[RESOLVED]K4E / KEK PK appeal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by transcended soc, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    I'm sorry for butting in, but considering everyone else already had I don't think it's fair to @NightLock or @Pyromancer to lose their developed chars simply to teach kek and k4e a lesson on 'consequences'. They're oocly motivated and they'll just make anew throwaway shotcop rebel character whilst real players lose development over this.

I would like to see the PK for those who killed Aura or some form of punishment, but as it stands it conflicts considering it's not fair for the other players involved.

• nebulous nebulous x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Blackquill

Blackquill Grumpy Server Director
    Head Staff HL2 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    I mean I agree but by unpking and voiding the situation, once again they get away scott-free (in IC terms) with behaving like this on their characters.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    Okay, considering these two acted on their accord and decided to PK someone on a whim to get two developed characters PKd

why not just keep atlas and daed pkd whilst voiding the entire situation and have aura and lost alive

there, now they've learned their lesson for acting stupid and no one gets fucked over

and before giving me an IC shtick fuck it, these people didn't act it out from their characters accord so they can enjoy the PK while other people don't get fucked by it

that's what I recommend at least

• Agree Agree x 17
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
  4. Blackquill

Nebulae:
    That'd be easy to do, I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't logically paradoxical

So here's the timeline of events inbetween deaths:
    They kill and pk aura = Lost pks them both back = Lost gets pked himself

So let's say the first part is rendered null and void, that means the things that follow technically wouldn't have happened.

This tends to be why when chains like this start from a point of invalidity - the whole thing is voided, but as it stands I don't think that's the best way to go about it, not because of any OOC punishment but just because they acted like idiots IC and paid the price for it. I'm not saying it's the fairest way to look at this; I'm not really a fan of keeping Nightlock or Pyro pked for it.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    you missed my point BQ.

I'm saying it never occured, the PK for Daedalus and Atlas should be punishment considering what they did wasn't valid.

They're PK hungry freaks and a lot of people are aware of that, it should be a lesson learned.

These people didn't kill Aura due to IC circumstances, they've literally just came to strive for another notch on their 'developed character we've murdered' belt.

• nebulous nebulous x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. TheInnkeeper

TheInnkeeper Fear the Old Blood

Nebulae:
    Wouldn't an easy way to change that be the fact that it'd be NLR on Aura's part, since they had no valid reason to PK her?

Posting to give my opinion and I've been heavily ICly involved in the aftermath on my Vort, @Pyromancer can confirm, although feel free to remove.
    But it seems like NLR for the parties that shouldn't get PK'd here seems to be the best way to go, and punish the offenders with a PK, since they're the ones that really set this all into motion.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  7. Blackquill

Nebulae:
    I suppose that's one way to look at it. I've tried not to see PKs as an OOC punishment since we have warns/kick/bans for that. Then again, PKs are debatably worse than being banned since it actually sets you back

I'm not making a verdict until k4e/kek make their requested post but, that could work.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  8. Chadwick

Chadwick Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    this isnt the first time this has happened

• nebulous nebulous x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    if you want to rid yourself of a logical paradox, just rehash the story a bit, they tossed some unknown girl off the balcony and someone took vigilante justice for it, Lost doesn't die, Aura doesn't die and people can still incorporate the story into RP

• Agree Agree x 6
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Nicrobe

Nicrobe Lord of Ineptitude
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    Here is an idea I've suggested. I do know it looks like cherry picking and simply taking a stab at specifically Kek and K4E here, but..

>Aura's IC'ly not dead. They got heavily injured and survived the fall somehow.
    >In turn, this caused the two up here to get killed for it.
    >Which causes Pyro's character to stay dead, as he's taken it in his own hands and murdered the two for what they did.

I mean.. Again, just an idea.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  11. TheInnkeeper

TheInnkeeper Fear the Old Blood

Nebulae:
    I don't agree with that.
    They still had no reason to attack Aura in the first place, so..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. transcended soc

transcended soc Nucleus

Nebulae:
    According to @harry she'd have died from the fall no matter what, at least from his verdict on-case.

Moving on in response to everyone else: shit like this has been precedented.

Example #1 being Hermit (attempting to) PK dingus. This caused a PK chain that was voided because the ORIGINAL auths that lead to Hermit trying to kill Dingus was completely null. Blackquill is saying that the downside to unPKing Aura is that we will get away free without any reprocussion for acting the way we did on our characters—completely illogical given the fact that Hermit was let off completely free even after failing to PK Soviet?
    We should be going off a similar verdict for a case that is almost entirely the same, especially since it's being presented (by Blackquill at least) that it's a choice of unPKing Aura, K4E, myself, and Pyromancer.
    I'm going to ignore the suggestions by Nexus and Pyromancer, as neither of their opinions on the verdict are relevant whatsoever, nor would they function given the way almost every previous PK appeal has worked out in a case like this.
    If the chain of PKs was pointless at the root, that means the whole system should go, rather than keep K4E and I PK'd and bring back everyone else.

If you consider Aura's PK valid, and Nexus' auths being vaild (which I still do not consider them valid) I am fine with both myself, K4E, Lost, her, and anyone else from this chain staying dead.

Nexus had no auths from me, as it was entirely assumptions. Plenty of people have said they don't think they would do something and then followed through with doing so.
    [​IMG]
    Every one of Ford's things here is either invalidly gained (read previous steam logs). The only things he could possibly know in this case is that she said she wouldn't jump, and we spoke in Polish. You can't PK off assumptions. I will add to this if any arguments are brought up that actually counter this.

Sorry for late response, was at work.

To anyone who says Aura should be NLR'd because we didn't have auths on her, please realise @Flippy has made it clear before to me that you need auths to NLR.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. PilotBland

Nebulae:
    each case is different

hermit hasn't also went off and attempt to perma kill every developed character under the sun, and assumed off logical bias they had auths on soviet due to harassment and false calls

it's not all black and white, and this appeal can get a different verdict especially considering who killed aura is known for their PK fixing and blatant fuckery

• Agree Agree x 12
    • nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. transcended soc

transcended soc Nucleus

Nebulae:
    You're irrelevant to the case, and you're just posting things that I've already had mind when writing that original response.

I'm just using the same chain PK void that was used for Hermit's case. I'm neitherknown for PK fixing nor am I known for blatant fuckery (as far as I know, this shit only came about when I PKd Aura, MAYBE when I assisted in the killing of @PRICE )

15. Goopy

Goopy Atom

Nebulae:
    Honestly, just say KEK and K4E got some random chick connected to Lost to kill herself (the NLR rule), so Lost killed them.

It's blatantly obvious neither K4E or KEK gives a single shit about the well being of rebel-RP, nor do they give a shit about roleplay or the development of other characters, all that matters to them is how much they can inflate their ego by killing people's characters who actually roleplay on the server.

They are everything wrong with RebelRP, they are the cancer-shitfest we make memes about and try to strive away from, it's obvious that as soon as they get even the smallest reason to PK someone, they'll do it. They've done it before, they've done it now.

Solution? PK their characters and blacklist them from rebelRP, they are toxic and unhealthy, the community has voiced their concerns against these two.

somewhat relevant situation:
    back in i17, some woman was rude to me, so K4E pushed me to get PK auths and try to PK her, he even asked if he can do it.

• nebulous x 20
    • Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Zing x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  16. transcended soc

transcended soc Nucleus

Nebulae:
    How do you go about blacklisting someone from something that's completely IC? Being a rebel isn't a faction, and the only rules within it are the rules of the server, of which we violate none that qualify us to be BANNED from roleplaying.
    I understand the mob mentality around disliking K4E and I, since we PK'd a developed character, but this is far too drastic.

Let's address your points.
    You're irrelevant to the outcome of the appeal, as you literally are completely unrelated to the incedent. Posting your opinion on the verdict most-likely will not change that of the PK auths team, unless it's actually got relevant information with it.
    Yes, it's not like I roleplayed extensively on Atlas, and tried to give Aura a death that would actually develop others instead of just S2King her on graveyard hours. I doubt I've ever played with you, and if I have, you've got the wrong impression of me.
    Everything wrong with RebelRP is not something that one or two people can epitomise. Stop trying to collectivise yourself with everyone else by saying 'we make memes about and try to strive away from', as it's honestly cringey at best. Saying 'they've done it before, they've done it now' is literally only two cases. The previous case being completely valid. If you honestly believe this, you've never actually roleplayed with my character, or if you have, you've got the wrong impression.
    Refrence the top. You shouldn't blacklist people from a non-whitelist faction. You're making a fool of yourself by taking it a step too far. Of course we messed up, but that doesn't mean that you should make a decision that's literally never been done before (unless you count bans from the server as blacklists? not sure...). The community has 'voiced their concerns' in a single case, not overall. Of course there's going to be shit surrounding a contreversial PK, there literally always is. This 'banning people from rebelRP' has been suggested before, believe it or not, and it doesn't pass for a simple reason.

It doesn't make sense to blacklist people from roleplaying, for roleplaying. A ban is fine for punishment, but a blacklist is unreasonable.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  17. Pyromancer

Pyromancer doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????

Nebulae:
    i still die, then - and aura loses all the dev she would've gotten from @Nicrobe 's idea

if you wanted this honestly just say aura survived the fall but is like completely fucked - lost decided to go ape outdoorsand cream egg the two, still - before eventually getting stabbed by maque

immersion isn't ruined - aura doesn't die for no reason and gets some interesting dev - while @Tommyquill 's actions aren't completely moot and the good rp that happened as a result isn't all pointless

that's if you're even going this route honestly im fine with anything being honest

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. transcended soc

transcended soc Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Except there's no way she could have survived the fall. Her dev would literally be internal bleeding and being crippled for life, if we're still using @harry 's verdict on the situation's start. This can be discussed over steam though, instead of filling the thread with meaningless comments.

19. Chadwick

Chadwick Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Hi sorry to chime in.

I don't believe there's exactly a mob mentality behind people disliking you, I just believe a lot of people have seen you kill off a lot of developed characters in a very short span of time.

Perhaps if you focused less on killing rebels, and more on helping them, this would be different. It seems to be a common theme for you and K4E, that's all.
    Merged:
    Also - harry's verdict can be changed by Nicrobe, stop pushing so hard for Aura to be PK'd when you want UNpk'd yourself

• nebulous nebulous x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. transcended soc

transcended soc Nucleus

Nebulae:
    A lot as in two.
    I've only killed two characters on Atlas, I don't see how this is common whatsoever, other than it being within a short(ish) timespan. The reason I say mob mentality is because I'm seeing disagrees and dumbs that were around from people who weren't there for the situation, although I could be wrong. Of course, every one of those people probably read the entire appeal and made a proper decision before rating me disagree instantly...

That's why I said IF. He can override it, but I don't see why he would—given how it's a pretty objective situation that would lead to her death.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice