Ynvz8tN.png

something i made for my cp
the camera focus / depth of field in this makes me very happy, this is cool af

Reactions: List

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
AOTW 9 of 52, 2021

This is pretty neato, has a very particular style which is constant from head to toe of the drawing. I'm not all that good at giving drawing feedback but I'll be honest about things that stick out to me. The shading of everything involved is really well done! The only thing missing to give it that extra UMPH is perhaps some faint texturing on top of it. As an example, the leather glove is done very well - the shine really gives off that leathery look. I imagine a CP uniform is kinda canvas'y so that could be something to think about adding maybe. Lastly, the eye of the woman looks cool but also looks mega big if you think about it, like it struts out and glances left. Giant. Eyeball. Great work here :^)

Impressive work, I took a look at your thread and workshop post. Saw all he kinds of options you've put out for display and use and I think it is pretty darn cool. Honestly would not know where to begin with model texturing feedback but maybe you could start a new project with CPs if you're looking for some kind of inspiration ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

here is my art for this week

___________§§§$$§§$§§_
_________$$$$$§§§$$§§$§_
_______($$$$$$$§§§$$§§$§§_(§§)_
_______($$$$$$$$$$$$§§$$__$§§$)~
________(§§§$$$$§$$$$§§$$§§$§§$§§~
________((_($$§§$§§$§§§§§§§§§$$§§$
________))_(§$$$$$$§§$$§§$§§$§§§§§~
_________((_)_((§$$§$$§§$$§§$§§$§§§§((....
___________))_)_§$$))_$$$§§§$$§§$§§$§§§§§
___________(__(_))_§$§§§§§$$§§$$§§$§§$§§§
_______________(__$_$$§§§§§§$$§§$$§§$§§$§§
_______________)_$_$§$§§§§§§$§§$$§§$§§§§__§
__________________)$__§§§§§§$§$$_§$$§§___§$§
_________________(§___$§§§§§$§§$_§$$___§§§§§§
_________________($§__$§$§§§$$$§§§_$__$§§§§§$§§
__________________§§§_§$$$$$§§§§§§§$§§_§$$§$$§§§§
___________________(§__§§§§§§§§§§$§§$$§§_§§$_§§§§§
___________________(§_$$§§$§§§§§§§§$$§§$§_$§§§§§§
____________________§_$§§$§§§§§§§§$$§§_§§$§§§§§§
____________________§__$$§§§§$§§§§§§$_§§$§§$§§§
_____________________§_$$§§§§$§§§§§__$§§$§§$§§
_____________________§_$$_§§§§§§$§§$$§§$§§§§
_____________________§§§§_§§§§§$§§$$§§$§§§§
_____________________§§§$$::::§§$$$§§$$§§$_§
___________________§§§§:§§§§§§__§§$§§$§_§§
_________________§$$:§§§§§$$$§___§$§§$§§§§
______________§§:§§$§$$§§$$__$§§$§§§§§§
____________$$§:§§§$§$$$$$§§$$§§$§§$§_§§§
__________$$§:§§$$$$$$§§$§§§§§§§$$___$§§
_______$$$§::§$$$$$$§§$§§§§§§§§§______§§
_____$$$§::§$$$$FL$§§§§§§§$§§$_________§
___$$$§::§§$$$$§§§§$$$§§§§
_$$§::§§§$$§§$§§§§§§§§§
$§§§$§§§§§$$§§§§§§§
§§§§§§§$$§§$§§§§
_§§§§§§§§$§§_§§$
_§§§§§§§§§$§§$_§§§
__§§§§$§§§$§$§§$_§§
___§§§§$§§§$§$§§$_§§
_____$§§§§§§§§§§§$§_§§
______§§§$§§§§§§$§§$§_§
_______$§§§§§§§$$§$$§§_§§
________§§§§$$§§$$§§$$§§_§
_________§$§$$$§§§§§§$$§§$§§
__________$$$$§§$_§§$§§$§§§§§§
___________§$§§$§§_§§§§§§§§§$$§§$§
____________§$§§$§§_§§§§§§§§_$$§§$
_____________§$§§$§§_$§§§§§__§§$§
_________________§$§§$______§§§§
__________________§§§§§_§§__§§§§$
__________________§§§$§§__$§§§§§§§
___________________§$§§$§____§$§§§§
_____________________§§§$§§___§§$§§
Lame

Another week, another exceptionally well made Viper post. If it wereme I woulda gone all out with the HUD and made a little menu in the left which showed available units ETC. On a scenebuild level this is very cool, even with the lack of smaller details - the overall environment is kinda spectacular. Spot on bro. Nice

It sounds good, Liew - kinda reminds me of the shitpost meme songs you used to find on soundcloud

Cursed liveleak posts two week in a row? Who woulda thunk it. I've seen gorier posts here before so we will allow it. The main thing that seems out of place in this grotesque scene is the man on the right who is unflinchingly just stood there like a cut-out. Otherwise, the guy on the left has a pretty good posture especially with the detail of his hand coming up to cover his face. I'd have maybe added more of a bend to the hand holding the pistol just so there's some kind of visible recoil. Remember to show some push and pull in these things. Coolio

I like this, I like it a lot, I like the colours and how you can kinda make out some structures in the distance. Sucks that they are kinda blurred out but makes sense because of the heavy DOF. The lighting is hella cool too - especially where that spotlight is on the right side. The only thing that is really missing for me is that even though the CP is lit up from the right - there is no directly visible source to this light. Which is nit picky, but if you can clearly see the beam from the other light, some continuity in this lighting characteristic could have added some more effect to the image. Aside from that, great work; better than the first image you posted. Would be nice to see some detail of the totally blacked out pieces, but stylistically it makes sense to have left that out.
-

@MaelRadecs and @McTiddles get the bold this week
Ynvz8tN.png
62693d0312.png

-

Have a good week you guys
:^)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
less entering the competition, moreso looking for help and criticism

RockyLandscape.png

Shovelman.png

trying to scenebuild but im pretty SHIT at it

Viper

Neutrino
Nebulae
how the fuck do you pull this shit off

idk i just do i guess. on a more serious note, a lot of practice, i've been doing this for the past 4 to 5 years now. i only got to the level i am now after the 3rd/4th year.

a lot of my older work is embarrassing to look at from an artist's point of view. but it's necessary to keep them around. i do however, have .psd's of all the work i have made (and posted here).

i wouldn't mind sharing them with you guys if it would help you guys understand the process a bit more. just let me know.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
idk i just do i guess. on a more serious note, a lot of practice, i've been doing this for the past 4 to 5 years now. i only got to the level i am now after the 3rd/4th year.

a lot of my older work is embarrassing to look at from an artist's point of view. but it's necessary to keep them around. i do however, have .psd's of all the work i have made (and posted here).

i wouldn't mind sharing them with you guys if it would help you guys understand the process a bit more. just let me know.

that'd be great

im much better at single subject pieces
Heavysmirk2.png
did this this morning as practice

i have no idea how to apply this level of lighting to a scene instead of a single person though

Viper

Neutrino
Nebulae

here it is gamers, my psd's of all the gmod work i posted here and those i considered good enough to share with you gamers.
and if any of you need a more in depth tutorial on the in-game lighting/rendering part, my friend olmate has a good video for exactly that:

i hope that this will help some of you guys looking into improving.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
not a thing in SFM
Not really true

Can always just use a matrix of a couple lights that have:
  1. Unlimited range
  2. Disabled shadows
  3. Dim colours
This creates a base light which I usually use as like a 'background' light to an entire scene, means I don't have to make shadow lights as well unless it's for a specific area

Then you can use the other 9 shadow lights that SFM allows to do whatever - use shadowless lights to blend it

Sure it's scuffed, but it can be replicated

GMOD deffo has some more freedom and I wish I put as much time into it as I had with SFM

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

here it is gamers, my psd's of all the gmod work i posted here and those i considered good enough to share with you gamers.
and if any of you need a more in depth tutorial on the in-game lighting/rendering part, my friend olmate has a good video for exactly that:

i hope that this will help some of you guys looking into improving.

KNEW that’s where you got

apologies for my schizoposts in your discord x

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
GMOD deffo has some more freedom and I wish I put as much time into it as I had with SFM
you really don't. difference is it takes you 5 hours to make something look pretty as opposed to 1 or 2 in SFM; i use it pretty much exclusively because it feels more rewarding to make that shite look pretty. only upside to gmod is that it doesn't crash.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
you really don't. difference is it takes you 5 hours to make something look pretty as opposed to 1 or 2 in SFM; i use it pretty much exclusively because it feels more rewarding to make that shite look pretty. only upside to gmod is that it doesn't crash.
gmod takes forever to do shit and it's a bitch to get right, agree

but ngl i honeslty think stuff made in gmod looks better than in SFM, sometimes. only downside is that the game's nearly as old as me so the models and shit aren't gonna look half as good

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
depends on the person tbh

i can whip out a pretty good scenebuild in gmod in an hour or less, lighting is a bit fiddly in gmod but it generally doesn't take too long once you've found the sweet spot and the atmosphere you wanna create.

there are loads of shortcuts you can take in gmod, it's the reason i like it so much cos it's so easy and quick to make something look good (provided you have the assets like scenebuild packs etc)

all in all gmod definitely one-ups sfm in my opinion since it's highly customizable and easy to use if you have the patience for it, plus reshade is by far the best editing tool since you can edit it on the fly whilst in-game and it negates the need for post production