Suggestion remove stupid blue colour on thermals when cops aren't wearing suit

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Suggestion: RRemove the stupid thermal 'team colour' when cp's aren't wearing their suit because its stupid that they can tell a cop wearing a blacksuit is a cop
Why it would be worth adding:
as you can see in the video below, back in C24 I kidnapped a cop, I had someone else wearing the cop suit, and had the cop wearing a blacksuit. I was confused as to how the cop survived when I died during the raid, but having now seen the clip, I understand that the OTA thermals showed the cop as an entirely different colour (dark blue) even though he was wearing a rebel uniform, making my plan impossible
Necessary content:

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Suggestion: RRemove the stupid thermal 'team colour' when cp's aren't wearing their suit because its stupid that they can tell a cop wearing a blacksuit is a cop
Why it would be worth adding:
as you can see in the video below, back in C24 I kidnapped a cop, I had someone else wearing the cop suit, and had the cop wearing a blacksuit. I was confused as to how the cop survived when I died during the raid, but having now seen the clip, I understand that the OTA thermals showed the cop as an entirely different colour (dark blue) even though he was wearing a rebel uniform, making my plan impossible
Necessary content:
While I do agree that only 'active suits with biosignals' should show up blue, I must reiterate that only Elites have access to thermals. And they only partook in offensive actions in city 24

Meaning this plan would still work against the Combine forces, granted players don't metagame the name colour

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
While I do agree that only 'active suits with biosignals' should show up blue, I must reiterate that only Elites have access to thermals. And they only partook in offensive actions in city 24
yeah I know and I think thermals are cool since only EOW's have em but in this particular case 100000x too op completely ruined the potentially cool situation

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
yeah I know and I think thermals are cool since only EOW's have em but in this particular case 100000x too op completely ruined the potentially cool situation
Added an edit, the problem was that it was against elites. Which was a very specific scenario

(aka, unikely to happen again anytime soon)

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I think this is based on the “isCombine” variable factions have
isCombine = true — blue
isCombine = false — white
adding an exception for cops without suits could be tricky

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
AFAIK biosignal loss will play out even if the cop isn't wearing their uniform script, so killing them would still ultimately reveal that whoever just died was part of CivPro.

As an aside, I can't see the video because mobile connection makes it a cointoss whether some mp4 embeds can play or not, but I assume this incident is the one involving my cop. I can provide context to the situation if need be - even if it has no bearing on the topic of the thread. It was a bit complicated incident, after all.