RETARD BEGINS MAPPING AND SUCCEEDS

dvn

Atom
Nebulae
ft2lNLq.jpg

Hello guys and gals
Recently seeing Zak rebuild a whole fucking industrial map and other people make absolutely stunning maps like Truenorth and others I have decided to get back into mapping. (I'm actually dedicated this time)
Thread will be updated weekly with my progress.
I'll try to update you each week on where I am but at the time of this thread's creation I go away from the 3rd to the 17th to go shoot some guns and do some watersports so I will have to make up for it afterwards.
Anyway here's Week 1 of rp_downtown_summer, with plenty of procrastination and delays.

PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK

Week 1
9aaMUlU.jpg

This fountain and spawnpoints took me around a day, as well as the corner things because I do things slowly and manually. I will replace the boring corner texture in future.
I added water using a canals texture but I think it looks absolutely amazing for a summer theme.
I imported my own 512x512 floor tile texture and it looks stunning because all the FUCKING HL2 FLOORS ARE COVERED IN SHIT AND PISS AND DIRT
Also the skybox is broken for some odd reason.
R55vm3V.jpg

The sign texture I designed. It took a long while since I saved it in the wrong size (fuck you paint.net) but after a few offset changes it was perfect.
CLiLtBS.jpg

Overall I'm very proud of my work so far. This took me in total around a day with two days beforehand messing with stuff, spawning zombies and weapons and stuff.
I also forgot to mention I run these maps off GMOD, so I can spawn stuff in and play with it in there too.
GIVE ME FEEDBACK

Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
ft2lNLq.jpg

Hello guys and gals
Recently seeing Zak rebuild a whole fucking industrial map and other people make absolutely stunning maps like Truenorth and others I have decided to get back into mapping. (I'm actually dedicated this time)
Thread will be updated weekly with my progress.
I'll try to update you each week on where I am but at the time of this thread's creation I go away from the 3rd to the 17th to go shoot some guns and do some watersports so I will have to make up for it afterwards.
Anyway here's Week 1 of rp_downtown_summer, with plenty of procrastination and delays.

PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK

Week 1
9aaMUlU.jpg

This fountain and spawnpoints took me around a day, as well as the corner things because I do things slowly and manually. I will replace the boring corner texture in future.
I added water using a canals texture but I think it looks absolutely amazing for a summer theme.
I imported my own 512x512 floor tile texture and it looks stunning because all the FUCKING HL2 FLOORS ARE COVERED IN SHIT AND PISS AND DIRT
Also the skybox is broken for some odd reason.
R55vm3V.jpg

The sign texture I designed. It took a long while since I saved it in the wrong size (fuck you paint.net) but after a few offset changes it was perfect.
CLiLtBS.jpg

Overall I'm very proud of my work so far. This took me in total around a day with two days beforehand messing with stuff, spawning zombies and weapons and stuff.
I also forgot to mention I run these maps off GMOD, so I can spawn stuff in and play with it in there too.
GIVE ME FEEDBACK
It seems that I‘m not the only retard trying to map here, very nice.

Reactions: List