News REVOLUTION Announcement & Info, 22/09/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brand1065

Neutrino
Nebulae
Literally everyone died
Earth got stolen
I'd say it's pretty much as wipey as you can get on a server.

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
So
Here's a theory:

The revolution won... Everything was fine... For about thirty seconds.

Seeing as Freeman didn't exist in this timeline, this is what WOULD have happened in the events of Half Life 2/episode 1+2 without his intervention.

The G-Man sees all this, and sees how Earth ends, effectively, and finds a convergence point (Where two or more alternate Universes meet) where he can insert Gordon Freeman back into the timeline to kick start it all again, without destroying space-time.

Hence "Insert Subject Freeman".

So...

My theory is that Helix is gonna be Half Life RP but with Gordon Freeman in it or involved at least AT SOME POINT in the story... And that this will be more similar in some way to the actual Half Life 2 story, but with the Nebulous Cloud lore twists.
there's infinite universes, there could be a universe that doesnt need gordon to get a 'good' ending

just a matter of the 'perfect' universe so the plot of hl2 can be carried out and the plan of the g-man and his employers can be carried out perfectly

Reactions: List

Brand1065

Neutrino
Nebulae
there's infinite universes, there could be a universe that doesnt need gordon to get a 'good' ending

just a matter of the 'perfect' universe so the plot of hl2 can be carried out and the plan of the g-man and his employers can be carried out perfectly

Good point.

G-Man is simply looking for the most profitable route.

He can't make profit from Earth and Gordon Freeman if both of them are gone.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
575586.jpg
ur a wet wipe matt

.:BurningFox:.

Professional cynic
Nebulae
Reminds me of OneShot's "SAVIOR NOT FOUND" error message. Without the main character, Gordon in this case, there can be no victory or end.

I knew things were going south the moment Breen directly addressed the rebels.

That dreading feeling that something wasn't right- and that's exactly what it was. I like to think that it was a literal reset, everything is undone but this time around Freeman will be released from stasis just before the next time the "Revolution" kicks in, and that's what'll lead to the "true" end.

Makes me curious about if we'll ever see it, though.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
That dreading feeling that something wasn't right- and that's exactly what it was. I like to think that it was a literal reset, everything is undone but this time around Freeman will be released from stasis just before the next time the "Revolution" kicks in, and that's what'll lead to the "true" end.

Makes me curious about if we'll ever see it, though.

There's already a universe without the Combine, i.e the Utopia universe.

All that essentially happened was Gordon was shuffled across to the next dimension and everyone else froze to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.