Serious Reccomend an NIC

Icepick64

Resident Furfag
Nebulae
Since i'm so fucking sick of being stuck with a shitty laptop with a jury-rigged GeForce 840M stuffed inside of it, I took a leap of faith and bought a gaming PC from a friend of mine since he didn't need it anymore. The computer itself works fine but it only accepts wired internet connections ATM, and that simply isn't going to cut it for me since I have no upstairs access ports.

Simply put, I need to buy and install a Wireless Network Interface Card to connect wirelessly to my home-broadband. I can install the part myself but I'm not great with researching. Anyone able to recommend a WIRELESS NIC with good transfer speed and low cost?

Much appreciated.

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
Would like to help but I have never been in need of a card so I have no knowledge of the area. If you are handy with a hammer and cable clamps you could easily pull a cable from downstairs to upstairs since tp cables are usually pretty long. It's cheaper and works better even! :ok:

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I have an ASUS one in my desktop and it works great.

Seems to have been replaced with a newer version though, as I can't find mine for sale anymore. Nonetheless the card is ASUS PCE-AC56.

You're best going for one of these PCIe cards as they're much more reliable than a USB adapter.

Reactions: List

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
You can just purchase one that goes into your USB and it will work just as well.

Reactions: List