Serious Resident Evil General

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
So there's fifteen days to go, the demo (which is just the E3 one) is due out tonight but people who have played it recorded the special trailer at the end and put it up on youtube:

Most noteworthy thing for me from that trailer besides HUNK & Tofu (who were already confirmed) is this that I cut together:

7971386d38520574ecafa7a0e12b8f63.png

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Played the Demo - and I have to say for all its the E3 stuff, it was fantastic. Definitely worth you picking it up and playing, for all there's only two weeks left now.

Also the RPD Main hall theme finally got a proper recording. Has the classic theme sprinkled in there, too.

Rees

Proton
Nebulae
Played the Demo - and I have to say for all its the E3 stuff, it was fantastic. Definitely worth you picking it up and playing, for all there's only two weeks left now.

Also the RPD Main hall theme finally got a proper recording. Has the classic theme sprinkled in there, too.

was pretty upset it was just an overall 30 minutes we got to play, for some reason I had this idea it was 30 minutes over and over again. Still hyped af tho for the game bring on 4th survivor mode

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
the demo was a waste of time since you need to be "online" to fucking play it and it's singleplayer
and only 30 fucking minutes

Rees

Proton
Nebulae
the demo was a waste of time since you need to be "online" to fucking play it and it's singleplayer

most people are online nowadays anyway tbh i wouldn't find that much of a problem.
also think it just served the purpose of a demo, to give you a free taster of the gameplay etc

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It was meant to be a nod to the original RE2 demo which was 30 mins only too.

That being said, there's already a trainer out to disable the time limit lol

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
Marvin was one of my favorites

I wish there was a version of the game in which he didn't die
[doublepost=1547561043][/doublepost]Marvin was one of my favorites

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Marvin was one of my favorites

[doublepost=1547561043][/doublepost]Marvin was one of my favorites

At least he does more in the remake and Outbreak than he did in the original tbh

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
I played the demo on my uncle's pc (that is so old that have gmod barely reach 30 fps and can't stand Barotrauma Extended for more than five minutes) and I was surprised it ran very smoothly while not even having all setting to lowest (apart from 1-2 freezes for a couple of seconds). Other than that I ran around desperatly and ended up finishing the demo with 10 minutes still left °c°

p.s. it is just me or Leon doesn't looks like anything like the original?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
p.s. it is just me or Leon doesn't looks like anything like the original?
Leon looks more like Leon than Claire does classic Claire (face wise anyway) but I prefer this Claire because she actually looks like a normal person lmao

Rees

Proton
Nebulae
Leon looks more like Leon than Claire does classic Claire (face wise anyway) but I prefer this Claire because she actually looks like a normal person lmao
true can't believe there was actually backlash about Claire's redesign, when remastering a game that debuted in 1998 you're obviously gonna have character models which don't look anything to their counterparts from 98'.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
true can't believe there was actually backlash about Claire's redesign, when remastering a game that debuted in 1998 you're obviously gonna have character models which don't look anything to their counterparts from 98'.
Besides, Capcom literally remaster their own characters looks/faces every few games anyway. Look at Chris from RE1/REmake > RE5/Revelations > RE7.

Rees

Proton
Nebulae
Besides, Capcom literally remaster their own characters looks/faces every few games anyway. Look at Chris from RE1/REmake > RE5/Revelations > RE7.

Exactly, even in res 4 I feel Leon looks quite the difference than he did in the CGI res 2 cutscenes, yet again just simply because of the difference in technology.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
so can anyone actually tell me what the deal is with resident evil

it looks like a really clunky and uncomfortable playing experience

is it really just shilled because its a cult classic or does it have genuine value to itself outside of "muh gore and spook" that was introduced in biohazard

Rees

Proton
Nebulae
so can anyone actually tell me what the deal is with resident evil

it looks like a really clunky and uncomfortable playing experience

is it really just shilled because its a cult classic or does it have genuine value to itself outside of "muh gore and spook" that was introduced in biohazard

you talking about remake or the original?