Suggestion Resistance Crates

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
(part of original: https://nebulous.cloud/threads/resistance-caches.60086/)

Suggestion:

2. Resistance Crates

Add an entity that can be placed in various locations around the map that can randomply appear/spawn a crate. This crate can have basic supplies. Upon removal of all items the crate will 'break' and despawn allowing another to spawn in due time.

Potentially restrict Overwatch's ability to open these.

Perhaps add a flag that allows you to open these crates as you 'know the proper way to do so without destroying shit'

Perhaps only have them appear/be openable during certain time-frames to prevent dead-hour farming at non-peak times.

Why it would be worth adding: N2 is worth adding since it promotes and automates scavenging somewhat and assuming it is without restriction gives everyone an ability to acquire basic gear.

Neccessary content: Gary's sanity

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Not really a fan of the random crates being spawned automatically, you'll have people memorising the locations and checking them constantly like the script spawners in cityrp, much prefer just a return to the Zulu crate system, adding onto your suggestion it'd be sick if it was just made into an admin command like /spawnlootcrate or something that could take from a table, spawn a container and fill it with random items of a particular category (similar to how the zulu crates worked, each crate would be a specific 'type', med crate, crafting crate, etc)

This way it's not too time consuming for staff to spawn them in but also preserves the ability to change the locations of crates whenever they're spawned in

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm confused what's the true difference a crate is a box containing a cache of items whereas a cache can be items including boxed supplies

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I'm confused what's the true difference a crate is a box containing a cache of items whereas a cache can be items including boxed supplies
I differentiate between a crate and a cache primarily by the amount of weapons inside and amount/purpose.

Resistance Crates are, to me, a play on Lamda Crates while you play HL2 that contain ammunition, medical supplies and batteries. Just a bit more 'general' so that the provider of these crates does not have to be Lambda.

Where-as the Cache would be more-or-less central storage for guns, whether it's being actively resupplied by my proposed systems or not. Due to the nature of the inventory system, I proposed it would use the Vendor system as it can hold a lot more items.