(Repost) ההתנגדות

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae

wbURPXx.png

“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”

- Elie Wiesel
Author, Professor, Holocaust survivor
1928-2016

b7ejL6H.jpg

When I awoke the morning after, I found myself in a world I did not quite understand, and yet I had heard of it once- for my father, and my father's father, had lived through it.

It was a story that he had kept from his children until they were of age, for few could grasp the concept of such atrocities and crimes unspeakable by any language known by man at such an age, and those who had the unfortunate circumstance to have to understand such at an infantile age likely did not survive to tell the tale. He would show us not only photographs, but his scars, his stripes and most importantly his star.

The words he spoke most were the only words in his mother tongue that I could understand, for it wasn't the words I recognized, it was his lack of sorrow. The anger that befitted him so stalwartly as he repeated it until we couldn't possibly erase the memory from our minds.

"Never again," he ushered to us. "Never again."

The world failed to keep its promise to my father, and the generations that succeeded him. We submitted, succumbed, and we let go of our world to accept our grim demise. A slaughter I was promised never to have to witness in my lifetime unfolded before my very eyes, only tenfold as the sun cried bright blue in the sky with unholy lightning tearing through the air, manifesting obscene machines of immense savagery and unknown destructive capabilities.

The Devil walked the earth that day, and in his wake hell unleashed.

q4hiLaM.jpg

Our mothers, our fathers, our brothers and sisters. Our sons and our daughters. Family, friends. They were taken from us. They were ripped from our arms and we, what was left alive but far from unharmed, were abandoned, lost to meander in the ashes of our former homes. Colorless pillars stretch beyond the sky and pierce the heavens where the hearts and souls of our societies once thrived. And all we were left with was scorn.

Whether or not we have hope left in our blood is relative. But we share but one thing between us all: Our anger. Our hatred. A feeling so red it boils beneath our skin. In history, cities fell and marble turned to dust over human fury. Kingdoms and empires crumbled at the whim of the simple innate desire to live. Now is not the time to mourn in sorrow. Transform your pain into action.

Rage is the language of survivors. All living creatures understand it, and if our oppressors are not alive than we will feed it to them until they speak it. Everything in existence burns in flames, and all flames were once but mere embers. Remember what they took from you. Remember what they stole from you. Hone on that feeling. Control it, master it.

Take everything back- until the earth as a whole is ours. We will tear their ghastly monoliths down if we have to level the ground beneath it. And if our brothers and sisters have forgotten what it means to hate, remind them. They are not our enemy, but the marionettes behind their screens high above the cities will tell you that they are. And that you should fear them, despise them. There is but one that we owe our hatred to, and he is not the one that suffers with you.

And if hope is truly lost, if the world is truly forsaken and we as a species must go out in the night through God's will, we will do so. But our adversaries in their dark towers will know our rage, for there is no greater force in the universe than that of mothers and fathers for which their children have been deprived. But most importantly, we will reach out towards our freedom, and if we do not taste it we will still be known, and we will inspire worlds beyond.

And we will make them remember. Together.

zLWPT7S.png

Reposting old writing after it got buried in the old HL2 section. Premise for a resistance cell that ended up not ever really getting explored.

Ty @Blackquill for dredging up the code.

Last edited:
Reactions: List