Regarding Metagame

Doe Joe

Quark
Nebulae
Alright recently my boy Martin Anderson and I were in an encounter with a server operator....and it's got me a bit spooked to be Frank. We found a rebel hideout area in [[REDACTED]] and we've been told it was metagame. My problem is, it was not metagame. He just followed a the red line of lights at the end of a sewer tunnel and pressed E on a wall that was at the end since it wouldn't make sense for it to be a dead end and viola, fresh rebel hideout area, and in his words it was
https://gyazo.com/ecbfc5b763f376c895d2896b16b64497

I highly dislike this accusation as it's hard to prove you weren't metagaming something just as it's hard to prove you weren't doing any crime in general(besides if you were not anywhere near the crime scene, but in this case we were at the epic hideout area). However, I was wondering if he'd need proof of metagame if he wanted to take any serious action. I am scared that my word is worth less than that of an operator since I've got less street cred. We were teleported out of the area and the operator "Anethe Mosi" told us we "didn't have IC knowledge of this place" which doesn't make sense since he uncovered the area ingame.

MY BIGGEST CONCERN WITH THIS SECRET AREA IS THE SCRIPT SPAWNS
Huge thing about it was we've now found non-UU drinks in there TWICE which is rarer than winning the lottery twice in a row, the first time he found a non-UU branded generic 2L of Soda, and the 2nd time(the one where we were tp'ed out)we found Columbian Beer! Something's up with that hideout and I don't know what but I feel I've been barred because of this false accusation and the admin is a bit salty I found the hotspot for script spawns.

SO, what do I do from here, we're lost but really want more of these NON UU branded drinks since they might have some coin value but opman is salt we found his secr0t base, any comments are nice thanks.

TL;DR found epic rebel base, operatorman says it was meta, not sure what do

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
if the area had the stupid sign YOU REQUIRE IC KNOWLEDGE TO ENTER and you entered, then it was metagame

if theres no sign, assume that its not/not yet set up so. Either way, don't enter without knowing if it is metagame or not

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Alright recently my boy Martin Anderson and I were in an encounter with a server operator....and it's got me a bit spooked to be Frank. We found a rebel hideout area in [[REDACTED]] and we've been told it was metagame. My problem is, it was not metagame. He just followed a the red line of lights at the end of a sewer tunnel and pressed E on a wall that was at the end since it wouldn't make sense for it to be a dead end and viola, fresh rebel hideout area, and in his words it was
https://gyazo.com/ecbfc5b763f376c895d2896b16b64497

I highly dislike this accusation as it's hard to prove you weren't metagaming something just as it's hard to prove you weren't doing any crime in general(besides if you were not anywhere near the crime scene, but in this case we were at the epic hideout area). However, I was wondering if he'd need proof of metagame if he wanted to take any serious action. I am scared that my word is worth less than that of an operator since I've got less street cred. We were teleported out of the area and the operator "Anethe Mosi" told us we "didn't have IC knowledge of this place" which doesn't make sense since he uncovered the area ingame.

MY BIGGEST CONCERN WITH THIS SECRET AREA IS THE SCRIPT SPAWNS
Huge thing about it was we've now found non-UU drinks in there TWICE which is rarer than winning the lottery twice in a row, the first time he found a non-UU branded generic 2L of Soda, and the 2nd time(the one where we were tp'ed out)we found Columbian Beer! Something's up with that hideout and I don't know what but I feel I've been barred because of this false accusation and the admin is a bit salty I found the hotspot for script spawns.

SO, what do I do from here, we're lost but really want more of these NON UU branded drinks since they might have some coin value but opman is salt we found his secr0t base, any comments are nice thanks.

TL;DR found epic rebel base, operatorman says it was meta, not sure what do

"""you must have an ic key to enter this zone"""

Reactions: List

Doe Joe

Quark
Nebulae
if the area had the stupid sign YOU REQUIRE IC KNOWLEDGE TO ENTER and you entered, then it was metagame

if theres no sign, assume that its not/not yet set up so. Either way, don't enter without knowing if it is metagame or not
there was no sign, it's a blank wall, it's literally a sewer wall you push to open so it's not a key
[doublepost=1562605127][/doublepost]might I add from the little bit I saw it was already furnished and well established, I find it rather stupid to throw around accusations of meta just because Martin found the holy grail of rebel bases and script spawns

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Those sorts of areas are off-limits unless you are shown them by someone involved in whoever own them or you see someone go into it IC and have proof of it (ie; a screenshot).

This is so people can't use the exact same reasoning you did to just barge in wherever. I'm sure you understand when you can load up these maps in single player why that would be a problem.

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
I don't think secret hideouts should have item spawners inside them and I do hope that staff will solve it if that discovery is true.

Doe Joe

Quark
Nebulae
Those sorts of areas are off-limits unless you are shown them by someone involved in whoever own them or you see someone go into it IC and have proof of it (ie; a screenshot).

This is so people can't use the exact same reasoning you did to just barge in wherever. I'm sure you understand when you can load up these maps in single player why that would be a problem.
yeah I guess, just bums me out that 1. we found it legitimately in game and 2. it's odd that script item spawn increasingly in that area that's barred off...I'm not script hungry but it's like finding a $20 on the street, if you know it's there but it's illegal to pick it up it's.....sad

Doe Joe

Quark
Nebulae
I don't think secret hideouts should have item spawners inside them and I do hope that staff will solve it if that discovery is true.
this,
here's the 2L soda screenshot, the beer is in my locker might try to sell it for a couple hundred tokens idk
41898222B1D22202186766B8E1EB3DF4636E1649

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Okay then how did the first person discover the place
Or is it done through char auths I just don't know

Doe Joe

Quark
Nebulae
I doubt they were meant to.
probably not, but they do, at the very least I hope that's turned off as it's a bit unfair especially if youre gonna make it illegal to enter unless youre part of a clique
[doublepost=1562606761][/doublepost]
Okay then how did the first person discover the place
Or is it done through char auths I just don't know
youre friends with an admin probably, special favors occur for the sake of allowing cool RP like this to happen it's just fake & gay that people aren't allowed to uncover these areas and if they do uncover them: INSTANT METAGAME ACCUSATIONS REEEE

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
None of them are even in use afiak.
See I'm wondering that cause I used the push-in wall by RB3 to enter the block and I see a bluesuit inside and he immediately goes
[LOOC]: Do you have IC knowledge of this place???

Like I can see the character isn't older than 30 minutes, if you "require IC knowledge" to enter a spot how do the first people who claim the place get it

Doe Joe

Quark
Nebulae
None of them are even in use afiak.
I have a pretty good clue that says its in use but I'd have to reveal where it is to explain it, 99% sure it's used/known of by a rebel group that shall not be named (because I don't want said operator who got salty about us finding it finding this post and then yeeting me)

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I have a pretty good clue that says its in use but I'd have to reveal where it is to explain it, 99% sure it's used/known of by a rebel group that shall not be named (because I don't want said operator who got salty about us finding it finding this post and then yeeting me)
It wasn't that they got salty, they just didn't want you to have the idea that you can walk in and out whenever (for the reasons I listed above).

Doe Joe

Quark
Nebulae
See I'm wondering that cause I used the push-in wall by RB3 to enter the block and I see a bluesuit inside and he immediately goes
[LOOC]: Do you have IC knowledge of this place???

Like I can see the character isn't older than 30 minutes, if you "require IC knowledge" to enter a spot how do the first people who claim the place get it
that's exactly what went down when I tried to enter said secret base, I got an LOOC from operatorman, this is literally Martin's 3rd day of seeing Industrial 17 and he's extremely curious and looks everywhere for new stuff, if you look at the joinlogs he was online for multiple hours when he made the discovery just looking around in the sewers at 2 am

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
you're not metagaming per definition, no. but no one can prove they havent just checked the place out in singleplayer first. and the ic logical assumption probably isnt that walls randomly open even if it makes sense from an ooc angle.