti-civil activity level one or greater.

You failed to report:

94 WEAPON | Being in possession of any form of weapon that could be used to kill or seriously injure another.
    51B THREAT TO PROPERTY | Actively engaging in destructive behavior towards technology or resources, including scanners and other Union resources.

One could argue that we could also charge you with:

63S ILLEGAL IN OPERATION | Engaging in anti-civil activity as an accomplice to another. Includes providing aid or assistance to anti-citizens in any manner.

But I decided not to apply that charge.

Regardless, inaction is conspiracy, and both are terminal verdicts. You saw an anti-citizen holding a bat, and you were just standing there. When she started swinging the bat at the scanner, you chose to walk away. Wise, but you still failed to report it. When you went inside the city, I waited to see if you'd report it or not, and when it became clear that you had no intention of reporting it, that's when I applied the tag.

#2 Kiko, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 6
  3. blackopy

blackopy Proton

Nebulae:
    Where would have you liked me to report what I saw when I had no request device on me? I was heading towards the city centre.

4. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    there was a request terminal literally right next to you. and you just went in the other direction. after that, you just idled there. stop making stuff up

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. blackopy

blackopy Proton

Nebulae:
    There was no terminal right next to me, where I had stopped to briefly, was the entrance to the ally of the diordna, which that entire road that spans from the cinema to the shell beach gate. I was apprehended infront of the shell beach gate unable to go towards any terminal, and whichever officer that apprehended me can confirm that and so can anyone else, because there is no terminal in the ally I was in.

6. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. blackopy

blackopy Proton

Nebulae:
    Genuinely didn't see that I play in first person, otherwise I would have went up to it. You tagged me already, so even if I was to go up to the terminal the outcome would have been the same. By the time I got out of shift-tab I already had a cop running up to me anyway.

8. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    I told the cop in teamspeak to wait a little bit, to see if you would report it. then you went the other way and that's when he contained you. it became clear you weren't reporting it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. blackopy

blackopy Proton

Nebulae:
    I only went the other way because the only terminal that I remember of was the one thats infront of the ration place.

10. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    sucks to be you. that doesnt null the validity of your pk

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
  11. Appetite Ruining Kebab

Nebulae:
    have you considered that he might be walking away to find an officer?

yeah, maybe the terminal is more efficient, but do you really think a man who just saw somebody violently swing a bat is going to think rationally as they're running away from the scenario? it doesn't matter how he reports it, as long as he makes an effort to report it.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  12. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Especially if he was tagged in the time between getting near another terminal/officer after missing the first one.

Like c'mon. I can fly around the map and I didn't know that thing was there lmao

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  13. blackopy

blackopy Proton

Nebulae:
    It sure does, I've done the best I can to mitigate everything on pertaining to my point of view of the situation step-by-step. I hope that the administrator reviewing this appeal can put himself into my shoes and see why I would find this PK unjust.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  14. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    you were not going towards the center of the city to find a cop, you were mindlessly walking towards the beach gate, and that's when an officer came to you and told you to "hold it". stop trying to say 'I was going to report it', when you weren't. You were literally heading towards the beach gate.

15. Appetite Ruining Kebab

Nebulae:
    oh man, he didn't run panicking to the first well-hidden terminal within the 30 second timer i gave him, clearly he is a conspirator who deserves a bullet to the skull!

The point of Inaction is to prosecute people who allowed a crime to happen when they could've prevented it by reporting it. What's the point of reporting a crime if CPs/Scanners are already onto it? How does his input make any difference as to whether the perpetrator is caught?

#15 Appetite Ruining Kebab, May 30, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 4
  16. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    if ur not happy with the way dispatch works then ur more than welcome to make a suggestion buddy

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Appetite Ruining Kebab

Nebulae:
    if you think prioritizing some irrelevant bluesuit over a criminal for not immediately reporting a crime (because you cannot say he wouldn't have done it later) that was already observed by a scanner is how dispatch works then my friend you need to re-evaluate the way you look at dispatch

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  18. Kiko

Kiko Electron

Nebulae:
    and you should re-evaluate your knowledge of dispatch.

dispatch is extremely advanced. when it comes to making a decision between tagging a bluesuit for not reporting a crime or assessing the situation because a scanner already saw it, dispatch literally does both simultaneously. its just the way dispatch works.

ok first of all it's been elaborated that he could have reported it because there was a terminal right next to him. second of all, it was established that he wasn't going towards the city center, but instead, towards the beach gate. so when I saw that i figured he's got no intention of reporting it, and gave the go-ahead to the cp on teamspeak.

second yes thats the exact violation. failing to immediately report a crime. request devices are useful, but I figured he didn't have one. that's why I gave him a second chance. when he messed up there too, he dies. it is what it is, combine regime sucks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Appetite Ruining Kebab

Nebulae:
    yes, it is the case in game that dispatch players are never wrong, make 100% accurate judgements about every crime and will never commit to tagging citizens with violations unless they are absolutely sure of the facts and... oh wait, this thread exists.

and so does this thread https://nebulous.cloud/threads/beeps-pk-appeal.41297/

it's also been elaborated that he was unlikely to be thinking rationally nor easily spot the inconvenient location of the terminal

wow, so you can read minds based on where people are walking!

"dystopia, haha"

you PKed someone based off a very dubious assumption and now we're here because of that. If you actually had rock-solid evidence behind your verdict, or more importantly, PKed someone for the purpose of the violation (killing people who couldve stopped crimes by reporting them), you wouldn't be getting the backlash you are now.

20. FIGHTSONG

FIGHTSONG Quark

Nebulae:
    Dispatch doesn't allocate resources like that. It could mark em both, sure, but it definitely wouldn't prioritise Pitchford over a woman actively destroying Union technology.

On top of that, inaction refers to someone actively trying to prevent knowledge of a crime spreading by not reporting it. If the scanner was getting attacked, the individual was definitely tagged already, meaning that information obviously already spread. The law is in place for citizens to act as the combine's eyes in the places they aren't in 24/7. The Union doesn't need to use its extra eyes and ears on what it can already see.

#20 FIGHTSONG, May 30, 2019
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice