Suggestion Rank 50s on the Transhuman queue

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Suggestion: Allow rank 50s to place themselves on the Transhumanisation queue.

Why?: The current promotion structure is a bit counterintuitive to me. As far as I'm aware, RLs are looking for cop players with leadership capabilities to take up the rank of 75, which is fine, but why is leadership capabilities a requirement for then becoming a grunt, the lowest rung in the transhuman hierarchy?

We've made an OOC decision as a server to create a voluntary transhuman queue due to the quality RP Civil Protection has generated for itself, and 75 seems like a logical conclusion to most cop players going down the individualistic character route. I've been hovering around 25 to 50 for a while and don't have the time to play cop beyond engaging with the odd S2K and mostly passive RPing so I don't get the chance to do any squad leading and whenever I've asked it's not been open to me. From an OOC standpoint, I'm not interested in leading squads in S2K which I'm sure quite a few other players agree with, I've only been pushing to do it as I'm interested in RPing as a grunt, but I feel soft locked out of this opportunity due to the 75 requirement which I can't commit to.

I propose the promotion branch change. Once you hit 50, you can decide to carry on to 75 either by grinding rank points and passing an interview in the city or earning the rank through your S2K/squad leading ability (the Transhuman queue is going to remain open to you anyway should you decide to go on that path later) or just get your name on the OTA list and be done with it at rank 50.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Suggestion: Allow rank 50s to place themselves on the Transhumanisation queue.

Why?: The current promotion structure is a bit counterintuitive to me. As far as I'm aware, RLs are looking for cop players with leadership capabilities to take up the rank of 75, which is fine, but why is leadership capabilities a requirement for then becoming a grunt, the lowest rung in the transhuman hierarchy?

We've made an OOC decision as a server to create a voluntary transhuman queue due to the quality RP Civil Protection has generated for itself, and 75 seems like a logical conclusion to most cop players going down the individualistic character route. I've been hovering around 25 to 50 for a while and don't have the time to play cop beyond engaging with the odd S2K and mostly passive RPing so I don't get the chance to do any squad leading and whenever I've asked it's not been open to me. From an OOC standpoint, I'm not interested in leading squads in S2K which I'm sure quite a few other players agree with, I've only been pushing to do it as I'm interested in RPing as a grunt, but I feel soft locked out of this opportunity due to the 75 requirement which I can't commit to.

I propose the promotion branch change. Once you hit 50, you can decide to carry on to 75 either by grinding rank points and passing an interview in the city or earning the rank through your S2K/squad leading ability (the Transhuman queue is going to remain open to you anyway should you decide to go on that path later) or just get your name on the OTA list and be done with it at rank 50.

i can see where you're coming from with this, and i get the idea

its oxymoronic to be promoted from grunt > leader and then suddenly be "promoted" back into a grunt that takes orders again

but i'd rather just remove the transhuman queue
and the transhumans

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Phase 1 are expected to act like Leaders to cops in the absence of a Rank Leader.

75's aren't exactly expected to be field leaders without that AMM/Leadership Cert

There's overlap.

Reactions: List

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
i can see where you're coming from with this, and i get the idea

its oxymoronic to be promoted from grunt > leader and then suddenly be "promoted" back into a grunt that takes orders again

but i'd rather just remove the transhuman queue
and the transhumans
Just go play cops and robbers city rp then

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
I think the problem in this lies more in the rank leaders' habits of picking people for promotion. I feel like a 75 unit should demonstrate their capability to work in an advanced sense and be selected for that. Maintenance expertise, the ability to defuse situations, and being able to handle high-stress situations should all account for becoming a 75. Leadership capabilities shouldn't even be considered, because rank leaders are there for that. Maybe the units who are already at 75 should be the ones scrutinized for leadership capabilities.

Besides, removing transhumans from half life is equivocal to removing half the setting. The setting is not just "police against the rebel"; it's half-life 2. Just because certain people can't keep themselves in check when it comes to virtually anything competetive and get carried away doesn't mean that the entire concept of Combine soldiers should be thrown out the window. Perhaps it's the map, or the semblance of CityRP being experienced, but I've noticed a couple of "getting carried away" habits (see the recent hours-long Combine-Rebel standoff) emerge on the Combine end and I don't think it's healthy for the general well-being of the roleplaying environment.

However, that entire second paragraph is kind of impertinent to the discussion at hand; I think rank leaders should take a step back and reevaluate whom they pick for promotion. VICTOR-6, my character (pre-transhumanization), was bumped from 25 to 50 and form 50 to 75 by showing expertise in Combine engineering work, thanks to an Engineer Core background. Stuff like that is what should influence someone's decision; stuff pertinent to the work they do themselves, not the work they delegate.

Technically, I disagree with the suggestion's sentiment, but don't take that as me not seeing the issue at hand for whatever that's worth: I just think the root cause should be assessed instead. Of course, that all hinges on the general sentiment from the faction's leadership roles, and if they're not of an adjusting mind, then it's probably better to move through with this for the sake of player engagement and enjoyment.​

Reactions: List