Information Rebel RP - Upcoming reformations

Discussion in 'Half-Life 2 Roleplay' started by Blackquill, Nov 6, 2019 at 6:35 PM.

1. Blackquill

Blackquill Grumpy Server Director
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    Hello everyone. Hope you all had a good halloween and/or bonfire night if you celebrate it. With the event of Borealis, a bunch of us have come together to make some changes.

With the current situation of rebel rp, it’s become clear that both the cell system and several rules need to under-go significant change and be adapted to further suit the current player-base.

Cell system itself:
    For a start, there will no longer be a limit on cells, nor will there be a limit on cell influence within the server - they can grow to be as powerful or influential in the context of the city as possible, there is a limit from a lore and regional perspective however, to prevent one group from becoming completely dominant in lore. Essentially - if you have a group idea, feel free to go ahead and make it. So long as it is serious, active and fits the server and isn’t wildly out of place. This means the ooc application part, is officially defunct.

What does this mean for some of the core ideas of the cell system in regards to rules, lore, impact and so on? The rules side will still come into effect, however they will undergo a rewrite and be applied to the general rule-set affecting every player equally. No more grey area with cells/non cells and so on,

From my point of view, I also believe it is much more suitable (and arguably more easier) to just organically include groups into lore when applicable whether that’s via because of their actions or inclusion in events. Put it simply: If you’re dedicated and actively contributing - you have a place in the server’s lore anyway.

Rule adjustments:
    Next, ferrying rules are being lifted and will be replaced with a more fitting approach - the canals will no longer be off-limits to union activity, however ferrying will now be fully allowed. This is an experimental change and may be subject to change depending on how things go so expect to see adjustments or rectifications if things happen. The canals will mostly be a resistance area, with elements of risk - not unlike various other rebel zones of the past.

How sweeps will work in the area will also be examined closely; considering the scope and size of the area, it is unlikely that the union would be able to cover all of it in one sweep. I will be working with headcops and OTA leads on determining fair boundaries and potential time limits for sweeps to give rebels a fair fighting/hiding chance.

There may also be conflict between cells for territory in canals and what have you. It’s ultimately down to players.

City/Rebel Dynamics:
    One of the big concerns and why the ferrying rule was instituted in the first place was a worry of upsetting the city/rebel dynamics, however - I feel like with some work; both can work hand in hand. Giving people playing rebel characters reasons to come into the city and do various things. Still much work to be done, but it’s something being looked at.

Misc:
    • The Railway will remain as it is - they serve a purpose on the server much like the BMD system of old. I don’t agree with removing them because I simply don’t think it’ll do any good.
    • This suggestion - https://nebulous.cloud/threads/allow-cells-to-have-their-own-private-sub-forum.43544/ - I cannot make promises, but a potential idea will be something akin to if a cell/group is large and active enough, they will be eligible for a single private forum board for themselves. That is all they will get however as the forums are large enough already.
    • This suggestion: https://nebulous.cloud/threads/redo-remove-recycle-union-spies.44630/ - I will also be working with headcops and CAB leads on any issues that arise from this subject. My look into the issue didn’t appear to show many problems but it’s on the radar, that being said the role OMSO informants has been discussed and is being changed down the line.
    • And finally: https://nebulous.cloud/threads/ultimatums.43362/ - This idea is something I will see if it can be worked into the reformation. I do want to see more cab/rebel/ow interactions in this fashion down the line. Not everything has to result in pk sweeps and so on.
    • How containers are handled is being looked at - we will have some kind of defined way on how rebels and/or groups can get access to containers consistently. Perhaps something on the dev side or the admin side we're not 100% sure.
    • Jaydawg and alex have both been working on various ideas that provide more opportunities to rebels or otherwise make certain items easier to get, as things continue to be updated and such that’ll become clearer. We also have the new weapons talked about previously being merged in and are working on further plans for some highly suggested ideas and concepts.
    • https://nebulous.cloud/threads/camera-automation.44296/page-4#post-965767 - This post

Thanks for reading, leave feedback down below and I will try my best to respond to it!

#1 Blackquill, Nov 6, 2019 at 6:35 PM
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019 at 6:41 PM
    • nebulous nebulous x 48
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Chezburger

Chezburger american idiot
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    RAILWAY NOTES?

alex kept scaring me last night with these two words and i had to just go to bed else i may crap my pants

• Hot Hot x 2
  3. lucid

lucid aussie battler

Nebulae:
    I just failed nnn

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  4. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    This is the stuff I love to see. Great work, honestly.

5. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    no actual incentive to rebel, no fallbacks for those who suffer from sweeps against a foe who doesn't actually take the same punches as rebels do

words but no weight to them. keep tiptoeing a year long issue, i guess.

• Dumb x 6
    • Dumb Truck x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  6. Blackquill

Nebulae:
    what incentive do you want to rebel

and what fallbacks can be given other than "lol nlr" which I haven't tiptoed, I've flat out said 'no' multiple times.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. lucid

lucid aussie battler

Nebulae:
    hey,,,,, you wanted non-uu food being legal right??

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  8. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    me when i raid the child camp because they made non-uu food illegal again

real rebel incentive retard
    Merged:
    me when i come on to the passive roleplay server and get killed by the cod main

you will not incentivize rebelrp at all as long as shotcops exist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blackquill

Nebulae:
    I legitimately cannot control people who shotcop at the moment though

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. lucid

lucid aussie battler

Nebulae:
    Shotcops barely happen nowadays lmao and cops are incredibly lenient, you’re asking for a safe space at this point

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    Okay, it only takes one to kill all rebel population.

Let me ask you, isn't it crazy your likelyhood of dying only takes one shotcop that you're flagged on?

Just cause it's rarer than back in the K4E days doesn't mean it's negligible on the character drain it has.

that's what the server forgot about, character development

all this thread is 'here's words to show we're doing something whilst the fundamentals? don't change'.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  12. Blackquill

Nebulae:
    The pk system is only one fundemental of many.

And this is just the start

13. lucid

lucid aussie battler

Nebulae:
    Of course but that’s never the case. There’s a literal bunker you can hide inside in SS3 that breaching charges don’t work on, as well as millions of telltale signs that a sweep is going to occur - the map is sparse, and combine this with a rarity of rebel incursions as well as leniency from cops you’re fine. Unless the cop is having a shit day just holster your stuff and you’ll be ignored if they’re looking for a shotcopper

14. GenericPlayer

GenericPlayer i like firetruck and moster truck

Nebulae:
    you can't get rid of shotcops without disarming rebelRP to the point that no one will bother to come on

if you want sweeps to be more scared, make IED/hidden landmine scripts/ents a thing, and make them relatively easy to obtain, this coupled with deranks would probably make cops choose their routes a lot more carefully

but that's just my two cents

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  15. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    You change the PK system on a dime and you just encourage those people to take the piss, @PilotBland. That is legitimately what has happened when things swapped back to NLR's on a dime.

When someone has literally said "we're going to work on making sure the canals aren't razed to the ground" and with the current faces like @cloudperson in HC I doubt we're going to see the justification of "well someone has to die" if some retard in the city gets a gun and shoots up cops. If someone in a suit does it and runs to the canals? You can literally just bar them from entering the main camp(s) and tell them to get on with it.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    you're going to give an inert ota faction a reason to flag on instead

yeah i'm not taking a roll if i live or die just so i can continue passiving on a server that tries it's hardest to not let you passive

go and keep adding door busters and all these gimmicks whilst ignoring people who rp

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    • Dumb Truck Dumb Truck x 1
  17. lucid

lucid aussie battler

Nebulae:
    Sweeps are definitely becoming more a risk which I like

The most recent sweep in response to a shotcop ended up with cops getting fucked on, we just need AP mines now

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  18. GenericPlayer

Nebulae:
    so they can do what, step on a landmine/ied

flesh is flesh, ota are scary because of their s2k, you can't s2k an explosive 4head

19. Appetite Ruining Kebab

Nebulae:
    i like the sound of IEDs/landmines and want to believe in them but how are you gonna stop retard citizen #46 from walking into them at the worst time?

( @ruble )

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  20. GenericPlayer

Nebulae:
    that's the best part

then the sweep team thinks it's clear and they step on the next bouncing betty in the corner, it's great

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice