Did you like this scene?

• Yea it was badass

• No it succ lol

Results are only viewable after voting.

MicroByte

Dan The Meme Man
B A N N E D
Nebulae

First time watching Rogue One, and holy shit man, loved every bit of it. If you've either seen this end scene or not I'd love your guys opinions in this, it was fucking badass in my opinion (Skip to 0:40)

Sir Frost

Electron
Nebulae
I thought it was brilliant, I'm glad they added this short scene in. Really shows how angry and wicked Vader is. Disney turned him into an absolute joke and this gives him his fangs back. If you think back or watch the original trilogy the only killing he does are the dumbass officers that fail him. In this you see him slaughtering rebels like never before. Just wish he was in more than just two scenes though I must admit.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
fan service

action without emotional investment is bad action
action without character motivation driving the scene, something that works on both a situational and personal level the character
this scene is garbage

want to see a scene that is an example of good action? action that is weighted with a bit more emotion and meaning?

boom. same bad guy, same franchise.
this fight does these things
  1. advances the plot and raises the stakes of the story
  2. establishes darth vader as a character who could kill the MAIN CHARACTERS as he likes
  3. has a direct impact on our heroes of the story
  4. concludes a meaningful and previously established relationship
  5. has consequences for the killer that linger on after the killing
sure, it might not look as cool, but that scene knocks the shit out of any scene from rogue one straight away

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae

First time watching Rogue One, and holy shit man, loved every bit of it. If you've either seen this end scene or not I'd love your guys opinions in this, it was fucking badass in my opinion (Skip to 0:40)

pointless and dumb action to appeal to the masses

I thought it was brilliant, I'm glad they added this short scene in. Really shows how angry and wicked Vader is. Disney turned him into an absolute joke and this gives him his fangs back. If you think back or watch the original trilogy the only killing he does are the dumbass officers that fail him. In this you see him slaughtering rebels like never before. Just wish he was in more than just two scenes though I must admit.

was it cool? yes

was it needed? eh, prolly not

did i like it? yes

but still

Fun fact, that whole scene was part of the re-shoots that occurred on Rogue One, almost didn't happen.

Now does it save the rest of the movie? Hell no, I think Jyn lacked what other British Girl had (Rey), that being a sense of charm and charisma to her work, Jyn....Beyond the scenes spent with her father or affecting her father, she came off as bland to me.

Not to say I don't love some of the characters, the Blind Jedi and K-2SO namely, and the Deathtroopers or whatever the hell they're calling them.

And well, I liked that last Vader Scene, personally. Fan Service? Yeah, Some say his disabilities being half-machine would not make him this agile, but I think he could've taken them all on.

Note: There was talk of him being in more scenes or talking points, but with the advanced age James Earl Jones is getting isn't really in the continuity of moving from Rogue One where he speaks like Grandpa Vader to youth-sounding New Hope Vader.

Plus to quote my grandmother to which I went to the movies with for this because tradition, The man who was dressing as Vader seemed to be foaming it in in terms of his movements, none of the intimidating stances to which Vader usually did.

Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
what this scene should have been........

tkELvCf.gif

Wash

Nucleus
Nebulae
want to see a scene that is an example of good action? action that is weighted with a bit more emotion and meaning?

Crap, bringing it up, the Lucasfilm oligarchy that is the Story Group is going to take no- NO, NOOOOO

Would though be best scene change since this. (Skip to 50 seconds)

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
i thought it was cliche of the first movie and this movie for when darth vader appears, the door suddently stops working

MicroByte

Dan The Meme Man
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i thought it was cliche of the first movie and this movie for when darth vader appears, the door suddently stops working

Then we he goes near the door it magically opens for him lmao

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

perfect video for you

I really enjoyed it, cheers mate x
i can't really think of any different way the ending could of been dealt with.
just comes to show how close the rebels were to the face of failure

tera

Atom
Nebulae
I guess its something popular because of an iconic character. Fan-service and all since they haven't really portrayed Darth Vader in a while. Regardless of any of that, I like it. It really displays his terrifying character as the rebels realize there was really nothing they could do about it except scream help me. I like this ww2 parody of that scene though which made it even more memorable for me lol.

Honestly, I might be one of the fewer ones who prefer the chirrut imwe scene as my favourite scene though but that's probably because my asian background is nutting at donnie yen using martial arts in a star wars movie

Then we he goes near the door it magically opens for him lmao

Perhaps he used the force to open it maybe.

Last edited:

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
end it with the death of jyn and cassian

Now does it save the rest of the movie? Hell no, I think Jyn lacked what other British Girl had (Rey), that being a sense of charm and charisma to her work, Jyn....Beyond the scenes spent with her father or affecting her father, she came off as bland to me.
LOL are you telling me you like some wide-eyed bitch they've wrote in for one emotion because she's a shit actress and is driving the franchise into a hole.